Overdose - 2C-E Death (Unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by BlueMystic, Jan 31, 2005.

1. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    from an unverified trip report at Erowid in 2005 titled "Death on 2c-e"

[Erowid Note: This report mentions an unverified, undocumented death. If you know any details related to this report, which describes an incident that would have happened Jan 27 2005, please email.]

Body Weight: 250 lbs.

My friend Dave died two nights ago as a result of a 2ce overdose. My other friend who was with him (who was successfully resucsitated) said that they licked and dipped their fingers in it three times each (exact dose unknown). He has no recollection of when they passed out, only that they were both found the next day, one dead and the other near death. Apparently Dave got the stuff over the internet from China. Be careful...he always was.

Exp Year: 2005
    Added: Jan 30, 2005

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  2. greenman420

greenman420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Fake. It's probably the Dea posting this up to add more drama to the Research Chemical scene. Either that or these guys were just that dumb to dose themselves that way and they had it comming....

[​IMG]

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah "he always way" safe is bullshit. if they were safe, they wouldn't have "licked their fingers and dipped them in" to 2c-e for a dose.

4. greenman420

greenman420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^ Exactly. Also I'm not going to beleive this story without some facts. I'm sure there'd be an artical about him in his local newspaper, or the DEA would use that as an excuse to bust more online vendors....

How easy is it to post a trip report like this on Erowid?

5. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Much more data would be needed, had they any medication (anything to do with maoi's, 2c-series *could* have some problems with them, specifically with maoi-b type), how much they took, was it really 2c-e, anything else..?

This is a serious issue and I am not saying it is fake right away, but 2c-e has been quite frequently used around here (I can safely say over 100 trips that I've heard of) and I know several people who've done dozens of trips over 50mg without any negative physical problems whatsoever. I have gone up to 50mg myself and if I should tell the toxicity from the physical symptoms I've had, 2c-e would be among the safest in my list along with lsd, mushrooms, iprocin and miprocin. 100mg dose is the highest I have personally heard of, no worrying physical symptoms there either. It is extremely powerful though, so it is not "fun playing" going that high, but physically the evidence suggests it isn't very dangerous to most people. 100mg is so big pile of powder that you just cannot lick that amount from fingers no matter how big hands they had. I am anxious to know more.

6. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I will be on the lookout for any articles that may surface regarding this event. For better assessment of this situation we would have to see a coroners report with the toxology write up. We will have to wait and see.

7. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    any news on this?

8. bubaloo

bubaloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    2C-E
    2C-E
    Chemical name 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-ethyl-phenethy lamine or
    1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenyl)-2-aminoethane
    Chemical formula C12H19NO2
    Molecular mass 209.28 g/mol
    Melting point -
    CAS number -
    SMILES NCCC1=C(OC)C=C(CC)C(OC)=C1
    Chemical structure of 2C-E

2C-E (2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine) is a psychedelic hallucinogenic drug and entheogenic phenethylamine first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. It is commonly active in the 10 - 25 mg range, taken orally, and highly dose-sensitive. Insufflating (ie administering the chemical nasally) requires a much lower dose, typically not exceeding 5mgs, but tends to cause intense pain. Shulgin classified 2C-E as a member of the "magical half-dozen" in his book 'PiHKAL'. Many have reported that the effects of 2C-E are similar to those of the other phenethylamines, only much more intense. Vivid hallucinations similar to those experienced while under the influence of LSD are common, and many reports would indicate that the effects of this particular chemical may be overly intense for those not well experienced with psychedelics.

It should be noted that if 2C-E follows the same patterns as 2C-T-7 (another similar chemical) the risks of a serious and potentially fatal overdose are increased significantly when administrated nasally.

Taken from answers.com

9. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    he certainly didnt sound "very careful".extremely stupid would be a better way of putting it.its either a fake report,or just more confirmation that we need to keep very tight lipped about our sources,lest the uninformed and uneducated get hold of them.no news on this kind of confirms the fact that its just a scare story.

10. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    he must have taken something previously to be that stupid as to dip his
    finger in the bag, and even worse 3 times! I pray to god that the
    human race couldnt have fucked up this stupidly, i mean this has to be
    one of the stupidest things ever, if it were a researched and tested
    chemical (mdma, mescal, and such) if would make slightly more sense but
    even that would be dumb. These chems have barely been researched
    and not much is known. You might as well find some plant in the
    woods you have never seen before and just eat as much of it as you can
    handle. I really hope this is a fake because if not i have to
    seriously re-think mankinds evolution and intilect(sp?).

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    My money is on it being a fake report planted by the DEA, or similar, to scare people with. Rather like Reefer Madness was put out to convince people that jazz musicians would give your white Christian daughters the devil weed and turn her into a maniacal criminal gun-moll. Unless I see proof to the contrary, I relinquish this story to the "Internet Rumor" basket.

12. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah this story has all the signs of propaganda. The claim that he was always carefull after just saying he dipped his wet finger in the bag three times is absolutely absurd. Also the mention of China is interesting cause, if my understanding is correct the companies in china that sell Research Chemicals are real chemical manufactures that were selling to the Research Chemical suppliers. It is highly unlikely that some dumb kid would be able to locate one of these companies and get them to sell to him. One reason being is that they probably would not be interested in selling small amount like a gram or less. Whoever wrote this report probably heard that Research Chemicals come from CHina and didn't understand what that really means.

I don't think this is DEA propaganda report. It's probabbly some dumb anti-drug teenager who got a hold of some isolated facts and thought they could fool people with a fake report. I think the DEA would know if they were going to submit a report to errowid they would need to write it better than that if they were going to fool anyone.

13. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Apparently nobody has offered any more actual details on this one, so it seems all the more likely that we cannot conclude anything about 2c-e's toxicity from this.

14. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Are there actually people who think 2C-E is neurotoxic? I mean, it's
    certainly possible, but it seems like there are many other Research Chemicals that are
    much more likely to be neurotoxic.

Then again all the government's propaganda about LSD and MDMA has made
    everyone convinced they put holes in your brain and stay in your body
    forever.

15. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    lmao I highly doubt its at all neurotoxic. I think if this IS true he died of hypertensive shock. lmao, this will sound bad, but the fucker deserved to die. he consumed an unknown amount of a RESEARCH CHEMICAL, lmao and not just any research chemical, one of the better ones. licking ones finger could pick up anywhere from 10 to 100 mg.people this stupiddeserve death! I just wish it could have happened a more convenient way.Edited by: allyourbase

16. akcom

akcom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I doubt he could have overdosed and died from dipping/licking 3
    times. There are reports of taking a similar compound, 2C-I at
    some ridiculously high overdose and surviving without a hospital visit.

17. waxhorse

waxhorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you ever actually put that shit right on your tongue you certainly wouldn't do it two more times...It's eye-watering, spanked on the ass flavored!

18. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    That report really does sound like a troll. If it was planted by
    some government official, then the author must figure people are really
    stupid. Maybe the average voter really is that stupid but not the
    average psychonaut.

All that being said, it's still incredibly stupid to go licking unknown
    quantities of RC's or or even eyeballing them. I can't believe all
    the posts I read here where people advocate that. But over time
    good information will hopefully drive out the bad.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  19. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    i cant find the original source, will keep looking

20. Ephemerides

Ephemerides Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Actually, SWIM licked their finger and put it in an rc bag for a small
    dose of 2c-e. But this was after breaking up 20mg doses for 2-3 hours.
    Some people have a facility for eyeballing, but this is definitely
    after you've already seen a proper dose of the specific chemical.