1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - 1st Kratom Experience (2.5 Grams)

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by ChocolateMilk420, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ChocolateMilk420

ChocolateMilk420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Okay so I mixed about 2.5 grams of kratom with a glass of chocolate milk because I didn't have any tea, tap water is gross, and I didn't
    think it was a good idea to mix it with root bear (All the beverages I had). So I stirred it EXTREMELY well and let it sit to dissolve for about half an hour and
    stirred it well again, I took 3 gulps and switched to another drink to prevent throwing up, when I got to the lower part of the glass
    I couldn't swallow any more and spit it up and almost vomited. I probably drank a good 2 grams worth before quitting. Let me just say
    before I list my experience that I have tried kratom 4 or 5 times before, but in those cases I only took about half a gram and felt semi
    relaxed for about 10 minutes before it wore off, so this counts as my first REAL time doing it. My experiences are as follows:

As I was drinking it I was feeling very relaxed, but it was one of the grosest things I've tasted. Due to the almost vomitting I felt
    very nauseas yet slightly relaxed for a good hour. As more time went by I started to feel warm and stimulated while mildly relaxed at
    the same time, and the nausea was gone by then! After abt 1 1/2 hours of after taking it I could feel my focus actually dwindling, not
    like general focus just surroundings. I was only focused on what was right in front of me, and I felt like I was doing things without even
    knowing I was doing it. It was a sense of unawareness, that I actually quite enjoyed. My anxiety and muscle tightness where completely
    gone, probably not because it cured my pain or anything but because of my lack of surrounding focus. after about 1 hour and 45 minutes it
    started to wear off and I started feeling really itchy all over my body. I still felt slightly euphoric for another 10 minutes or so until
    it almost completelty wore off.

It's definetly nothing compared to weed, and not worth the taste. Probably won't order any more, but it was an interesting experience none
    the less! :D

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Welcome to the world of kratom.
    What type did you take?
    2.5 grams is very little if it was just regular kratom.
    I am not sure anyone has ever said it was like weed? If anything it is more similar to opiates.
    If you do try it again maybe read some of the recipes on how to mask the taste and texture so you don't end up getting sick again.
    Good quality kratom should last at least a few hours. Did you buy it from a headshop or legal high site by any chance? They are notorious for selling crap kratom.
    Welcome to the site. :)

3. blacksparrow

blacksparrow Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    You got that from 2.5 grams of kratom!? You are extremely lucky!!
    I am long past those days when 2 teaspoons would get me somewhere (and I think even that is around 8 grams). I got pretty high last night... I did 3 teaspoons all at once, mixed in juice and finished within 20 or 30 min. Got the buzz, then sipped on another teaspoon throughout the night to supplement the buzz. I feel like 4 was still a fair amount, though... probably too much. I should reset my tolerance a bit.

blacksparrow added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

When done properly and in the right dose, kratom is wayyy better for me than pot.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. ChocolateMilk420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was Red Vein Mang Da, and no I got it from a trusted site. I know that 2.5g isn't a lot but it's all I could take really, I have looked at articles and nothing really works. I can't really make tea with it (boiling it anyway) but I guess I could heat up some tea to get it really hot in the microwave and try to stir it in. If I put in say 4 grams, about how many cups of tea should I mix that with? I want to be able to drink it fast but not have to deal with the taste so much.

ChocolateMilk420 added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Well actually I did use two teaspoons (I think you're thinking of table spoons) one teaspoon is 1-2 grams of kratom, while a tablespoon is 3-5

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  5. best

best Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    @ ChocolateMilk420 :

Did you measure on a scale?

I have "Red Vein Horned Maeng Da Kratom"
    1/2 Teaspoon = more than a gram on my scale,
    2 Teaspoons should be like 5+ grams

6. blacksparrow

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I am doing 3 - 4 teaspoons now and not feeling too much -_-
    I think I am pushing it with how often I'm doing this stuff....

7. trippymindfuk

trippymindfuk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Cincinnati, OH, United States
    It might help to put it in applesauce or chocolate pudding if you can't stand the taste. I always put a couple teaspoons (about 7-10 grams) in a glass of some good sweet tea and slammed it down but I actually kinda like the taste.

8. frizz

frizz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    You really need to weigh it properly. I find a teaspoon of the same batch weighs a different amount each time. Anywhere from 4-7 grams for a heaping one. I play a game where I try to guess the weight and It always varies massively.

As suggested above try mixing it into pudding or yogurt if you find it hard to get down.

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Says who?
    Are you using a measuring spoon?
    Have you weighed the amount in the measuring spoon?

Have a look at this....

A note about Weighing Kratom

One of the most frequent questions we get from people new to kratom who have just received their first order is 'How do i measure it?'
    There is only one correct way to do this and it is by using a digital scale.

With a drug like kratom eyeballing might not seem like an issue, after all a few extra grams of plain leaf wont kill you, but it can cause problems with your tolerance. Maintaining the same dose will not only help you keep track of how much kratom you are using but it will help to ensure that you can keep track of your tolerance so that when you find the usual dose is no longer giving you the same effects you can (and should) take an extra long break to let your tolerance reset.
    The danger of not doing this is that if you keep raising your dose you are moving one step closer to addiction, an no one wants that.

There are a million and one claims on the internet about how much kratom is in a tea/table spoon. This form of measurement has caught a lot of people off guard. I have read posts from people who think that a table spoon holds 5 grams, and as they 'only take 2 tablespoons a day' they are keeping their dose to 10 grams. When they have actually taken that same tablespoon of kratom and weighed it they are often shocked to realise that they have been in fact taking a LOT more than they believed. And they wonder why they are feeling Withdrawals when they run out!

There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to measuring out Powdered Kratom using teaspoons, and the main problem is that people are just dipping into their cutlery drawer and using any old teaspoon they can lay their hands on.

I have seen people claim that a teaspoon of Kratom powder weighs anywhere between 2 grams and 7 grams, and it could....if they are using a spoon they use to stir their tea with.

Below are 3 'Teaspoons' that I pulled out of his cutlery drawer, as you can see the 3 spoons shown are of slightly different sizes, some are deeper than others and this is where people are going wrong.

[​IMG]

I presume that the huge difference between measurements that people offer is down to using any old spoon and also using Heaped servings of powder instead of leveled spoon servings.

Now when it comes to measuring out a 'Teaspoon' of Kratom Powder you need to use a proper measuring spoon. Measuring spoons are standardised to specific volumes, they are used in cooking and when people weigh out a tablespoon they should use the specifically designed measuring spoon to do so. The powder should be levelled of flat at the top of the spoon.

Shown below are a set of Measuring Spoons, they range from 1/8 TSP (0.6ml) up to 1 TBSP (15ml)
    The Spoon in the middle is the Teaspoon (1TSP - 5ml)

[​IMG]

But even using proper measuring spoons does not solve the issue.
    They might be convenient if you are only using the same batch and providing you have first used a digital scale to check just how much of your kratom fits into a leveled tea/table spoon, but not all kratom is the same.

Different vendors provide kratom of different grinds. Some are coarser than others, some are as fine as baby powder. The difference in the grind can lead to a very big difference in how much you can fit into your spoon.

Here are some photos for example.....
    In this photo we have 1 (measuring) teaspoon of kratom which weighs in at 3 grams.
    [​IMG]

In this photo we have a different batch of kratom, measured with the same spoon in the exact same way. This one comes in at 4.5 grams
    [​IMG]

Thats a difference of 1.5 grams between batches.
    Not a lot you might say, but consider you might be taking several 'teaspoons' a day and you think your getting 2 or 3 grams each time. It all adds up.

Here is a photo of a (measuring) tablespoon of kratom which comes in at 7.7 grams. Now consider i have read people making claims that a tablespoon is 5 grams!
    [​IMG]

And here again is the very same spoon with a different batch of kratom weighing in at 12.4 grams!
    [​IMG]

These photos are shown not to give you an idea of how much you should expect to get when measuring with tea/tablespoons but just how much of a difference there can be between different batches.

When you buy kratom for the first time make sure that you buy a small digital scale if you don't already have one.
    They cost next to nothing and they are an essential piece of kit for anyone thinking of trying out kratom.
    They help you keep track of how much you have taken.
    They help you make sure you don't accidentally raise your tolerance by taking too much.
    They are also a great aid when it comes to tapering down should you need to take a break to lower/reset your tolerance.

So please ditch the spoons, or at least don't start by thinking they will measure out a certain amount. Only a digital scale will give you the correct weight.

Why can't you make tea with it?
    All you need to do is put the kratom in a pot with some water and a squeeze of lemon/lime juice and boil it for 15-20 minutes.
    You can use as much or as little water as you want.
    You can boil the water down to as small amount as you want to, just keep in mind it gets stronger tasting the more concentrated it is.

You don't mix 'tea' into it, if that is what you are asking. Kratom tea is just kratom and water.
    If you have a hob, pot, water, kratom then you have all you need, you don't have to add the lemon if you don't have any.

If you are going to drink kratom tea you will have to deal with the taste.
    Use a small amount of water, top it up if it starts to boil off, then you just strain out the powder, let it cool and knock it back in one.
    Have a glass of water/juice on standby to drink straight after the tea to get rid of the taste.
    Try not to breath between necking the tea and drinking the water/juice.

I implore you to weight your kratom properly though, spoons are no good. Ive no idea what made you think a teaspoon was so little?

Good luck :)

10. blacksparrow

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Lol, kratom with chocolate milk sounds absolutely horrid. I usually put it into some orange juice. It's not good but the strong taste of the orange juice kills it

11. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Yeah, sound like a PukeShake. :)

Whatever you do try to keep what you mix it into in small portions.
    Mixing a little kratom into a big glass of chocolate milk might make it seem like it will make it easier to drink but it might just leave you with a lot more to drink than you can because you can still feel the kratom going down your throat.

I like pesto mixed with kratom. I then spoon it into my mouth and drink some water to help it down.

12. blacksparrow

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Ianzombie, I am going to try the sauce thing. I don't have pesto sauce but I might try it with tomato sauce.
    I like mixing it with ample liquid so I can swish it around a little. However, I have come to that same thing where I find I then have half a litre of liquid to drink.

13. Semi Chemical

Semi Chemical Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from California, U.S.A.
    ^^ yes ianzombie BUY a scale everyone should have one.... plus they are like 20$ on amazon.. derrp

14. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I already have a scale.
    What is a derrp?

15. ChocolateMilk420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I hear that! It would have been so much easier with less to drink, it was so fucking gross xD I had to hold my nose and still nearly threw up!

ChocolateMilk420 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I can't find my reply to see what I said, but I have a scale. I think it might have been the particular kratom I had that was light, but I didn't really need to use it since I knew how much was in the bag itself. I used 1/4 of a 10g bag of kratom.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015