2.5g or 2g of shrooms for a standing electronic music event?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by tazz20, Dec 21, 2019.

1. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    So I'm seeing Eric Prdyz at a big warehouse venue event. it's his HOLO show which is supposed to be amped up in visuals. the show goes from 10pm to 3am. I was thinking of taking 2 to 2.5 grams of shrooms for the show (half a tab of acid would be my other alternative). I was wondering which dose would be safer or more fun?

So far I've only taken 1 gram of shrooms for a Halloween bar crawl event, however despite the fact that it's a small dose, I also ate a big meal smoked weed and drank beers before taking the dose. In my experience it was very very tolerable and pleasant on one gram, although underwhelming and I wanted more. Certain images in low lighting blurred a bit and I felt a bit giggly and warm on the comeup but that was about it.
    I'm hoping you guys can help me make a smart decision here. I'm less worried about the mental aspect and more concerned about physically composing myself. I'm not sure if the music venues have any places to sit or not so I wouldn't want to land on my ass.
    I should add that I have anxiety but would only go for it being surrounded by good people in a positive mindset. I know its probably a hard question to answer, but should I go for 2 grams, 2.5 grams or stick with half a tab of lsd?(I've never tried lsd before). the show is scheduled from10pm to 3am but the main act is probably shorter than that. Ultimately I want a properly lengthed trip where I could experience visuals but not be totally out of control of myself. thank you for your input

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Chicxulub Impactor Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    You are posing a smart question here.
    - I would go for two grams if its the same shrooms than which you have taken before. It's a bit fiddlly to find the right dosage there, if after an hour you feel underwhelmed (without a big meal in beforehand!) then take the rest of 0.5 g.
    But that is me in respect to being in public.

For eventual stomach problems which can appear when the dose is 'right' I'd advise you to have some ginger tea (or other gingery stuff).
    Slight nausea helps getting more anxiety, so ginger is the perfect addition there.

A tablet of diazepam 10 mg in the pocket is also a good reassurance, if you have any. It's working magic even if you only carry it with you.
    No alcohol, it puts strain on your digestive system.
    Rather some weed for reinforcing the comeup, but only if it is a 'slow', couchlock strain. No over-THCed stuff. Again, this could cause anxiety and you don't wanna spoil the show becoming awkward or worse.

I wish you a nice experience - it would be nice of you if you come back and report.

BBW

Ah - I would leave the half tab of acid for something different, it won't be enough substance for open-eyed visuals.
    BTW: Is your acid tested? because many other substances tend to be passed off as te real deal. Some have merits of their own, but it's whole noter cup of tea. Please use our search machine on 'drug testing'.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    119 y/o from The Netherlands
    Tripping on magic mushrooms at big warehouse event with many thousands of people attending is quite something different than taking a barely active dose in a known environment. After the trip breaks through the audiovisual effects and the impressions of thousands of people will hit home. If you want to test your anxiety then this is a good approach. How will you find your friends when you go to the toilet or fetch a drink? How will you deal with thousands of people staring at you?

I'm not saying magic mushrooms as music events are a bad idea for everyone, but you need to be able to keep your act together, navigate, deal with situations and be able to go with the flow. Some experience with full blown trips is required.

The way to get a bad trip is to fight the trip. Something that usually happens out of anxiety.

I say; save the mushrooms for an experience in nature or at home, in the company of good friends. There are better suited drugs for this event.

4. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    should I try half a tab of lsd instead then Edit: missed the response about this

5. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    this is a different source, I'm told chocolate shrooms lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2019 ---
    wondering if I should trip at home a few days before the show to test it?

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    119 y/o from The Netherlands
    LSD is a step up from magic mushrooms. Consider a drug that doesn't make walls melt nor turn people around you into comics characters or aliens. A drug that doesn't do that would be more appropriate for the occasion. Consider a psychedelic stimulant like MDMA or something in that class.

Tripping a few days before doesn't work well. Because the active substances in magic mushrooms will affect your brain for weeks. Which means that taking magic mushrooms a few days after a first dose, will not have the desired effect.

7. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    what if I just took the shrooms at home and then a few days later half the acid, would the acid still have the effect? I realize half a tab wont give the full effect unless it's really potent.

8. Archangel Zadkiel

Archangel Zadkiel The Wizard of the Creek Silver Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o from Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey @tazz20. I suggest taking the drug you have done before, shrooms, but at a higher dose than you took on Halloween (2.5 grams or a little more seems sensible.) I wouldn't risk taking LSD for the first time ever in a public setting, stick with what you know rather than what you don't.

Take the half tab at home so you can know how LSD feels and you are not confused in the future. It would suck to have a bad reaction from LSD in a crowd of strangers. That would be a nightmare.

Always have a trip sitter when you first experiment with new psychedelics until you know how a drug effects you.

Remember this show is supposed to be fun and overthinking this might cause too much stress and anxiety to be worth it.

Be safe,
    Zadkiel

9. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    makes sense. do you think I will physically be able to compose myself?

10. Archangel Zadkiel

Archangel Zadkiel The Wizard of the Creek Silver Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o from Cincinnati, Ohio
    Just make sure you have friends there that know that you're tripping to keep an eye on you. They should help keep you from being lost, kidnapped, arrested, or worse.

Remember this is supposed to be fun.

Zadkiel

11. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    the day of the show is this December 27th, however I plan on taking mdma for new years eve. is this too close in duration to be doing these two things?