Side effects - 2-CI and weed = heart problems? Anxiety? or?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by big_mac, Nov 4, 2006.

1. big_mac

big_mac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I have done 2ci 3 times, the first 2 were good, and the 3rd time it seemed like a slightly smaller amount in the capsule cause the trip was comming on slower then it did the first 2 times, I was having the best time in the first 4 hours of the trip, then he went to a buddy's house and smoked 7 bowls to the head in a matter of 5-10 min( my friend domes it like that), after that his heart started to REALLY feel weird, there would be these pulses centering at the heart and travelling out in all directing, down the back and everything, this was a VERY uncomftoble sensation and I thought it wus the trip, but as the 2ci wore of the feeling pesisted, wen swim woke up the next day he still had chest pain, and when he blazed that day it came back just not as bad as the first time. it pretty much ruined the 2nd half of the 2ci trip cause the visuals got better but swim wus tripping out thinking sumthing has just seriosly gone wrong with his heart. more then 24 hours later when swim blazed again he can still feel the heart sensation, on the 2nd day it didnt pulse or travel it just felt like there is a hand gripping his heard when it beats. Has anyone heard of this kinda side-efect

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: 2-CI and weed = heart problems ???

might not be swiy's heart, but rather his throat and lungs feeling the repercussions of so much smoking in so little time. 2c-i has been known to elevate swim's pulse a bit, and combined with anxiety, this might have contributed to the sensation. I think it is a respiratory pain, rather than a cardiovascular one. of course, I am not a doctor. if symptoms persist or get worse, You should see a doctor. please let us know if any changes occur (for better, hopefully).

3. MidnightChemist

MidnightChemist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

Cannabis has a tendency to increase anxiety and cause weird heart, uncomfortable heart sensations in some people, especially when combined with other drugs. I have had problems like this in the past and had to quit smoking weed for about 3 years. The heart "pain" lasted for a while, but eventually slipped away. I went to see a doctor to see if his heart was fine, and even though there was nothing wrong with it, I suggest taking an appointment for a check up just to make sure.

Also, since 2C-I is a RC, the potencial effects of the combination on the heart aren't well-known, hence, I would suggest that You does not try the combination again, and takes a long break from 2C-I.

Heart pain, most of the time, isn't heart related. Usually, actual heart pain results in an angina, which is a pain that is usually felt both in the chest and in the left arm (though I have heard it can be felt in the right arm aswell).

Better safe than sorry.

1. 3/5,
      Great post, lays it out perfectly
      Aug 15, 2007
  4. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

heart chakra blockage? underlying / future pathology resonance? some of these catalysts bring somatic problems to the forefront, a general health checkup is never a bad thing, something to think about.

5. kb

kb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I use cannabis as a base for nearly all Research Chemical testing. I find that it creates a good buffer for the "come up" and sometimes can be a catalyzing force in the equation. I have never encountered any heart palpitations as a result of this combo, either during or after.

I have found that my lungs sometimes feel cottony/cloudy during the ride, but SWIM attributes that at least in part to the number of cigarettes and amount of herb SWIM smokes while experimenting.

6. slickstick

slickstick Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have had a similar experience, particularly during the "come up" of 2ci... SWIM usually needs to take deep breaths and try to relax during this period and once it subsides is fine. Only happens with certain psychadelics, those that have the quickest come up.

7. Sweeternity

Sweeternity Newbie

Reputation Points:

I smoked at the peak of a 2C-I experience, oh oh my lord, it was the most terrifying experience ever. SWIM's whole jaw area went numb, heart rate was incredible, not to mention a bad little experience where SWIM, was chewing a piece of gum forgot about it, and later thought that it was SWIM's tongue chewed off.

Was easily fixed with red wine and thick steak. Somehow that makes everything better.

8. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

swim cannot smoke pot on any psychodelic drug. I had a little anxiety dissorder to though. if I don't smoke pot while tripping, everything is fine.

I used to have the same problem you do and scared me every time.

9. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

I think that the heart related issues with (especially) Phen's and Pot may sometimes be all mental especially with 2c-e and 2c-i, two research chemicals that have a stronger onset then other drugs that I have heard of.

10. tr41n

tr41n Newbie

Reputation Points:

My rat never had any similar problems. But I think it could be (as some ppl already suggested) a 2C-x effect combined with smoking. My rat sometimes had the feeling that breathing was quite heavy and when the rat was given a cigarette it sometimes really felt like suffocating.