1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

25C-NBOMe

Discussion in 'Drug Articles' started by psychedelaholic, May 21, 2011.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from england
    25C-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-C) is a novel psychedelic research chemical and derivative of the phenethylamine 2C-C. It is significantly more potent that 2C-C with an active dose in the mid-microgram range and can cause very intense experiences, some users describe it as very similar to LSD. It is typically dissolved in water and insufflated. It has been reported to have less 'after effects' and generally less unwanted side effects than traditional compounds from the 2C-X series.

[h="1"]Introduction to 25C-NBOMe[/h]
    [imgr=white]https://drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22309&stc=1&d=1315970248[/imgr]

[h="1"]Introduction[/h]
    A new range of psychedelics have started to enter the research chemical scene. Researchers headed by David E. Nichols at Purdue are making new versions of old psychedelics (mainly those first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin) as well as other novel psychedelic compounds.

25C-NBOMe is derived from the psychedelic phenethylamine 2C-C (4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxylphenethylamine) by substitution on the amine with a 2-methoxybenzyl (BOMe) group.

This addition to the molecule makes it much, much more potent and more psychedelic than 2C-C, with a strong dose being 1mg+ compared to 40mg+ for 2C-C

The drug is a very potent partial agonist of the 5HT-2A receptor (which belongs to the serotonin group of receptors) giving it its psychedelic effects. It is around 5 x the potency of LSD when insufflated, but reportedly displays relatively weak activity when dosed orally.

[h="2"]Ways of Administration[/h]
    Insufflated

(dissolved in water):
    Light - 50-200 µg (0.05 - 0.2 mg)
    Mild - 200-350 µg (0.2 - 0.35 mg)
    Strong - 350-700 µg (0.35 - 0.7 mg)
    Very strong - 700 µg -1200 µg (0.7 - 1.2mg)
    Insanity - 1200 µg+ (1.2 mg+)
    Fatal dose - Unknown but several have died from 25C-NBOMe

Never snort 25C-NBOMe pure, as the dose is too small. Always use a proper milligram scale.

Orally

Plugged

Sublingual

Threshold - 100-250ug
    Mild- 250-450ug
    Strong - 450-800
    Very strong - 800ug+
    Fatal dose - Unknown but several have died from 25C-NBOMe

Always use a proper milligram scale.

Duration:8-10hours
    Come Up 1hour+
    Plateau 3-4hours

(More information needed to verify dosage)

[h="2"]Effects of 25C-NBOMe[/h]

From liquid insuflation (strong dose):

Extreme patterning
    Masses of vibrant colouring
    Strong sound distortion - sounds leaking in and out of rooms and into the user
    Very strong electric spasmodic body high

Complete ego loss
    Loss of self
    Loss of location, being, time, space etc

Inability to function at all normally
    Slight nausea but passes quickly

[h="2"]Combinations with 25C-NBOMe[/h]

From liquid insuflation (weaker dose 350ug):

[h="2"]Different Uses for 25C-NBOMe[/h]

[h="1"]Pharmacology of 25C-NBOMe[/h]

[IMGL=white]https://drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36898&stc=1&d=1390701395[/IMGL]

[h="1"]Chemistry of 25C-NBOMe[/h]
    IUPAC: 2-(4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine
    Formula: C18H22ClNO3
    R.m.m 355.824 g/mol

The 2-methoxybenzyl group attached at a nitrogen usually serves as a protecting group so that the functionality of the amine group is retains during a reaction. However here, for the 2C-C version and other 2C-Xs is massively increases potency. However this is not the case for all drugs of this nature.

The following image displays the structural relationship between 2C-C, 2-methoxytoluene, and 25C-NBOMe.

[​IMG]

[h="1"]The Dangers of 25C-NBOMe[/h]
    It is incredibly potent when taken intranasally or injected. The effects come on very fast and could easily overpower even well experienced users. The potency also makes it hard to dose correctly without powerful scales which a lot of recreational users do not have or have access too.

These are the dangers common to all psychedelic drugs:

Accidental injury.
    When on a psychedelic drug, it is easier to accidentally injure yourself. Also because of the disorientating and potentially delusion inspiring nature of the experience, you could be lead to inflict harm on others or yourself. People have fallen off rooftops, run into traffic, attempted to throw people off rooftops as 'sacrifices', drowned, and so on. The best way of protecting against this is to have a friend with you who is sober to look after you and handle any negative situation that might arise.

Bad trips. A bad trip is a negative psychedelic experience. It can range from a mildly negative feeling of anxiety/discomfort, to full-blown psychosis. Bad trips usually ruin a psychedelic experience for the tripper and everyone else. Most bad trips are manageable, just very uncomfortable and difficult. Some are extreme and unmanageable though. It's not uncommon for a bad trip to result in lingering psychological issues. Usually just a few days of negative emotions and anxiety. Sometimes, however, a week or so of serious anxiety, destabilized mental state and impaired functioning is possible. On very rare occasions, a month or two of severely diminished functioning, traumatized mental state, depression & crippling anxiety can occur. More information on bad trips can be found here. The best way of avoiding a bad trip is having the correct set and setting.

Permanent psychosis. Psychedelics are believed by researchers not to cause permanent psychosis, however they could trigger a latent mental illness in someone who was already predisposed to it, or make existing mental illnesses worse. If there is a history of mental illness in your family, you are more likely to be predisposed. Everyone is at some risk, however.

PTSD, anxiety disorder, depression & depersonalization. There are anecdotal reports of the trauma inflicted by some bad trips leading to depression and anxiety which while usually temporary, could potentially develop into lasting disorders. While no different to the potential of any traumatic event to cause lasting disorders, nonetheless this is a danger of psychedelic drug use.
    [H="2"]25C-NBOMe deaths[/H]
    25C-NBOMe has lead to several fatalities.

[h="1"]Producing 25C-NBOMe[/h]

[h="1"]Forms of 25C-NBOMe[/h]
    Powder (both in a pure form, and in single doses mixed with carrier powder)
    tabs - Usually 300-350ug
    liquid in LSD style dropped bottles

[h="1"]Legal Status of 25C-NBOMe[/h]

[h="2"]United Nations[/h]
    Uncontrolled

[h="2"]USA[/h]
    Uncontrolled at Federal and State level, though arguably may contravene the Federal Analog Act under certain circumstances given its structural and functional similarity to controlled substance 2C-B.

[h="2"]EU[/h]
    Legal

[h="2"]United Kingdom[/h]
    25C-NBOMe is uncontrolled in the United Kingdom, as N-benzyl derivatives of phenethylamine are not covered by the phenethylamine derivatives clause of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

[h="2"]Other Countries[/h]

[h="1"]History of 25C-NBOMe[/h]

It was invented by David E. Nichols (born on 23/12/44) with his team at Purdue University

[h="1"]Street Names/Synonyms for 25C-NBOMe[/h]

Boom
    C-Boom
    NBOME-2CC
    Cimbi-82

[h="1"]More 25C-NBOMe Sections[/h]
    25C-Nbome Experience Reports
    25C-NBOMe Drug Info

[h="1"]The Latest 25C-NBOMe Threads[/h]
    [showthreads=10]89[/showthreads]
    [h="1"]References[/h]
    [REFLIST][/REFLIST]

[CAT]2C-x Chemical Family[/CAT]
    [CAT]Hallucinogens[/CAT]
    [CAT]Research Chemicals[/CAT]
    [CAT]Phenethylamines[/CAT]
    [CAT]Psychedelics[/CAT]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  2. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    Male from england
    Have just started work on this needs a lot lot more doing to it so would be good if people could chip in although I know it has been used very very few.

3. Crazy Insane Sanity

Crazy Insane Sanity Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I went ahead and corrected several grammar and spelling mistakes in the introduction. I'm still not sure what exactly is meant by this though.

Does this mean that 1cc would be a dose with volumetric measurement? I would have to disagree with that, as it would depend on how much is dissolved in a given amount of solution. I think this should either be corrected, or elaborated on.

4. bubbly nubs

bubbly nubs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    I can only assumed that what he meant to say was:

I have updated that section.

5. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from United States
    I've also had a quick sweep of the article and corrected a couple of typos. The most common one to watch for is that the compound is 25C-NBOMe rather than 25C-NBOME ('Me' being chemical shorthand for methyl).

Is there sufficient evidence to state that it's "more psychedelic" than 2C-C at this point? It's certainly more potent by mass but is it truly more intense in terms of subjective effects if both drugs were taken at their respective 'typical' doses? I'm not sure there are enough reports of its use at this point to say for sure.

I'm also not sure it's accurate that the Nichols lab first synthesized this compound. I believe it was first described in publications and the doctorate thesis of Ralf Heim, who at the time was researching at the Free University of Berlin. I may be wrong on this point but I think that needs a little further research. The Nichols lab may have subsequently adopted 25C-NBOMe for their research program. I do recall Nichols has reported on one or more of the N-benzyl derivatives of the 2C-x family.

Good start though. The NBOMe's certainly seem like compounds that may well be of interest as psychedelic enthuiasts become more aware of their existence.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Did I get this right?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:
    Male from United States
    Structures are all OK. I guess the aim of the image is to illustrate the structural relationship between 2C-C and 25C-NBOMe?

A couple of minor notes. I personally wouldn't call the middle structure methoxy-benzyl since benzyl implies either a radical or part of a larger structure. The middle structure is technically called either 2-methoxytoluene or 2-methoxy-1-methylbenzene. Presumably the chemistry involved is a little bit more complex than mixing the two to produce 25C-NBOMe but I can't say I've read the synthesis details in the Heim papers.

The other really niggly point is that the methoxy groups on the benzene ring should be consistently orientated either clockwise or counter-clockwise as in the 2C-C image but not in the 25C-NBOMe one.

8. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Thanks for the info Phen; I thought I had read somewhere that 25C-NBOMe was synthesized by somehow combining 2C-C with 2-methoxytoluene but if it isn't so I'll leave this image out. It's not necessary really, I considered it as an alternative to the current image of 2C-C, which is just confusing IMO (both the image and the current wording under 'Chemistry').

9. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:
    Male from United States
    I do like the image for demonstrating how NBOMe is derivatized from 2C-C so I think there should be a place for it somewhere in the article. However looking through the Heim dissertation I believe that the compound is synthesized by mixing 2C-C with 2-methoxybenzaldehyde in methanol, followed by reduction with sodium borohydride. I'm not sure Heim actually synthesized NBOMe-2C-C but he details the synthesis for NBOMe-2C-B from 2C-B, and the two procedures should be pretty much identical.

The Heim thesis is in the documents archive here but be warned that it's pretty much all in german.

10. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I've corrected the naming and removed the + and =

I think you're right, it's best to just put up the image and describe the similarity. I put it up in place of 2C-C. I'd like to know what:
    refers to before I remove it, because I do not understand. I get that the added group makes it more potent and more selective, but this should be explained.

My German doesn't go beyond shnitzle and shadenfraude (sp?) so I'm not about to tackle that paper.

11. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Is there evidence for Nicols first synthesizing this, along with 25B-NBOMe, or was Ralf Heim the first to do so?

On a similar note, are the doses similar enough to apply the information in this wiki to other 25X-NBOMe wiki's? I just created 25B-NBOMe, I'd like the others to get started as well.

12. Crazy Insane Sanity

Crazy Insane Sanity Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    A couple of things I'm not sure about...

Sublingual absorption is in the effects section. I was going to move it, but noticed that the dosages are considerably lower than for insufflation. I would imagine that it would be the other way around. Perhaps, if there is too little info to judge dosage precisely, we should make note of that? Also, I'm assuming the duration, come-up, and plateau are for the sublingual only? Kind of a no-brainer, but I wanted to make sure.

Then at the end of the effects section, there is a quote from Psychedelaholic's experience. While I can agree that we should make people aware of the potential for a psychedelic crisis, are there any more reports to add that give an idea of the effects, other than panic and confusion? Also, at what dose was that experience? Is there a link to the full report? The lunatic has never taken this substance, so he has no clue what the effects are like, but he thinks this might give people the wrong impression.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  13. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    Male from england
    Cheers for correcting the errors have never been good at proof reading my own stuff.

I have had 2C-C once but only at 15-20mg snorted with 10mg 2CD snorted so whilst it was a fairly good dose it was not up there with the massive 25C dose I took. It was not that psychedelic at all at that dose. Everything was sparkley and nice but no crazy visuals. I have had 25C-NBOMe at 300-350ug snorted at I would say that was probably almost as trippy as that dose of 2CC i took so I would say it is definitely more visual at least. I would say that it altered my general perception almost at much. So overall from my experience I think the 25C version is more psychedelic. However I haven't taken a huge dose of the 2CC to compare.

Not sure about the Nichols thing, was just what I presumed, but you;'re probably right.

Yer I agree it does need explaining. I have only seen the benzyl group as a protecting group in chemistry no idea why it makes it more potent a drug. Or why it doesn't work for all, or much less for some.\

Can't remember if I wrote the sublingual doses bit but it's definitely not right I will change it from the few reports I have read but will still need more confirmation as will a lot of the objective parts as more input from other people will be needed. - don't seem to be able to edit the wiki but from what i can remember I read a report saying 350-700 was mild and 700ug+ was strong.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=25C-NBOMe#ixzz1RDez4xsx

Yes I agree as it will be possible for someone to have a strong yet good trip.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  14. Docta

Docta Idiot Savant Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    New DF Wiki image (standardization)

plus new image in chemistry of 25C-NBOMe (standardization, fixed bad link)

Attached Files:

15. filter

filter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    2C-C-NBOMe Duration
    Sublingual / Buccal
    ( tentative )
    Total Duration
    6 - 8 hrs
    Onset
    0 - 15 mins
    Coming Up
    30 - 90 mins
    Plateau
    4 - 6 hrs
    Coming Down
    1 - 4 hrs

After Effects
    - - -
    Hangover / Day After
    - - -

2C-C-NBOMe Duration
    Insufflated
    ( tentative )
    Total Duration
    4 - 8 hrs
    Onset
    0 - 5 mins
    Coming Up
    15 - 30 mins
    Plateau
    2 - 4 hrs
    Coming Down
    1 - 3 hrs

After Effects
    - - -
    Hangover / Day After
    - - -

POSITIVE (2C-C-NBOMe)

• mental and physical stimulation
    • increase in associative & creative thinking
    • mood lift
    • open and closed eye visuals
    • increased awareness & appreciation of music
    • life-changing spiritual experiences
    • euphoria
    NEUTRAL (2C-C-NBOMe)

• general change in consciousness
    • pupil dilation
    • difficulty focusing
    • unusual body sensations (facial flushing, chills, goosebumps, body energy)
    • change in perception of time
    • slight increase in heart rate
    NEGATIVE (2C-C-NBOMe)

• (likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)
    • nausea
    • insomnia
    • paranoia, fear, and panic
    • unwanted and overwhelming feelings
    • unwanted life-changing spiritual experiences
    General Effects Notes
    2C-C-NBOMe is an analog of 2C-C and is a very potent 5HT2A agonist with doses in the 200-700 microgram range. Its effects have been compared to 2C-C and LSD. There are some reports that effects can be very unpredictable, even with the same person taking the same dose at different times.

Addiction and Compulsive Use
    Though some reports mention that re-dosing is possible, compulsive use seems unlikely. However, because its use is so new and uncommon, no definitive statements about it can yet be made.

w w w . erowid . or g/chemicals/nbome/nbome_effects . shtml

16. hookedonhelping

hookedonhelping Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Would it be safe to assume, that 25C-NBOMe is more visual than 25I-NBOMe? I am not asking in terms of 1mg vs 1mg, but rather, compared to the "Threshhold/Average/Strong" rating system that we generally use..

Given 2C-I is generally a bit more speedy with slight visuals @ 25mg (the lower end of the "Strong" spectrum) based upon reports online from user reports at this dosage.

whereas;

2C-C (if I recall from prior reading) is the most visual of the 2C-x series.

Is this assumption correct and that 25C-NBOMe is more colorful than 25I-NBOMe?

and.. Legally.. which of these two would authorities have a harder time building an analog case around? If memory serves me correct, 2C-C is now controlled, so if thats the case I would think 25C-NBOMe would be easier to prove as analogous of a known controlled substance..

thoughts?

17. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Discussion of the topic of effects ^ should be in the 25C-NBOMe Drug Info thread.

Either way, we cannot write anything in the wiki based on assumptions. It must be backed up with facts from empirical evidence or statements from anecdotal reports and consensus.

18. Waterwalker

Waterwalker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from denmark
    On the origins of 25C-NBOMe

From the Wikipedia site (ref. 5)

Dr Martin Hansen, Department of Drug Design & Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen is a colleague of Dr Ettrup. He comments:

“We were the first to report the synthesis and pharmacology of 25C-NBOMe (2C-C-NBOMe, Cimbi-82). We submitted it for pharmacological testing in July 2009 so it was first synthesized somewhere between March 2009 and July 2009.
    “It wouldn’t take much effort to deduce that 25C-NBOMe would be an active hallucinogen, since the closely related compounds 25I-NBOMe, 25B-NBOMe and 25TFM-NBOMe were reported as potent 5-HT2A agonists as early as 2003 by Ralf Heim. Therefore I cannot exclude the possibility that it was first made by some clever clandestine chemists before March 2009.
    “We initiated our research into these compounds by investigating 25I-NBOMe (Cimbi-5), a known compound, as a potential radiotracer and then progressed via subtle modifications of the molecule to improve it’s suitability as a radiotracer, in this process we also tested 25C-NBOMe, but it didn’t provide any improvement over previous compounds so we left it there.
    “There has been no human research into the effects of 25C-NBOMe.
    “25C-NBOMe is a very potent compound, though not quite as potent as LSD. One of my main concerns with this compound (and the other NBOMe-compounds) is that, unlike LSD, they are not absorbed in the gut. They are instead administered intranasally or sublingually which presents a greater risk of overdosing because some of the dose may accidentally be swallowed (and thus rendered inactive) at one time and not at other times, leading to some very inconsistent dosage reports. With a compound that is potentially active at 500 mcg, there is a not a lot of margin for error.
    “It is less than a month ago that 25I-NBOMe [a similar compound] made breaking news in Richmond, VA, with several overdose reports which just serves to underline that these compounds are not toys.”

19. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    We need information about 25C-NBOMe deaths. Please add this. There are a few articles about it in the news forum.

20. uncle_bud

uncle_bud Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    This is the GC-MS for 25C-NBOME made by slovenian forensic laboratory. It might be added to the wiki :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014