1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

100mg Morphine Sulfate questions

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by Pinkavvy, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    so there was a dream ...

where a friend had some 100mg morphene sulfate pills and was curious about a few things ...

what is a good dosage oraly for somebody who enjoys 20mg of oxycontin?

and it was all a dream.... with more information, perhaps the dream will be better
    Edited by: Alfa

2. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    anybody know anything about these?

3. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    *sigh* is there nobody out there to answer my question? :(

4. bowlingforcindy

bowlingforcindy

Reputation Points:
    sorry, just wait a bit longer till these ppl have had some more h then they'l respond

5. arjay

arjay

Reputation Points:
    There is an online narcotic dosage converter at:

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

According to this, with 50% cross tolerance, 20mg oxycodone (oral) is equivalent to 15mg morphine (oral)

Can't help you with prices....

6. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    pinkavvy,

100mg of morphine sulfate is pretty strong. Stronger than 20mg of Oxycontin. Oxycontin is a sustained release pill whereas MS is immediate acting unless it is MS SR. I would be careful with the MS unless you are an opiate tolerant individual, ie you do opiates a lot. A usual dose of morphine sulfate is 10-30mg every 3-4hrs or 20mgs of Oxycontin. I would at least split the 100mg tablet in half

geeb

7. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    it is a time released pill. I've been splitting them into quarters and taking a quarter and it's doing fine.

I am new to opiates other than tar and oxycontin lol
    Edited by: Alfa

8. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think a dose of OC would be very similar to a dose of morph.If i take 50mgs of oc to get off i would do about the same amount of morph.Edited by: Alfa

9. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    it 'should' be safe to take the hole pill (but please do not if you are not comfortable always wrk your way up), especially since you have already experimented you will most likly have a wee tolerance. my first time experimenting with morphs was with a 100mg pill and it was an experience. the time release is awkward since on your first time you dont really know what to expect, then after some times passed you are morphed out.

10. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6

Reputation Points:
    if you dont break it up its totally fine taking the whole 100mg. If you open it make sure you smash up the tiny balls up into powder. They are not super hard like hydro morph. Then snort maybe a 1/4 of it and see how it feels. Work your way up.

11. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I just got a hold of a 60mg time released morph sulf. I didnt crush up the balls and ate half. I felt it for that day. THen i went to sleep and when i woke up I still felt it for a good portion of the next day. If you dont want this to happen you should crush it up.

12. fkdpunk

fkdpunk

Reputation Points:
    hey everybody.

i just joined and this was the first post that stuck out.hey pinkavvy, for someone who enjoys 20mg oxy, i highly suggest staying away from a morph dosage that high. i used oxy almost every day for about 4 months(which i dont suggest doing, major DT's), and i took up to 120mg's oxy to get high. then in a short period in time, i tried morph, exactly 100mg. its a lot stronger(so strong i had to think about breathing to keep breathing!) and the whole next day i was so sick i couldnt move without puking[​IMG].sooo, i HIGHLY suggest working your way up, or better yet, dont even bother with a dose like that...th

13. KingBenzo1208

KingBenzo1208

Reputation Points:
    I shot over a hundred 100mg ms contin tabs. Then i ran out......

death was a welcome option. be careful with those 100s they are
    great. If you heat and shoot them they approximate 60mg ivp. good
    rush and last a couple hours. take something for nausea if your not an
    opiate user. phenergan is splendid, it also will potientate the MS. If
    your going to shoot these start with 1/2 tabs and move up. Or slam it
    with a not so intoxicated friend who can call 911 un case your ass
    "dfo"s.

Morphine is not stronger nor better than oxy. order of superioroty for pills

#1 Dilauded (oxymorphone)
    #2 Oxycontin 80s
    #3 MS contin 100s
    #4 MS 30s x3

Dont take advise on how much. work your way up and then down to avoid
    hard withdrawls drink lots of gatorade and dont shoot more that 8hrs
    out of any 72hr period.

Heroinhelper.com has a great MS contin pill shooting section under advise i think.

dont snort MS Contin, it is based in wax and you will not get a
    very good high. shoot em or just take em orally on an empty stomach if
    your not sensitive. If your tolorance is low eat or drink milk with
    them to help avoid the puking.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  14. gremlin182

gremlin182

Reputation Points:
    To those talking about going from one pill type to th next... You can make a conversion unless you have been on both types for equal lengths of time, and then compare the feelings to you own feelings are the same point in time into the use of each. That is, if you go from 120mg of OC a day to 100 or 80 mg of MS CONTIN a day, the MS CONTIN WILL MESS you up as your body is not ued to it. This iswhat MD do to keep people pain free, change up the med types from time to time.

[Prices are not allowed outside of the source forum]Edited by: Alfa