1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
  1. NeuroChi
    Allister Vale

    Methanol is found in antifreeze solutions, windscreen-washing
    fluid, duplicating fluid, paint remover, varnishes and shoe polish,
    and is used widely as a solvent and to denature ethanol.
    Almost all cases of acute methanol toxicity result from ingestion.
    Rarely, poisoning follows inhalation or dermal absorption.
    Absorption following ingestion is rapid; peak methanol concentrations
    occur within 30–60 minutes. Ingestion of as little as 10 ml
    of pure methanol has caused permanent blindness and 30 ml is
    potentially fatal, though individual susceptibility varies widely.

    Discussion Thread