Purity - 2C-I differences between batches?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by blue jammer, May 18, 2006.

1. blue jammer

blue jammer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have had several batches of 2C-I in the past, from different sources and it's mostly been in the form of a white (or off white, sometimes slighty biscuit coloured) powder/crystaline.

Got a call from SWIM who was concerned that the current batch of 2C-I he got, was a very fluffly-like/clumpy consistency, even though it weighed just slightly over a gram, it looked like about 4-5 grams worth!

SWIM borrowed a digital camera, and took the 3 attached pictures.

Has anyone else noticed any differences like these?

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      37.2 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      23.6 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thats what my 2c-i looked like.

But my 2c-e looked like that aswell. It was very fluffy and clumpy.

I would recomend you start out ~10mg with this just to determine it is actually 2c-i.

my normal dose for 2c-i is 22mg, if i took 22mg of 2c-e thinking it was 2c-i i would be scared shitless.
    Anyway, that certainly looks like a 2c-x.
    enjoy your product.

3. blue jammer

blue jammer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I had not ever had 2C-I that looked clumpy, he had 2C-E that looked like that once...

I am going to take 3mg, just in case it isn't 2C-x but dob or something else (doubtful, but he thinks best to be safe!)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  4. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    ~10mg could be dangerous -- ANY chem you're unsure about should be tested in the submilligram range first, then @ 1-2mg, then higher. If it's something like 5-MeO-AMT (which this shouldn't be, judging by its appearance, but just to give an example of something that would be exceedingly uncomfortable at 10mg) or a DOx compound (there have been isolated reports of DOI being accidentally substituted for 2C-I, if I recall correctly), then 10mg could be far too intense and long-lasting. You don't want to freak your lab monkeys out or land them in hospital.

(my usual 2cents)

5. Jonah

Jonah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it's probably just crystallized differently or given time to settle, i'm certain it's the real thing and that nothing's wrong with it. I've seen clumpy 2C-I before and it worked like a charm.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    "New Batch" looks like what I am used to seeing.

7. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

i completely agree with your advice. And i suppose it was wrong of me to recomend 10mg as a starting dose.
    The reason i did so was because i have seen 2c-i like this before. And the sample of DOI that i have seen looked nothing like it (nor did DOC).

But in general starting out at 1-2mg is the best advice.

8. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A good rule of thumb with ANY source is to test at <1mg and work up to target dose. You can test on the tail end of something else, but if you discover a mistake, you will be happy to took the precaution. Anyone can make a mistake, and the consequences can be dire.

Snapper

9. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that looks like what swim calls good 2c-i... swim received his today and says that the quality is identical to the 2c-i he received from american vendors in the pre web tryp times...

(< (< :joint: :snort: :snort: :joint:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  10. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    How useful do you think it is to do Mecke/Mandelin/Marquis tests? I usually does those, to make sure that no crazy mix-up took place. However, do you think that it is still advisable for swim to do a rodent bioassay at less than 1mg, if these reagents give a clear result?

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, as those are rather non-specific tests. They will show a positive reaction for a chemical group, but not which molecule specificaly and reliably. Such as the difference between 2-CI and DOI.

12. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh, thanks.
    I didn't realize that. A mix-up btw. 2c-i and doi would be awful!

13. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It has been known to happen. It is something I am always very nervous about when sampling new material.

14. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWiHR came accross a source for "2c-i" through a friend recently. SWiHR's friend is trustworthy, and the source is as well. The source has tried it and related the experience to SWiHR and he seems straight. The only problem is that the 2c-i is in a half blue, half clear pill, and all the flakes inside appear to be blue (even when held and examined through the clear part). SWiHR expected to see the little fluffs/flakes, but the fact that they are blue has SWiHR a little nervous. Luckily, the source has offered a free sample to SWiHR and his friend, but Im sure everyone understands why i would be a little hesitant when messing with this stuff. Is it possible that the 2c-i is still good/safe/effective, but just a different color? SWiHR has very little chem. experience so he apologizes if his worries are unnecesary. He loves and appreciates LSD (as well as the Research Chemical world) but doesnt want to do anything stupid so he really appreciates any replies... thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  15. sg43

sg43 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    He may have added some food coloring to add style, I have heard of people using all kind of fillers such as sugar, caffeine ect. but selling it in that form is not smart :/