Drug info - 2C-D (4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Alfa, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Please post info about 2C-D here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • legal status
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 2C-D should be posted here: 2C-D experiences

Names: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine, 2C-D
    IUPAC: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylbenzeneethanamine

These documents about 2C-D are in the file archive

PIHKAL: 2C-D

LE-25; 2,5-DIMETHOXY-4-METHYLPHENETHYLAMINE

DOSAGE: 20 - 60 mg.

DURATION: 4 - 6 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 10 mg) There is something going on, but it is subtle. I find that I can just slightly redirect my attention so that it applies more exactly to what I am doing. I feel that I can learn faster. This is a `smart' pill!

(with 20 mg) Butterflies in stomach whole time. OK. This is about the right level. In retrospect, not too interesting. Primarily a stimulant, not entirely physically pleasant. The visual is not too exciting. I am easily distracted. One line of thought to another. I feel that more would be too stimulating.

(with 30 mg) I was into it quite quickly (not much over three-quarters of an hour) and got up to a ++ by the end of an hour. There is something unsatisfactory about trying to classify this level. I had said that I was willing to increase the dose to a higher level, to break out of this not-quite-defined level into something psychedelic. But I may not want to go higher. Under different circumstances I would not mind trying it at a considerably lower dosage, perhaps at the 10 or 15 milligrams. I do not have a comfortable label on this material, yet.

(with 45 mg) There was a rocket from the half-hour to the one and a half hour, from nothing up to a +++. Somehow the intimacy and the erotic never quite knit, and I feel that I am always waiting for the experience to come home. Talking is extremely easy, but something is missing. Appetite is good. I am down by the fifth hour, and sleep is comfortable. This compound will take some learning.

(with 75 mg) This is a +++, but the emphasis is on talking, not on personal interacting. I am putting out, but my boundaries are intact. I was able to sleep at the sixth hour. Communication was excellent. This is fast on, but not too long lived. Maybe a therapy tool?

(with 150 mg) A truly remarkable psychedelic, one which could compare favorably with 2C-B. There are intense colors, and I feel that more would be too much.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: Wow! This particular compound is what I call a pharmacological tofu. It doesn't seem to do too much by itself, always teasing, until you get to heroic levels. But a goodly number of experimental therapists have said that it is excellent in extending the action of some other materials. It seems to boost the waning action of another drug, without adding its own color to the experience. Yet, the comment above, on the high level of 150 milligrams, is a direct quote from the use of this compound in Germany (where it is called LE-25) in therapeutic research.

This is probably the most dramatic example of the loss of potency from an amphetamine (DOM, active at maybe 3 milligrams) to a phenethylamine (only one tenth as active). It is so often the case that the first of a series is not the most interesting nor the most potent member. As intriguing and as difficult-to-define as the 2C-D story might be, the next higher homologue of this set, 2C-E, is maximally active at the 15 to 20 milligram level, and is, without any question, a complete psychedelic.
    Edited by: Alfa

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Aleister93

Aleister93 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    2c-d is one i would really like to try, i urge anyone interested toread out the erowid article on 2c-d as a smart drug- and, anyone who has tried it, i'd like to see a detailed trip report, if you wrote one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  3. djryand

djryand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I too would like to get my hands on some of that. 2C-E also. As soon as I get some $ I shall hunt for some.

Alfa, have you ever tried it? If so, thumbs up or down?

4. davidd

davidd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I really like this one!

I would describe it as kind of like a mix of 30% magic mushrooms and 70% MDMA.

It's not very taxing on the body. But it does make you sweat a little.

It lasts about 2-4 hours...just the right amount of time for me[​IMG]

I'm been trying to find a new source, but no luck so far.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I have never tried it and am not interested to do. Not a big thumbs down, but there are so many more interesting drugs. I very much doubt it to be a smartdrug.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I have read a lot of great things about 2C-D and I'm kicking myself for
    not having procured some earlier when it was widely available. It seems
    to really shine at higher doses (+50mg). I don't believe the "smart
    drug" hype either but it does seem to be one of the better 2C's.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    34mg??? wow

I have used it many times as a smart drug. But I stick to 9-10mg, and it does very much help with memorizing things. :) you still have to put the work into learning it, but once you do on this chemical, it's always there. :)

8. blue jammer

blue jammer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Had a few things going on in the 'real world' I had to sort out, so not been around on here lately.

34mg - both myself and a friend did this amount as that's all we had left out of 100mg, having swapped some earlier!

Well, to be honest, we waited and waited and nothing much happened, felt a little bit 'odd' in so much as happier moodswing, but no real effects to report.

There was definately something there, and no confusion as there is with 2-ci and 2-ce, but as we both agreed, it was just very very mild, ever at 34mg which we thought would be quite a high dose for this.

A bit silly as well as we took it on a Sunday night before work the next day (Ha!) however as it was that mild, we could have worked on it I reckon, and it only lasted about 4 hours before fading.

Can't get hold of any more of this, and not sure I'd bother as it really didn't do anything.

Next to try is 2-cc, heard that is really visual, so can't wait to dabble with that-un [​IMG]

9. davidd

davidd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't think 34mg would be enough..when I had some I think I was doing about 50mg? can't remember exactly but that seems about right.

It will be a while before I get access to the sources database, but I was just wondering if anyone new if there are any suppliers that sell 2-CD. (just a yes or no would be great) If not, what is the closest thing to it? 2-CC?

10. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    2C-D is much more than a smart drug. As Shulgin's experience notes say, it's a truly remarkable psychedelic at higher doses.

In TiHKAL, in the notes for 4-HO-DET (a compound researched extenstively in psychotherapy by Dr Hanscarl Leuner and colleagues), Dr
    Shulgin offers a fascinating aside about 2C-D:

I would never question the accuracy of Dr Shulgin's statements, it's important to note that he did qualify the above comments with the word "apparently". So </span></font>I wouldn't assume that it's safe to go out and start taking hundreds of milligrams of this stuff without published confirmation from Leuner himself a/o his colleagues. However, what Leuner's reported comments do provide is a measure of confidence that 2C-D's oral dosage can be pushed toward Shulgin's reported 150 mg trial with some reasonable expectation of a margin of safety.

And it is clear, from PiHKAL and other accounts, that 2C-D is much more than a smart drug, and that </span>things really start to get interesting psychedelically at doses around 100 mg. No time right now for a more detailed report, but here are some further
    comments based on several trials with several subjects at dosages ranging from 80 to 120 mg:

Onset is fast, up to a +3 within a half-hour like 4-HO-DiPT, peaking for perhaps a little under two hours with residual effects for another two or three hours (much potentiated by cannabis, which adds a lot of its own character as well, for better or worse). I can't
    emphasize enough how startlingly rapid the onset is. It comes on so fast that one feels like one is headed for the trip of a lifetime,
    but then it levels off. Qualitatively, it seems to be one of the better 2C's out there. CEV's are smoother and more "neon-like"
    and fluid than mushroom-type tryptamines which are more geometric; OEV's include "Persian carpet" patterning. Less euphoric than
    2C-I but not as introspective as 2C-E, though mentally it can get pretty intense given the wrong mindset or if too much pot is
    smoked. Minimal bodyload, with some alteration of subjective sense of temperature (at 120 mg, one subject noted feeling too cold,
    yet perspiring).

Overall, balanced, clean, strikingly visual, a "complete psychedelic" in every respect, and relatively short-lived. Unlike its renowned
    amphetamine homolog, DOM, 2C-D is short-lived and shows poor bang-for-the-milligram relative to other compounds in its class (i.e.
    other 2C's). What it shares with its elder brother is that qualitatively, it tends to garner high praise for being a first-rate psychedelic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2007
  11. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: 2C-D

Please post info about 2C-D here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • legal status
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 2C-D should be posted here: 2C-D experiences

Names: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine, 2C-D
    IUPAC: 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylbenzeneethanamine

These documents about 2C-D are in the file archive

Attached Files:

• 2cd.JPG
      2cd.JPG
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Goku4ever

Goku4ever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.K.
    Re: 2C-D

What is the mechanism of action for 2C-D? In particular, is it safe for those on SSRIs to take?