1st Time XTC Experience Was Crap, Should I Take More?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Vanchatron, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Vanchatron

Vanchatron Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    OK, well the other day my first time ecstasy experience was totally crap because I didn't feel any different whatsoever, even after eating 1 and snorting the other. Well this weekend I'm gonna be trying the same ones again but more this time to see if it makes a difference. I know that it wasn't the pills because my friends have taken these exact ones time and time again and felt the affects greatly. Even the other night when I took them, they were all high as f*ck and I felt nothing.

I think it was to do with my weight as I'm into bodybuilding (yes, bodybuilding + drugs don't go together I know) and I'm 230lbs (107kg).

Anyway, how many should I take this weekend to notice any different results? I was thinking doubling it and taking 4 over the course of the night instead of 2.

HK

1. 3/5,
      Please read the rules about self incrimination
      Jul 2, 2010
  2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    If You is taking an SSRI it could diminish or negate the effects of MDMA.

3. Vanchatron

Vanchatron Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What if I takes 4 instead of 2 this weekend, will it make a difference to the experience?

HK

4. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    You should seriously consider staying away, at least until you are off the anti-depressants. I have heard reports of people experiencing all the negative effects of MDMA without any positive effects while mixing with an SSRI (presume that is what you are taking). Anyway you are taking pills, who is to say they contain any MDMA or what dosage, You cannot measure dosage by a number of pills as they are all of differing quality. Taking 4 pills of unknown contents or quality while being treated with an anti-deppressant would be extremely foolish to say the least.

5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Having read (in you's other thread) that You is taking antidepressants SWIJ thinks this is likely to be the problem. If you are taking SSRI's (Prozac, Cipramil etc etc) or SNRI's (Effexor) then this means that you WILL NOT get the effects from MDMA that you expect. SSRI's mean that MDMA doesn't work. It's not a function of taking more MDMA. To experience MDMA You will need a washout period of months to get the AD's out of his system.

Obviously SWIJ is not recommending that You stops his anti-depressants.

6. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I second jatelka, SSRI's will leave you depressed after taking MDMA. I don't know exactly what takes place, but have experienced it first hand. The magic is gone when you are on SSRI's. You feel irritable on MDMA, and depressed because you didn't get that WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! you were looking for. It's weird, I don't know why, but it's the way it is. I wouldn't advise quiting an SSRI cold turkey either. It's hell, and thunderous lightning bolts will surely zap your brain making you feel like shit.. not to mention a serious withdrawl can lead to very depressive thoughts.

Ween off em if you want to feel the bang from the MDMA. Honestly though, I wouldn't. If your taking SSRI's it's because something is not right with your brain chemistry, and taking MDMA is not going to better things one bit. I take Cymbalta because I used too much molly over the course of 10 years. Although I miss the crazy orgy's, and the ability to fuck till my heart is about to explode, I know better now. Unfortunately, I will probably never take MDMA again.. this decade. ;)

7. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    welll I won't agree that you are taking ssri's for a good reason being they are way overpresribed. I will agree that this is what is keeping you from rolling. make a choice dude. they're either helping you or not. as stated above do not stop cold turkey. even weaning off slowly has it's side effects. but that's why people take theses things for years. too hard to stop. if you want to roll gotta get off of them period.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    A Direct Answer?

No, it won't make a difference. SSRI's block the ability to feel the desired effects of MDMA - regardless of dosage. Ignoring the advice and warnings above, if your monkey were to take 4, or 40, the monkey would only be inviting toxic physical side effects.

9. Vanchatron

Vanchatron Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm not saying I don't belieev you but is there any scientific proof for this or can you give me a reason why they wouldn't work?

I heard from a very good friend who has massive experience in taking XTC that pills work in relation to weight, so obviously if you're a much biggre guy you'll need to take more.

HK

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    SSRI-class anti-depressant medications work by blocking the ability of serotonin - a neuro-chemical transmitter - to bind to specific parts of your brain. MDMA works by releasing serotonin, which then floods these sites in your brain that the SSRI's have blocked. Read: MDMA cannot do it's job as the doorway it needs has been locked shut by the SSRI.

There are plenty of references to this in medical literature. It is a well-known and well-established fact.

11. kemistudent

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ok Ok Ok, hopefully this will save you some smiles in life. Osmium drilled this in my thick skull and now I feel I should pass on this common knowledge to you. Please bare with me as I am very fucked upright now.

When you take MDMA, the drug tells your serotonin receptor cells to release the goods. Each receptor site only has so much of this neurotransmiter to dish out. If you take 200mg of MDMA, you can safely assume you have dished out all there is to dish out. When you take more and more of the drug that night, you are telling the receptors to dish more serotonin out and THERE IS NO MORE!!!!! This causes damage to the receptor sites and causes damage!!!! What kind of damage?? Well those receptor sites, if you HAD NOT taken more MDMA, would have regenerated more serotonin. BUT BECAUSE YOU NEGLECTED TO DO SO.. you fried those sites, and that means, your going to have to take your SSRI's for a long time to feel good because your brain isn't producing enough of the feel good chemical you tried to rape.

This is the best I can do in laymens terms right now. Im starting to feel my addz kickin in. Hope this helped.

12. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    when one of my friends tried E for the first time he also didn't feel anything, the next 2 times yhe also didn't feel anything, but that was probably just his psyche blocking it in some way, cuz now when he does E he feels it perfectly. i personally don't recommend pills, unless you know exactly what's in em, i recommend you score sum PURE MDMA, that is the shit. i think it's much better than pills, much less pushy and over-stimulating, and if you've got pure mdma, you know it's pure mdma and that there aint no other crap in it like speed or something else.

13. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    How do you know what you get is in fact pure MDMA? It could just as easily be cut with speed, in fact probably more easily since it is powder form. I know for a fact that a lot of the "MDMA" on the market is either cut or is another MDxx compound.

14. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    having good resources or buying a test kit

15. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    A test kit can only narrow it down to MDxx AFAIK. Also I've seen alot of "pure" MDMA recently in my area cut with inactive which makes measuring doses quite hit or miss.

16. kemistudent

Reputation Points:
    from earth

This type of activity is uncalled for, but will never end. I was furious when he found out this was happening. All ties were cut and the greedy person was then forced to go through someone else. Unfortunately, this raised the price, and being molly, it can get cut at any point in the food chain. How close You is to the top of that chain will almost always determine the purity. And the greedy assholes of the world will always do what they have to do to fill their need for greed.

BTW, In the above case, the idiot was using Inositol as a cut. If you know TLC chromatography compare your sample with that.

17. trial-x

trial-x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SSRI's do not block the ability of serotonin to bind to parts of the brain. They work by blocking the "recycling" of unused serotonin, the serotonin remaining in the neural cleft between the pre-/post-synaptic cells. The Pre-synaptic cell releases the serotonin, which binds to the post-synaptic receptor. When it is full, the remaining serotonin is "reuptaken" by the pre-synaptic cell for recycling. The SSRI inhibits this reuptake, thereby allowing serotonin remain in the "cleft" and bind more quickly as the receptors are freed. It's a milder way of flooding the synapses without increasing serotonin production.

1. 4/5,
      good explanation!!
      Jun 13, 2006
  18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Last analysis: SSRI meds and MDMA will not work well together. Thank you for your clarification on the semantics. However what people must understand, and what we are asked here the most often is "Why is it that I'm on Paxil and XTC didn't do anything?"

This has been covered ad nauseum here. Do check out the SSRI forum. Perhaps you can ad some information there:

https://drugs-forum.com/forums/107