Drug info - 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine (DOI)

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by hanfbauer, Aug 7, 2006.

1. hanfbauer

hanfbauer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Hello :D

I have got a problem. He has 250mg of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine (DOI) and he's not sure how to dissolve it (in distilled water or in ethanol or some kind of other solvent?). He wants to drip it onto those little sheets of blotting paper (or other papers, those what are often used to consume LSD).

How much of what solvent is needed to dissolve the 250mg of DOI? Is Swim able to put a sheet of many blotting papers into the DOI-water/ethanol/other solvent-mixture or is it better to drop the DOI onto the papers with a pipette?

I want to have 2mg of DOI on each piece of paper. What is the best way to get this exactly amount of DOI on the papers??

Thanks,

hanfbauer

1. 3/5,
      Well worded smart question even if the idea isn't that bright ;)
      Aug 27, 2006
  2. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
  3. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a bad experience with DOI. I would suggest NOT to lay it on blotters because it will be very inaccurate just "laying" it. If You plans on dosing others, You should put 250mg into 250mL and just dose 1mg/1mL. That is the safest way. If he doesn't, he may himself or may induce others into having a horrible 16+ hell ride.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
    1. 4/5,
      good advice
      Aug 7, 2006
  4. eltimmy

eltimmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Tell people it's LSD and I run you over with an ice cream truck.

5. hanfbauer

hanfbauer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    ^^ i didnt say its LSD.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  6. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    If someone mistakes it for acid and takes 10x the recommended single dosage (this happens all the time with acid) the results would be HORRIBLE. Please don't lay DOI (or any other RC) on blotter.

The only exceptions to this might be: a) if you are a laying expert (obviously not) and can guarantee an even distribution, AND b) you clearly label each blotter square with the chemical name to let people know without a shadow of a doubt that it's NOT LSD. Liquid dose distribution (I'd recommend 0.5mg/ml or less for such a potent substance) is your best bet.

7. hanfbauer

hanfbauer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    ^^ you think 0,5 mg on a blotter is enough.Ok.Did you have any experiences with DOI.I dont want to give it to other people.

8. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you don't want to give it to other people then STOP asking how to lay in on blotter. Dose swim with 1mg/1mL. THAT'S IT! DO IT! Swim learned the hard way, probably like You will. This substance really needs to have EXTREME care. It's not a toy and something to mess around with. 1mg over can have a SIGNIFICANT change on the effect. You don't want swiy's heart to explode, do you?

9. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    has anyone considered that maybe he just wants to dose on paper because its easier to use and store? information on this is absolutely available just maybe not here. it seems like some folks have a negative attitude towards the subject. DOC blotter paper was coolwhen swim tried it. nothing wrong with it far as he can tell. i wouldnt know personally though...

edit: on further consideration if you dont know what you are doing already you shouldnt be laying sheets of anything.
    :joint:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  10. hanfbauer

hanfbauer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Is ist right that the dosage must be only 1mg? I've read that the DOI is effective from 2mg upwards. (i don't want to have a 60hrs trip, so what is right?)

If I only would take 1mg I'd have 250 trips - that's enough for the rest of my life.

If you take DOI regurlarly, do you have to take more of it some day?

I know it is NOT the same as LSD, but if you take LSD one day, you'll have to take more the other day, because it's not so effective.

Thanks for answers, hanfbauer

11. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Yes its the same like most other substances, your body builds tolerance.

12. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hanfbauer- You seem a bit new to all this, may I ask why you chose DOI? It happens to be one of the most potent and available research chemicals out there. Given it's potentcy it can be VERY dangerous. My suggestion is to read every trip report at Erowid first (PIHKAL clearly states it is active at 1.5mg and there are a few trip reports with people using just 1mg). In fact read everything you can find at Erowid and other places about DOI before having SWIM ingest this chem.

This is exactly what may happen should you screw up even a little with the dosage.

If I were you, I would put the DOI on a shelf until you've done a lot more reading.

Respectfully,
    -rodent

1. 4/5,
      Excellent advice & links. Thanks.
      Aug 9, 2006
    2. 5/5,
      Good advice
      Aug 8, 2006
  13. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    Hanf, you seem to be misreading: what Djvr and I were suggesting is NOT to dose 1 mg or to put 0.5mg on blotter. What we were suggesting is to dissolve a known amount of DOI in a known amount of liquid so that a certain amount of liquid will contain a certain amount of DOI. Djvr suggests that you dissolve 250 mg of DOI in 250 mg of liquid so that 1ml of liquid (easily measurable with an eyedropper) equals 1ml of DOI. (I would suggest, with chemicals this potent, that you dissolve 250 mg of DOI in 500 ml of liquid so that 1ml = 0.5 mg; even less margin for error.)

DOI should keep for years in solution, provided you keep it cool and out of the light.

And I absolutely agree with rodent: you should put the DOI away until you learn a LOT more about it. It's not a chem for everyone, and certainly not for newcomers to unresearched chemicals.

14. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    1. get a scale.
    2. do not lay blotter as obviously you have no experience in this.
    3. best piece of advice i can offer: put away the DOI for a few years, at the very least.

15. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    something that seems odd is how some people believe this drug to be somehow less of a trip than DOC. people say that DOI is not as active, unvisual, unpleasant physically, etc. I have experience with both of these substances. he believes that DOI is the better drug of the two and their potency seems to be on par with each other. there is no reason to assume that DOI is less active. in my experience most of those who have experimented with both found the DOI far more visual. at the least though they both seem to be pretty safe physically as far as overdoses go. dont take this to be a free pass to go on ahead and start doing 10-20mg trips off either one. if you value your sanity that is a bad idea. physically though in the case of an accute and possibly accidental dose there is not much danger. if the hospital becomes necessary demand benzodiazepines in short order and let them hit you until it calms down. its also a little weird how people seem to report quite a bit of the whole terrible hellish imagery of gore and death and tragedy and dismay. dead bodies coming out of walls and piles of incomprehensible melting flesh etc. must be a bad batch going about.;) swim never personally has witnessed or experienced such a negative reaction to either drug. maybe some people are just negative.

16. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I took his first dose of DOI. He was deffinatly NOT prepared for it. It hit him so hard he didn't know what to do with himself. The effects started 5 hours after, with nothing before that. All of a sudden BAM, tripping balls hard as ever. His heart REALLY felt like it was going to explode. For hours he contemplated on going to the hospital to cure his extremely fast heart. Is that a normal effect with DOI? 2 others dosed the same DOI and reported violent imagery and heart racing. 2 out of the 3 swims felt like they would die. Could it possibly be a bad batch? The heart racing has deffinatly scared any swim away from this.

17. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    as i said above it seems as though some people have issues with the violent and terrifying imagery, and also several physical problems to boot. by the way that batch of DOI that you are referring to is fine as far as I has told me. not one single case of negative reaction. so a bad batch is out of the question and my bad batch comment was actually made in jest. how much did your friends take?

18. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Honestly, I do not know the exact amount but is positive it was under 3mg for all doses. He know this was VERY irresponsible.

19. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hm... well suppose you learned your lesson then eh? how exactly were these hypothetical doses measured exactly?

:joint: :beer:

20. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim measured out 10mg and split into 4 tiny piles. Yes, swim DEFFINATLY learned a lesson and won't ever touch it again. It was quite a horrible experience. He knows at first, he should have taken my exact advice with 100mg/100ml. Maybe even yours 100mg/200ml. He was very stubborn and childish. This is dead serious, don't mess around if you don't know what you are doing.