Other - 2C-B-FLY found in the UK

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Mr Jones, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Mr Jones

Mr Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    FYI: Laboratory analysis has this week confirmed the presence of 2CB-Fly in a street seizure of crystals in Southern England. I know the molecule is nothing new, but encountering it in the lab is! Very exciting from a forensic point of view.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: 2CB-Fly

Please post story/link. More info please.

3. Mr Jones

Mr Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: 2CB-Fly found in the UK

There is no link - I work in the lab which has found it. Can't divulge case details

4. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

UMMMM, if you cant divulge details, why are you posting it here in the first place???

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

He said he found it "very exciting." But I'd like as many details as possible. Was this a gram? More? Why would it land in a forensic's lab as it's not a controlled drug? So forth.

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well, it was probably being sold as a controlled drug, and now they know it was not. I was also curious as to amounts, since this is not a cheap chem the short time it was offered, or easy to make. There are currently no sources for it at a retail level...
    Fascinating.

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

i heart forensic scientists. crystals! go on now, how big were they?

p.s. how did you qualitatively ID the material, didja have a ref standard or just lit. spectra data?

8. NeonCortex

NeonCortex Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

I'm also interested in how the forensics work. What's the standard procedure? LC/GC compared to a mixture of standards? GC/LC/MS? If unknown structure, do you do cromatography and then NMR?

9. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Well the nat. poisons unit hasn't been informed about it yet, so it must have been very recent indeed

10. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

From the experiences of SWIM, and three or four monkeys, I concluded that 2C-B-FLY caused way too much nausea and negative effects to be considered of any real use. With 15mg (orally admin.), SWIM reported a disturbing feeling of wanting to do something, but nothing feeling quite right. It was only after 8 hours into the trial that I started watching his favourite TV series randomly, and this suddenly made SWIM forget about the disturbing feeling and focus on the events unfolding in the series.

I remember watching a particulary boring episode of a series, which involved way too much unneccessary drama about characters nobody really is interested about. To his suprise, I could now enjoy these aspects he had previously categorized as 'dull' or 'unneccessary'. SWIM watched a good 3 or 4 hours of TV, and after stopping that activity, immediately felt the return of the familiar disturbing feeling. He could not sleep or focus on any complex activities, and finally went to sleep after about 15 hours of the experience.

I made the hasty assumption from SWIM's and the monkeys' experiences that this compound has clearly too many side-effects. This might not be the case after all, with proper dosing and the proper activities. It is not only SWIM's and the monkeys' opinion though, that this compound tends to bring a feeling of uneasines and inability to really focus on anything. SWIM caught these kind of reports in Erowid after his (mostly) unsuccesful trial.

11. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No such side effects noted by local monkeys in several trials @ 10mg. Thoughtful viewing of video entertainment seems to be a good use of this compound.

12. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Any more news, Mr. Jones and fastandbulbous?

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

I concur with radiometer: No nausea was noted in the research antelopes from the 2-CB-Fly @10-12mg. Once again I have to wonder if the monkeys that were made sick actually had taken the real article.

14. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM can also concur - no nausea at 15 mg several trials. I thought there was only one source ever for this, so maybe it is just individual variation of effects. Or maybe something else entirely.... SWIM guesses this was probably part of someone's personal stash. Since the UK has so many restricted chems, this was one of the few that could be legally acquired at the time it was available, so there is probably still some around...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  15. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

The description of the negative effects experienced by me seem to be misinterpreted. There really was no nausea with 15mg, except light/medium nausea at the first hour or two. It was the effects I was disappointed with; he could not really focus on anything but watching the TV. And that is really not the best way to spend 15 or so hours. While with other psychedelics I could spend hours doing nothing and enjoy it, this chemical mabe SWIM uncomfortable (but not nauseous!) if he was doing something else than watching the TV, or even doing nothing. After giving it some thought, I believe I could take another trial with this, but the dosage would be no more than 10mg. As a sidenote, most of the monkeys I was talking about were given 20mg, and reported serious negative effects. Has anyone heard of yous taking 20mg or more?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

15 hours?? Now I'm really getting curious. 2-CB-Fly lasts around 6 - 8 hours. Are you sure your not thinking about the dragonfly? A molecular diagram would help. We do speak IUPAC here.

17. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I am unsure as to how activity times are usually measured. SWIM's experience consisted of a bit over 10 hours of real activity, and the 15 hours is an estimate of the main activity + stimulating after-effects. The dosage was moderately high, too.

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

If possible, please confirm the molecular configuration:

Attached Files:

19. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

That is not possible in this case, as SWIM's source does not display these diagrams. I don't quite understand how it could help in any case? Maybe if the source labeled their stuff as 2C-B-FLY, and gave the molecular diagram of Bromo-Dfly, it could be a sign of a (pathetic attempt on) scamming. But were it correctly given, how would that verify anything? SWIM happens to also have some Bromo-Dfly from this same shady source, but that still remains untested.

I certainly understand your disbelief on everything from this source, but it seems you think they are mislabeling everything. I can comment on this even less, but it still feels like a hasty decision. Maybe after SWIM's next trial with this substance, or with the Bromo-Dfly from the same place, I can say more.

20. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

One of the most frightening trip reports I've ever read was one from an individual who knowingly ingested 36mg 2C-B-fly. Said individual wrote that he was swearing off psychedelics forever.

Please tell the people on the Swedish forums that 10mg is a solid dose and that the dose/response curve seems very sharp with this one. I would be willing to give it a try at 12mg - 14mg sometime, but no more than that. 20mg seems like an upper limit to me.

Tags: