Drug info - 2C-E Effects and Ratings Survey Results

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by illuminati boy, Apr 6, 2006.

1. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Attached should be a zipped file with 5 files in it that contain the data on 2C-E gathered from the recent survey project on largely unresearched compounds.

General information about the survey project on largely unresearched compounds.

This project consisted of posting 28 surveys for about 60 days at 6 different internet discussion boards. 25 of the surveys received at least one response in that time. There were a total of 701 responses to all of the surveys with 5-MeO-DPT receiving the fewest responses (2) and 2C-I receiving the most (123). 11 surveys received 25 or more responses and probably give a somewhat reliable overview of the compounds in question.

There are 3 different types of surveys. The Phenethylamines, the Tryptamines, and the DOB-DFLY survey. The phenethylamine and tryptamine surveys are almost identically with 2 exceptions; the tryptamine surveys have an additional item labeled x01 and a freeform response at the end. The DOB-DFLY survey has numerous additional sections etc. due to it being a later addition. Despite these differences, each subsection should allow for apples to apples comparisons. The only real difference in the data might be a slightly higher skip rate on section 5 with regard to the phenethylamines, though looking at the actual data the difference appears to be minimal if any.

What was looked at across all surveys was 1. What people thought of the compound overall, 2. What people thought about the general pleasurableness of the compound, 3. What people thought about the general stimulant/sedative tendencies of the compound, 4. What people reported in the way of ‘primary effects,’ 5. What people reported in the way of ‘side effects,’ and 6. The number of times people reported taking a given compound.

For items 1, 2, & 3 a ‘score’ can be worked out.

For the overall rating one can either calculate the % of persons that consider the compound ‘worthwhile’ by adding the number of persons reporting ‘B,’ ‘A,’ and ‘A+’ and dividing by the total number of persons answering that item; or one can calculate an ‘average rating’ by giving a score of 6 to every ‘A+,’ 5 to every ‘A,’ 4 to every ‘B,’ 3 to every ‘C,’ 2 to every ‘D,’ 1 to every ‘E,’ and 0 to every ‘F’ (the results then divided by the number of total respondents).

For the overall pleasure direction one simply assigns a weighted score to the responses according to the value to the left (i.e. +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, -3) and divides by the total number of responses. A net positive score indicates a compound that is reportedly more positive and a net negative score indicates a compound that is reportedly more negative. A score close to or at 0 indicates a compound that is not very particularly prone one way or another with regard to pleasurable experiences (it could have no discernable ‘push’ or it could be equally prone toward pleasurable or disconcerting experiences).

The overall energy direction is calculated much the same as the overall pleasure direction, with the difference being that the results will show the overall tendency of the compound toward stimulation or sedation. If the net score is positive it indicates a trend toward stimulation, if the net score is negative it indicates a trend toward sedation. If the score is close to or at 0 it indicates that a compound is not particularly prone toward one direction or the other (this could mean neither stimulation nor sedation or it could indicate that people are more or less equally prone to the experience of either).

Compound specific discussion.

2C-E is a compound in the 2C class that appears to be more common than many of the other compounds surveyed. This survey received almost 100 responses, and the data looks to be fairly solid. This is one of the surveys that probably have enough responses to really get a good feel for the range and frequency of expected effects and side-effects.

Looking at the data here, 92.6% of respondents considered the material ‘worthwhile.’

The overall average pleasure score is +1.26 or ‘Pleasant’ to ‘Very Upbeat.’

The respondents generally reported that this is a noticeably stimulating compound with a stimulation score of +1.55 or midway between ‘Slightly’ and ‘Moderately’ stimulating.

2C-E appears to be a notably psychedelic compound. While a single individual reported “No Psychedelic Effects Noticed,” 20% reported “Extreme Open Eye Visuals” and 21.1% reported “Extreme Closed Eye Visuals.”

The most commonly reported side-effect for this compound is nausea / upset stomach, with 61.6% of those responding noting it. 20.5% of respondents reported vomiting.

As with almost all other compounds surveyed, the most frequently reported number of uses is 2-5 (47.7%). 2C-E had a broader range of responses than some other compounds though, with responses apparently covering the 1-75 range.

I B

Attached Files:

1. 5/5,
      pretty old now, but nice! thanks.
      Jan 30, 2009
  2. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    from these queries it seems that 2c-e, 2c-i and 2c-t-2 have all broken through to "mainstream" side of drugs. Some responses about used doses could have been very interesting bit also, especially when that would have been compared to felt effects. Although this kind of study could be done using erowid and these forums, reading trip reports and making some statistics from them.

3. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2ce @ 30 mg is amazing. very reminiscent of LSD, particularly in its ability to give one perspective on ones own being.

4. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Can't see why anyone would care for 2c-t-2 or 2c-i at all after tasting 2c-e. I guess we all have unique experiences.

5. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2ct2 can be quite deep without being very threatenin. Also it provides some amazing visuals.

2c-i is more the type of psychedelic i would take at an event (concert, etc) where 2c-e would be too much for me to handle.

I use different psychedelics for different purposes. So even after having tried 2c-e i would stil use 2c-i and 2ct2 in the future.
    Although i will admit 2c-e is one of my favorite psychedelics.

6. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^

Well yeah but, other than visuals, I found 2c-t-2 and 2c-i just completely boring. No depth at all. The weed I smoked with them was deeper. I'm fine with just a lower dose of 2c-e at an event.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swip agrees with GDxCAT here. 2c-e is a powerful psychodelic. Where as it's little brother 2c-i is more of a "toy phsychodelic" 2c-e is a hardcore ego slashing and destiny birthing phsychodelic. 2c-e is one of swips top 3 favorite drugs.

IB- Great job compiling these surveys! Perhaps you should talk to Alfa about compiling the results into an HTML format and adding them to the site here.

8. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swit finds 2C-E a very deep & meaningful experience also. One of his favorites. 2C-I is boring; if your looking for those visuals and deep thoughts, it just doesn't do that for swit. Swit would rather take a lower dose of 2c-e on a hike or at a event, then any thing else he's tried so far.

He may try DOC on a hike this summer at a low dose, maybe 2mg.

9. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    Absolutely. Illuminati Boy, I salute you mightily for undertaking this study. *bows low* Very valuable.

However, the one CRUCIAL piece of data that is missing (which, I understand well, would have made compiling the data infinitely more complicated) is the dosage-to-effects/response ratio; quite obviously, "extreme open eye visuals" (for example) would generally only occur at the higher end of the scale for most compounds — and if they occurred at the lower end of the scale for any given compound, that would be extremely useful data to have as well.

Now that the initial results are in, do you have any notion to take it "furthur," or are you completely exhausted already?

10. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry for the late reply. I am working on several projects at present. I hope to have a polished submission for The Entheogen Review in time for their next issue. I am currently working on several (big) projects ‘back in the world.’ I am also fixing to do the final write of the Safer Research Chemical User’s Guide (which is no small project either).

As for further research… well I think that the DOB-DFLY survey probably points the way toward an ideal set of questions for survey research. It would be nice if Erowid could incorporate something similar into their TR submission set-up to allow for quantification of effects. I am sure it would be heavily skewed due to response biases, but it would probably provide some useful data nonetheless. I also would love to see someone ‘run’ with the tentative groundwork that has been laid and conduct a larger/more comprehensive study; but I fear the probabilities of such are likely low in the near future. I am personally a little miffed at Mexico’s about face, as had they not done so it may have allowed for some interesting legitimate dose/response research to be conducted…. But if ifs were fifths we’d all be drunk.

So long story short, this was pretty much my magnum opus in this area (for the near future anyway), due to other projects and commitments.

I B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  11. Slic Mc

Slic Mc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    For me a low dose was slightly diorienting with slight increase in energy levels. i found my self riding around on my bike for a few hrs everytime i partook. high dose had a peak that was almost a religiouse experience and had some negative vaso constriction to the point that my feet went numb and tingly for about 2-2.5 hrs. Nice visuals similar to coming up on LSD. the visuals during the peak were more saturated with color. instead of being able to see through the colors that overlap everything on LSD, I was almost overwhelmed with the colors taking over everything during the peak. Overall was very fun bordering on a religiouse experience but had the negative effects that detracted from the whole thing. and this prevents me from diving in too often. the vasoconstriction was inadvertently increased one time with the use of methylone(bought as MDA)

12. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I agree with Pinkavvy, 2c-e is also in my top 3 all time favorites, having taken that for well over 50 times over the last 15 years it still gives the depth for the experience that feels rewarding afterwards and creates opportunities for long lasting effects. (Last use was naturally long time ago so that I do not incriminate myself.. )