Yeah, it's a very advanced Clinic, as they claim into their website. Okay, but that's not everything.
First let me introduce myself : I am a young adult (20 years) from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Chronic opioids and benzodiazepines user.
I was heavily medicated all the time with wrong medicines (neuroleptics) instead of methadone and benzodiazepinics ; my withdrawal was terrible I don't want to remember about these days.
The time i went to this Treatment Center i was 16, the clinic regime/policy is very strict and I couldn't deal with it properly since I was a teenager, minor, i had to stay with a nurse at my side all the time without any privacy, the nurses used to regularly search the rooms for any "harmful" stuff that could be around with the patient.
I was searched all the time that I went back to the clinic which has a intensive treatment.
These searches eventually turned shameful for me and I would consider them nowadays as abuse since I couldn't understand that when I was younger
Nobody can use a telephone, or any eletronic device inside there so I have no photos or any way to prove what happened to me there, the rooms have a television (if you pay for it), then you can watch it.
You are watched all the time, some patients are watched even when they go to bathroom by nurses of the same sex.
You have no contact with the outside world and you aren't told about the pills you're given and taking them is mandatory, if you don't take the medications then you are injected with anti-psychotics and they claim you "out of your mind" you get the risk of getting strapped for some days if you don't obey the nurses, whose are ABUSIVE.
The treatment is poor and the Doctors neglect other patients. The relapse risk is very high, due to the poor treatment of the mental health of the patients, the happiness and the joy is minimum you are restricted from many things (from making friends to staying awake) this regimen made me and lot's of other people fail, lot's of patients came back to the clinic more than 7 times due to relapses, some even died eventually.
I saw myself being strapped sometimes, and staying up to 5 days due to chronic insomnia and benzo withdrawal.
Panic attacks were difficult to control due to lack of care from Doctors; I've been given no medications when having panic attacks
Not worth, such a waste of time, poor healthcare. I came back worst than when I joined, and nowadays my family is scared because doctors put my family members into a fearful state of mind like I was suicidal and going to overdose any time.
Clif Space - Chemical dependency and Psychiatry
- 1/5, 1 from 1 review
Intensive treatment rehabilitation Clinic for chemical dependents and psychiatric patients
14 months of despair - This Clinic almost gave me PTSD
- 1/5, 1 out of 5, reviewed Apr 19, 2018
- + Nurses are widely available, medication always available, food is great, rooms are comfy
4 members found this helpful.
- - No communication with outside, doctors won't prescribe nothing for anxiety or pain, no privacy
- - No concern about patient happiness, high rate of relapses, long time locked feels like prision
- - Searches can be abusive, traumatizing, no cooperation, I couldn't talk to family or loved ones
- Primary Focus:
- Type of Care:
- Mix of Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Methadone maintenance
- Medications for psychiatric disorders)
- Transitional housing or halfway house
- Accepts clients on opioid medication
- Residential treatment center (RTC) for children
- Residential treatment center (RTC) for adults
- Other residential treatment facility
- Partial hospitalization/day treatment
- Community mental health center
- Multi-setting mental health facility (e.g., residential plus outpatient)
- Treatment Approaches:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Behavior modification
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Trauma therapy
- Activity therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Psychotropic medication
- 12-step facilitation approach
- Brief intervention approach
- Community reinforcement plus vouchers
- Relapse prevention
- Smoking permitted in designated area
- Service Setting (e.g., Outpatient, Residential, etc.):
- Payment Assistance Available:
- Payment assistance (check with facility for details)
- Special Programs/Groups Offered:
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders
- Seniors or older adults
- Pregnant/postpartum women
- Adult women
- Adult men
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons who have experienced sexual abuse
- Persons who have experienced intimate partner violence, domestic violence
- Children with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Transitional age young adults
- Persons with eating disorders
- Ancillary Services:
- Intensive case management
- Consumer-run (peer-support) services
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Illness management and recovery
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Non-nicotine smoking/tobacco cessation medications
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Screening for tobacco use
- Suicide prevention services
- Smoking/tobacco cessation counselling
- Screening for mental health disorders
- Breath analyzer or blood alcohol testing
- Drug or alcohol urine screening
- Discharge Planning
- Aftercare/continuing care
- Social skills development
- Substance abuse education
- Mental health services
- Self-help groups
- Treatment for non-substance abuse addiction disorder
- Alcohol Detoxification
- Benzodiazepines Detoxification
- Cocaine Detoxification
- Methamphetamines Detoxification
- Opioids Detoxification
- Treatment for gambling disorder
- Treatment for internet use disorder
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Family counseling offered
- Marital/couples counseling offered
- Residential beds for clients children
- Age Groups Accepted:
- Young adults
- Seniors (65 or older)
- Gender Accepted:
"We aim at the quality of health and security of patient, they have standard hotel, standards and equipment technology for a rehabilitation health center". - Clif clinic says
Pricey, very aggressive also invasive treatment. Families can put their members at this clinic without the patient permissions. All patients get searched at the moment they enter the clinic (even if they don't agree with being searched). Routine toxicological tests are mandatory.
Compulsory overreacting patients will be sedated and strapped until they get calm, all patients are heavily medicated and there's no outside communication, no mobile phones or any devices are allowed, intensive care, going to NA and AA inside the clinic is mandatory, pricey, patients get no rights, and must obey nurses and urine toxicological exams are mandatory.
Is this your Rehab?
Is this your Rehab? Register now and Claim your Rehab for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.