Effects - 2C-I Audio Hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Each Hit, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    has anybody had audio hallucinations while on 2c-i?? swim's friend reported sound distortions while on a 23mg dose. this mainly occurred while music was playing, but he also said he was manipulating the electric "hum" of his television into "some kind of sound you might hear in electronic music." I did notice familiar music sounded different, but he could notquite figure out exactly how. he has checked erowid experience reports but does not recall any audio effects of 2c-i. neither swim nor his friend could create sounds in their heads, they just thought that they could manipulate the qualities of the sounds that they heard. was thisjust a random hallucinationor is ita common occurence??Edited by: Each Hit

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Some folks have a propensity for auditory "hallucinations" on different substances. Others tend to having visuals. There is no set and fast rule here. It depends on many different factors that have hardly been explored as yet. Enjoy what you get.

3. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thanks for the reply.

I said he really enjoyed it (both visually and audibly), he just was curious as to the frequency of such effects. he tends to be amore musically orientedperson than i am, so perhaps he was more in tune as to what he was hearing. we also had been at apretty loud stock car race prior to tripping, so his ears might have been ringing, thus contributing to the effects. i will be sure to ask him if he experiences this affect again. thanks again.

4. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    SWIM and his G/F have had very strong audio hallucinations on 2c-i. Outside planes flying overhead wouldbecome slow pulsing hums. The tick of clocks would become louder and then softer, no longer keeping any type of steady rythm. I have noticed that this only happensat higher doses (30mgs+)

5. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I has found that his auditory senses are the first ones that show activity with the substance noted above. His hearing gets really sharp initially. He can here distant noises clearly and with music is able to separate many of the instruments into individual sounds and even picks up on "sub-tones" or melodies that he normally may not be aware of.

If you were at a stock car race earlier it would not be unusual to here things in your head that you normally wouldn't. Ringing in particular. Those high frequencies are really exagerated when I has sampled that stuff. Sometimes like your ears are tingling.

6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have been doing quite a bit of 2-CI lately. She's never had it before but definite audios: initially just sound distortions but on last trip at about +4 hours things were getting hectic, so she went to chill, and put in some earplugs because there was some crappy hard house which wasn't helping. She concentrated on her breathing and became aware of her heartbeat, which changed over time to sound like a sweet rich string instrument (not quite a cello: but something similar):

It blew her away, very interesting, something for her to play with at a later date.

Similarly I has had her tinnitus distort (as mentioned by oldman). She never really thought of that as an hallucination, more of an an illusion (misinterpretation of physical stimulus)

Keep enjoying 2-CI!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  7. blue jammer

blue jammer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Some time ago, before I invested in scales, I did an unknown amount of 2-ci, after a lot of beers (not a good idea!)

2 hours after coming up on the 2-ci, I felt like I had a speaker on the top of my head, as all the sounds were distorting and it felt like the music in the club was being forced down a cone into my brain.

I left soon after that, and had really strong visuals on the way home (roads were yellow in colour and got in and under the duvet which had become an egg!)

Tip: don't mix alcohol and 2-c chemicals...

8. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    2C-I produces profound audio and other distortions in me ratties, though any enjoyment was counteracted by CV/CNS overstimulation and GI distress. as far as depth - hmmm.

9. deadsunrise

deadsunrise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Can't wait until SWIM receive the 500mg of 2C-I that he has on the mail to test it with his girlfriend.

SWIM's ex-girlfriend used to have heavy audio hallucinations on mushrooms thinking that she was listening to her mothers voice (having this a really traumatic effect as she had to run away from her home when she was younger). SWIM himself have never experienced audio hallucinations except with a pair of sneaker pimps songs that sound very diferent on shrooms (apart from being able to actually see the sound)

I will report if he experiences aomething like this.

10. aether_demon

aether_demon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have also experienced audi distortions on 2C-I. It seemed that the music he was listening to was chopped, overlapped, and replayed at various intervals. I found this to be very entertaining.

11. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Listening to headphones on 2c-i with your eyes closed is amazing. I did this once and almost reached ++++. With his eyes closed. He could see the music he was listening to. It was a complex array of colors shapes and patterns all connected together in his mind. The music was not regular at all though. From one sound came another. The beats and strokes were intensified and multipled. It was an enjoyable experience but future research was not able to bring back this aspect of the trip......too bad

12. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim seems to get auditory hallucinations on most chemicals, including but not limited to: 2c-i, 5-meo-amt, 2c-e, and dxm. She seems to get the most auditory hallucinations from dxm, but once had some incredible audio distortions with higher doses of 5-meo-amt. Swim also gets the most intense auditory hallucinations when combining a small amount of 2c-i with dxm (I know, I know, not recommended).

13. hyperlite

hyperlite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's first and last experience with 2C-I lasted 12hours! Go out to a club and you'll be surprised at the kinda shit you hear....

14. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The only true audio hallucinations swim can remember having experienced were from pure indica hash in the Middle-East.

15. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    this is not an audio drug. try eating a big fat pile of 5-meo-dipt where you get to the point of the world being underwater and everyone talking sounds like the adults on charlie brown(wa wa wawaaa wa). any psychedelic will distort audio but there is a line between and auditory psychedelic and psychedelic auditory effects found in almost every substance at some level. if you ate 30+ mg of 2C-B or 2C-T-7 i bet you a dollar it would have a similar effect. thusly not unique to 2C-I. i dont really know what the point was but... yeah...

:joint:

16. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    by the way hyperlite what did you do eat a quarter gram or something? or just stack doses? i dont see how it could have been 12 hours... then again i have been wrong before... probably today a couple times even...

:joint:

17. boja_gangles

boja_gangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Being a musician, SWIM's audio experience with 2c-i was and is incredible. I wasn't "hallucinating audio", but his control and precision in listening was enhanced to a level he couldn't imagine reaching sober. No matter where the speakers were or where the sound was, if it was loud enough it seemed to come from every direction. Not only this, but when listnening to music, I could divide the sound into many many layers and single out a layer if he wanted to. I am now experimenting with recording himself (playing piano/keyboard), and the outcome has so far been better playing than what he can do sober. I have much more control and facility with inner layers and harmonies when on this drug.

I am now considering taking light doses (~10mg) before recording sessions or shows in the future just for it's aural enhancing capabities. Has anybody tried this?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2006
  18. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have friends who have experienced audio hallucinations and synaesthesia on larger doses of 2C-I. The effect tends to be subtler than with 2C-E, though. The 2C-I trip reports section has some first-hand accounts of this. Take a look through. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  19. narcolepticpug

narcolepticpug Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i once dreamed about taking 20mg 2c-i and 20mg 2c-c. in this dream i road my bike to the beach and the sound of the birds and waves were very distorted... not to mention the visuals were amazing........

20. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I do not seem to get major auditory effects on any phens. Tryptamines are more what does it for SWIM. I find phens good social drugs