1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Answered - 100% cure for bad trips.

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by jezpee, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jezpee

jezpee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from Finland
    Everyone is talking about having benzos for bad trip, but if you really need to kill the trip the answer is quetiapine sold as seroquel and ketipinor could be others. I found this out when smoking dmt and had no effects bcos of this drug. i first thought i was scammed and then read on internet it blocks all serotonin receptors. So i waited a day and tried again and into hyperspace. i have used 100mg fast acting if you have extended release chew them up for mdma comedowns. after 10 minutes you feel normalish and after hour you are happily sleeping. next morning can feel foggy for first 4 hours but this drug eliminates from your body under 24 hours and i havent seen any adverse effects. Still i have to say some combinations can be dangerous and i wont take responsibility if something bad happens. i have 4 pills in case bad trip happens, but never had to use them. But i have only tripped 2 times this year. Oh i also used this once when combo mda and mushrooms, and mda has long comedown, and worked great. So only combo with lsd i cant say about safety but psychedelics basically works the same way. I also feel like i need to add that for me mdma is psychedelic not a dance drug, alot of visuals, relaxation and love etc...

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    seroquel has a weak affinity for serotonin receptors. You are right that it does affect those serotonin subtype receptors which are important to some hallucinogens like DMT, LSD and Psilocin. However, its very weak in action compared to other serotonin antagonists like Clozapine. So it will not block any drug or any dose. All in all its a good and helpful tip, but not a 100% cure.

I do have doubts if using a serotonin antagonist to kill a trip might have any negative psychological effects. It might well have. But when it gets to the point that its really needed to get rid off a bad trip then its well worth considering.

3. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    67 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    I can't believe that I am going to question what Alfa said (!), but I have been a consumer of 100 mg. of quetiapine per night for sleep for a long time, and I find that it always ends my psychedelic trips and puts me right to sleep. The same applies to bad weed trips, DXM trips, and just a really shitty bad day.

And, I agree that if you are not accustomed to taking it, it could have some negative psychological side effects, but they are not likely to last too long. When I say that it puts me right to sleep, i mean within 15-20 minutes. Trip over. Decent night's sleep. But, as Alfa said, use only in a critical bad trip situation.

Just my own personal experience.

4. jezpee

jezpee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from Finland
    yeah i wrote this post ina hurry but basically it blocks all serotonin receptors in your brain