Experiences - 2-Methyl-2-Butanol - (2M2B)

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by psychedelaholic, Oct 23, 2010.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Post 2-Methyl-2-Butanol reports

SWIM's report (second experiment):
    Height/Weight 5'10" / 73kg

Dose:7.5ml orally

Drugs taken in past 24hours:
    A spliff and 2 pints of cider last night, 4mg snorted buprenorphine day before 2mg snorted 4 hours before experiment, 0.35mg pramipexole night before (taken daily for RLS), 2 cups of coffee
    Setting:Taken at home alone

Onset: 5 minutes
    Peak: T+1hr to T+3hr
    Duration:6 hours
    Main effects: Very ethanol like but more chilled. Less motor function impairment but similiar mental function change. Focus effected but no double vision. Warm alcohol glow, feeling of well being and increased talkativenss
    Side effects: Increased need to urinate but not as bad as ethanol, nasty taste in mouth after burping, slight dehydration/dry mouth
    After effects: No hangover
    Rating: Much better than ethanol although nowhere near as enjoyable to drink. Would definitely repeat and will be with 8.5ml (would be more but is all that is left for now)

Other things to note: Very experienced with ethanol, drinking for 9 years. Had eaten a little before experiment

Detailed report:

T+0 - 7.5ml downed followed by a pint of juice. Inhaled some as swallowing which was nasty
    T+5mins - Quick onset, ethanol like warm glow
    T+15mins - Feels like 5 shots of vodka. Slightly wobbley, focusing becoming harder
    T+30mins - Smoke a ciggerette, really enjoyable like smoking is when drunk
    T+1hour - Peaking feels like 8-10 shots
    T+90mins - Occasionally get the yuyunyunyun nitrous oxide type sound. Slight nausea probably from the bupernorphine from earlier though. Slight dry mouth
    T+2hours - Another ciggerrette, slight headache which quickly passes, still a little nausea but nothing too bad
    T+2hr30mins - Still feeling great, nitrous oxide sound still coming in waves along with a similar body high to NOS. Closing eyes increases these effects a lot, get tingly face and neck as well
    T+2hr45mins - Took 2 huffs from bottle but no noticeable increase in effects. Looks like it would need to be properly huffed through a rag ether style for decent effects.
    T+3hrs - End of peak
    T+6hrs - Back to bass line

Pulse:
    T+0 - 64bpm
    T+5mins - 60bpm
    T+15mins - 68bpm
    T+30mins - 68bpm
    T+1hr - 68bpm
    T+2hr - 68bpm
    2M2B seems to have no effect on heart rate

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Re: 2-Methyl-2-Butanol

I took the rest of his 2M2B yesterday. He had a little more left than he thought 9.5ml (7.74g) He got much stronger effects and would say 9-10ml seems to be the best dose for him. It felt like around 150ml of ethanol. He had a line of K 3 hours after taking it and smoked a spliff. It mixed much better with them than ethanol does. Whilst it did make the K and weed hit him much much harder it didn't make him puke or spin out like it would of done if he was drunk.

SWIM also found that 2M2B is a lot more sedating than alcohol. He passed out 90mins after taking it and slept for an half and a half. He woke up still feeling fucked. The amount of ethanol that would of taken him to get that drunk wouldn't have made him so sleepy. He also got a head ache again this time wasn't that bad though.

3. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States

Interesting stuff. It's a surprising observation that on this occasion at least the 2-methyl-2-butanol could be mixed with other drugs with fewer side effects than ethanol.

When You compares to ethanol are they comparing to alcoholic beverages (lagers, spirits etc.) or to very high purity lab ethanol? I wonder whether 2-methyl-2-butanol is preferable to pure ethanol in this respect or whether the side effects when mixing are due to other impurities in alcoholic drinks.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  4. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england

SWIM preferred 2M2B as he felt like it clouded his mind a lot less and didn't have the negatives like nausea that high doses of ethanol does. It kicked in straight away, is much cheaper than buying the same amount of alcoholic drinks and had no hangover. I am not sure why ethanol doesn't mix so well. He knows that if he is drunk then smokes a spliff or does some K he will likely puke, pass out of get way too fucked. It would be the same whether it was with pure ethanol or alcoholic drinks.

SWIM wonders whether it is simply because more ethanol needs to be consumed than with 2M2B. So that when other drugs are taken their effects are strengthened much more when there is 150ml of ethanol in your blood stream compared to 10ml of 2M2B.

5. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

swim tried this last night
    Height/Weight 5'10" / 105kg

Dose:10ml orally

Drugs taken in past 24hours:
    some ephedrine
    Setting:Taken at home alone

Onset: 15 minutes
    Peak: T+1hr to T+3hr
    Duration: 5 hours
    Main effects: Across between ethanol and GBL
    Side effects: Nasty taste afterwards, aching legs as with gbl
    After effects: No hangover
    Rating: Not sure.. was ok but think swim prefers a stiff drink!

T+0 Tipped 5ml in a glass of water... it floats to the top, drank eucalyptus type taste like drinking olbas oil
    T+15mins can feel a bit of a boozey feeling
    T+30 mins feels good, but not as strong as i would like
    T+1hour deside to drink the other 5ml neat, as does not mix wtih water properly
    T+2hours do feel the effects strong, but just want to sleep a bit like gbl but without as much euphoria.
    T+2.15 fall asleep
    T+3 wake up with aching legs which swim gets on gbl
    T+4 starting to wear off.
    T+5 all swim can taste is the 2M2B, not great

Swim woke in the morning fine, he thought this was ok, but it took him knowhere new. He would try it again, but he is not that botherd.

6. sid91

sid91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.

I don't suppose someone could help my friend out? He ordered 10 ml of 2M2B and recieved 2 vials: 1 vial with 10 ml of 2M2B in it and another smaller vial with "Ecx" written on it. He has no idea what the smaller vial is for. It appears to contain something crystal like packed into the vial. He can't get it out because its so solid. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  7. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:
    from United States

'ECX' is most probably a different substance entirely, quite possibly 1-Ethynyl-1-Cyclohexanol. Presumably it was a freebie or a shipping error. Questions about it are probably best placed in the thread I just linked to.

8. sid91

sid91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.

Ahh thanks a lot. It seems to fit the description and after looking at the source I got it from, it seems that they also sell "Ecx". So yea either a freebie or a shipping error. Either way seeing as there isn't much info on it I'll have to give it a bash sometime and write up a report.

9. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

What exactly does 2M-2B taste like?

10. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england

It apparently tastes like camphor. Does have a slightly minty smell and taste but it's completely overpowered by the solventy camphor taste. Not very nice at all.

11. Synesthesiac

Synesthesiac R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I'm curious as to how one would acquire "very high purity lab ethanol"? Is this not a typical purity of ethanol one would be able obtain from any sort of off-license? Or only from chemical manufacturers?

I expecting to try 2M-2B soon, so if I can acquire both I could compare the two.

12. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:
    from United States

Generally you'd only come across high purity ethanol working in a laboratory since non-denatured lab ethanol is quite rare and very expensive. Most laboratory ethanol is denatured with bittering agents and various nasties that make it poisonous and therefore undrinkable.

I asked the question because I think it's important to distinguish between pure ethanol and alcoholic beverages that contain many substances other than ethanol. The ideal comparison of effects would be pure ethanol vs. pure 2-methyl-2-butanol of course. I wasn't entirely clear whether the quoted "150ml of ethanol" was pure ethanol, 90% alcohol, an extrapolated volume of alcohol present in vodka etc.

13. Gonthar

Gonthar Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Does 2M2B can be smelled in your breath?
    If I stay in a room for example and my mother comes she knows if I've been drinking alcohol because of the smell...
    Is it the same thing with 2M2B?

14. sci

sci Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

umm just noticed this post and been reading around on 2M2B seemd very interesting indeed. my pet hamster may have to experiment with this substance does anyones pet get the after munchies like one would after 10 pints of cidre... ummm keebab and ecoli

15. sci

sci Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

well my pet hamster received a package yesterday of 2x 10ml vials of this substance, on smelling it he didn't like the idea of ingesting it.

he used an entire 10ml during the course of an evening and was repulsed by the oily nature and smell, tasted like antifreeze or something else not pleasant, very chemical indeed,. after 3-4ml there was a some euphoria and mr hamster fell asleep for an hour waking up drooling on the bed not nice..

mr hamster then took the rest neat this time, eekkkk , only positive note was that there was no notable hangover, cant see this being very good on his liver at all. have another 10ml which will be ingested in one shot one day but not that bothered really, don't think its worth the money and would rather drink 2-3 pints of ice cold fruit cider or a pint of urine.

16. sci

sci Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    what happened to this substance as it was coming onto the Research Chemical scene it went...or is it just me not noticing, mind you it did taste horrid

17. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Probably due to flammability, horrid taste coupled with fact its immiscible with water and it's strong smell. There was another one coming onto the Research Chemical scene think it as called ECX or something like that (1-Ethynyl-1-Cyclohexanol) that was meant to be similar in effect but never really succeeded. I never tried it but did have some fun with 2m2b although I got mine from a lab.