Opinions - 2008 USA election..who should drug users support?

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by thenumber7, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenumber7

thenumber7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    which candidate should a drug user support?...who will be the most beneficial to a drug user and has relatively decent views on drugs in general?

i anticipate your responses because whoever does has my vote. Legalizing drugs is the most important issue in this country besides the war in the middle east!

2. thenumber7

thenumber7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    Re: 2008 USA election..who drug users hsould support?

cmon there has to be one potential candidate out there with good views!

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

I hope no one seriously considers using the position on drugs a politician says in public as the basis for voting. The Republikan fascists would love that! It would split the vote and we'd get 4-More-Years of Mussolini & Co.

4. kalishakti

kalishakti Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ron Paul is the best guy around out there I've seen talking about running for President (the rest are pretty much psychopaths), pretty much across the board. Read his positions in his own words and see for yourself, he is one of the very few long term proven advocates of liberty within the exisiting government.

http://www.house.gov/paul/
    http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html

The War on Drugs Is a War on Doctors
    Ron Paul on the federal assault on people in pain and their physicians.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul179.html

The Feds Are a Bunch of Sick Puppies
    Ron Paul on the war on pain relief.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html

Ron Paul on Liberty
    And a wise consistency for freedom.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul155.html

Free Trade in Pharmaceuticals
    Ron Paul stands tall against protectionism.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul115.html

The Federal Drug Bully
    Ron Paul on unconstitutional DC meddling in state and local elections.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul96.html

The full archive of Ron Paul's writings can be found at to gain further insight
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html

Dogpile Web Search Results for "ron paul war on drugs"
    http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/s...-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/417/top/-/-/-/1

Peace and Divinity
    Love is the Law

Baudeaux Machs

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
    1. 4/5,
      good post
      Apr 16, 2007
  5. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:

This guy is awesome!! Is there anyone like this in Canada? There may be Canadian elections soon, and I'm sick of the Conservative fuckers... Maybe NDP?

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Unfortunately, here in the Untied Snakes at least, voting for the best person is the equivalent of voting for the worst person. Idealism has no place near the voting-booth in a Bush Amerika.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Dont vote republican.
    People will argue, "hey it's about the issues not voting down the party line." Those people are dumb. It would be great if that's how things worked, but it's not. Despite what the candidates personal policies are, they will always uphold the policies of the party they belong to, reprisent, and are funded by. The republican party is the worse party when it comes to keeping drugs illegal, penalty's up, and keeping the drugs they sell the only legal ones available.

Democrats aren't MUCH better at all, but they are the lesser of the two evils. Yes there are better candidates out there, but none of them have a chance at all so don't bother wasting your vote on them. A vote used on an independant candidate is one less vote that could be used defeating the republican party.

Democrats are more likely to uphold the 10th amendment, therefore allowing states to choose their own medical marijuana laws. Democrats are more likely to reduce prison penalties for non-violent drug arrests, and democrats are more likely to promote a society that is liberal enough to pass local medical marijuana laws.

The only choices are republicans and democrats, unless you want to throw your vote away. When it comes to drug users, the demacrats are the lesser of the two evils.

8. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

ron paul believes the civil war shouldnt have been fought... he also believes in flat personal tax and dissolution of corperate tax...which is unconstitutional. although income tax is itself, unconstitutional... "congress shall legislate no unapportioned tax against its citizens" and all that. "corperate personhood" further raping the working class.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Get out of my head, Pink! LOL.

10. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Seriously folks, voting for anybody other then whoever the democrats decide is their front runner is the SAME THING as voting for the republicans.

For anybody out there who doesn't already know: <b>the reason Bush one his second term (just barely) is because of the idiots who thought they would vote for a alternative party, therefore taking the much needed last few votes away from Kerry - who was the only person who had a chance of defeating Bush. Those people might as well have not voted at all or voted for Bush.

If your goal is to not have another Bush chronie republican, which it should be if you support drugs at all, then your only option is to vote democrat.

Put it this way, a vote for anybody other then the democrat that could actually win it away from the republicans is basically taking a vote away from the democrats and letting the republicans win again.

11. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It pains swim greatly to agree with pink however any vote for someone who is not a member of the big 2 parties is a vote in the trash.... although its ur right to do so, I think it is wiser to choice the lesser of two evils than look for a jem floating amongst the scum (swim's acid fueled take on politics)

12. kalishakti

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

And a vote for tweedle-dee or tweedle-dumb has ever produced what sort of outcome?

ANSWER: The dreadful situation we now have. The dreadful situation we have had. The dreadful situation we will continue to have.

Rudy v. Hillary

If these be the pathetic shameful choices, why even bother to vote? Psycho A or Psycho B... does it matter what sychophantic narcissist gets elected? If philosophy and ideology.. reality itself even, means nothing in an election, why the pretense? Why waste everyone's time on the circus? With an electorate like this, why should anyone with integrity waste their time running for office at all... to risk one's privacy, standing, resources and liberty to take on such a task? And then you all complain about getting Korporape Stooge A or KorpoRape Stooge B... and the police state... the looting... the tyranny more overt and in your face with every passing day.. even speaking your mind now is risky in AmeriKKKa...

I find it oddly interesting that people will find one or two strances they don't agree with an otherwise amazing candidate, and instead side with the status quo liars knowing what is in store for them.

Frankly, if a candidate with integrity stands no chance at all, then the electoral process is pointless, and we've no further resort than arms. Stop begging and groveling for liberty and start demanding it! :mad:

Peace and Liberty
    Love is the Law

Baudeaux Machs

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Oh Baud - go vote for whatever...but you are tossing a vote in the trash if you vote for one of the myriad non-mainstream candidates. And yes it sucks! If you want to change the system, start at home in Vermont. We just sent Bernie to Washington as a Senator. That's a start! But with $100 million Republikan candidates running for president, surely you can do the math and see that has to be defeated a priori. Or do you really think this nation would vote for Timothy Leary fresh after putting Adolf Hitler in office - TWICE?!

14. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Bush and kerry are blood cousins. not to mention theyre members of the same fraternity which consists of no more than 13 persons per year. kerry threw the election. everyone was waiting for him to really take bush to task, which of course he did not. theyre both neocons and though I only know for a fact that bush is a satanist, I highly suspect kerry is too, being a part of the occult "skull & bones" brotherhood.

I also forgot to mention that ron paul believes 911 would have never happened had the government "the foresight" to allow citizens to carry firearms on airflights. Im guessing "explosive decompression" isnt a phrase hes familiar with.

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

After I move to Greenland, I hope the idiots in this country elect Lyndon LaRouche. With Rev. Moon as the veep.

16. kalishakti

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

My vote goes in the trash no matter what it seems, but I do not delude myself otherwise; I will vote my conscience or I won't vote at all, because the only other option is de facto legitimization of the people I most despise. I am considering something serious in Vermont, as my feelers tell me it is ripe here moreso than about anywhere at this time (I was after all, drawn here for a purpose). It's time to cut the head off the Federal Beast, it is time to defend those close at home from the excesses. If you look at the VT Constitution very carefully, you may see some possibilities, I know it has given me some novel ideas. The problem lies in an unresponsive cadre in the District of Kriminals. You won't ever beat a korporate whore, playing the korporate whore game. You can't beat the house, you know. But you can call a spade a spade. Reality is getting harder to deny, it is increasingly breaking through all the media BS, and very soon it will literally be falling on everyone's heads. I needn't spell out what is on the way, your can read it between the lines all day long on TV, the flood of frantic posts and bulletins, you can smell it palpably in the air and it's not good, and everyone knows it viscerally.

Extraordinary times require extraordinary stratagems. If you play in their court you lose everytime, guaranteed. I can only hope you will vote your conscience if you are ever presented a candidate who would truly represent the embodiment of those ideals which you claim to cherish. Liberty has argued for too long by rational rhetoric, and lost the spine of passion.

Fighting for liberty means more than voting for the lesser of two evils. You (as every entity) have more power than you give yourself credit for to change the mass state of mind, to define what is acceptible or not acceptible. Freedom, or Eternal Slavery my friends, what do you choose?

Peace and Divinity
    Love is the Law

Baudeaux Machs

1. 3/5,
      perfectly argued
      Apr 24, 2007
    2. 3/5,
      Damn right Brother
      Apr 22, 2007
  17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

I am all for secession from the USA, Baud. Which is still being argued in Montpelier (state cap. of Vermont) as you likely know. Other than that, we will end up with one of the ghouls. While arguing with patriotic ferver for a change by voting one's true beliefs is great rhetoric, it is impartical in the current epoch. Four more years of the neo-con fascists, with an exponential-curve of global-warming, is fatal for many species down the food-chain. That means US. Slowly. While they build their gated communities on stilts.

I understand your idealism. But I also understand realism. Such is why I hold my nose when I vote - usually.

18. kalishakti

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The key seems to me that we are poised upon an epochal fulcrum of change without precedent in human history to this date... when the dynastic system has finally begun to expose itself for the filthy thing it truly always has been. The time for all good persons to ask themselves what is right, what is true? I You Us We, wives, lovers, children, families .. everything I cherish in this world as I think most of you do too hangs in the balance of monumental genocide which the status quo guarantees delivery.

And for once in history there is an opportunity to see the picture and the pieces (this mess) and decide will we drop them on the floor gently or smash them against the wall violently. To not be passive, to not limit one's options to following rigged rules.. to dare to defy, to dare to love, to dare to live. To not say in retrospect we ignorantly didn't know.. because we did and yet we did nothing...

Poly-ticks is just the circus now, it's just a sideshow distraction to keep us busy as they finish looting the place and are heading quickly for the door. Heading for their bunkers full of the treasure they will command our children to protect.

The only way for politics to become relevant again is to openly admit what farcical irrelevance it has become reduced to. I know I'm not "arguing" with you on any of this, really...

Peace and Divinity
    Love is the Law

Baudeaux Machs

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
    1. 4/5,
      Good post!
      Apr 14, 2007
  19. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have to agree with him, the kind of reasoning "if you dont vote mainstream, it's waste" is totally anti-democracy. What the hell has democracy became??!!? Better be in a monarch......... I will also vote independently in Canada even if it's a waste

20. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

What democracy do you speak of? The U.S. has never and will never be a democacy. Wasn't even inteded to be a democracy. They have all lied to you.

And though the idealism is nice; and swip is one of the most "idealist" people out there. (been ARRESTED 27 times for civil disobediance at protests.)

But again, they all lied to you. Filling your head when you are young that idealism matters and couple make a differance. In this corporate owned and ran country, idealism is simply a tool. A tool givin to you by the mainstream government. "Let them think they can make a differance" and then their vote will not only count, but will be COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to what they are trying to accomplish.

Do me a favor, if you aren't going to vote for the democrat, simply don't vote. And don't spread your words of voting for somebody else. Do you understand that a vote not for the democrats, no matter who it's for, and no matter what your ideas are, is simply a vote for the republikkkans? The democrats are the ONLY people who have a chance of defeating the republikkans. And though they are also coporately ran, and are almost as bad... they ARE better then the republikkans. They ARE the LESSER of the two evils. And the two evils are you only choices.

baud- take your message and do something with it. Ideals means nothing if you are not on the street making change happen. (and NO, voting doesn't count.) Cut off some heads, spout your message to the camaras where somebody may here them. Or take a more realistic approach and go help the victims of the system. Start or volunteer in a soup kitchen. Go sit in a tree and save an area of eco-system that could never be replaced, go provide some radical political conversation to the mostly undereducated ignorance-fed people that the system has setup to keep in jail rather than help. These are things You could actually do to further their idealism. By trying to show your idealism in the voting booth you are simply being counter-productive to the cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.