Health - 2C-I: Negative Aftereffects?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by El Calico Loco, Aug 30, 2006.

1. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2C-I has been a great chemical for SWIM. It hasn't been as powerful or enlightening as 2C-E, but it has helped this former introvert come out of his shell.

However, a friend of SWIM's had some negative aftereffects from her lone 2C-I trip. She had a lot of fun during the trip, but felt confused and anxious for weeks afterwards - this unpleasantness didn't go away until a 2C-E trip helped her heal.

I found out later that she was drunk when she took the 2C-I. I have had no trouble mixing moderate amounts of alcohol with 2C-I, but he always had the drinkies after he took the chemical, not before.

We all know psychedelics can lead to permanent mental changes, not all of them good; has anyone else seen something like this from 2C-I?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  2. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
  3. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    HERE might have some data of use. As far as anecdotal reports, I have definitely seen posts / reports of acute negative effects, persistent negative after-effects, or persistent perceptual changes in persons claiming to have ingested 2C-I in frequencies ranging from one solitary use to near daily use over the period of about a year.

I B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  4. Elian_NWA

Elian_NWA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    2c-x compounds in my opinion do have some of the stronger after-effects of psychedelics around. usually i dont quite come down completely for a few days. I wouldnt consider it HPPD just knowing you arent completely baseline. I have a feeling 2ci is one of the more harmful 2c's or it could be it is possibly the most popular so more negative effects tend to arrise

5. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not all after effects are negative.

I had one (and only one) experience with 2C-I which was very centered, or centering.

This effect carried on for about 2 weeks, and even as far out as a couple of months, the vibration could be detected.

I have always been curious about museum/threshold doses of 2C-I.

6. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's conceivable that any pyschedellic, with or without booze, could open up things inside a persons that they may have a hard time dealing with.

7. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Medium- to long-term mental after affects are usually to do with the subject's psyche. That said, sustained long-term use does bring about permanent changes - one friend of mine who's been taking lots of drugs for years is definitely not as clear-headed or rational as when I first met him. Doesn't seen to bother him too much, even though I can see the difference.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It could be that his rationality in the past was viewed as a hinderance to his happiness by him. For some folks, the overcoming of such would be a catharsis.

Just a thought.

9. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    let us not dismiss the possibility that the commonly stated duration of effects for 2C-X class compounds may be well underestimated...

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Might have something to do with RNA and memory function in general. Or is that a flashback? Eeeek!!

11. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    I has found with many chems that if they drink befor hand they feel much worse and both seem to make each other stronger but if they do chems first they can drink much alcohol with little problem.

12. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Very interesting. What exactly were the after effects like, how strong were they, how were they positive etc. I am interested.

13. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    in my experience 2CI has shown little to no negative effects or after effects at all. I has seen people drink and then use 2C-I and they were fine. Seems your friend just got unlucky? or it could have been unrelated, maybe a stress thing? who knows... I say that alcohol is a very good thing to keep around for a 2C-I trip... nothing better than dosing 30mg and then drinking down a bottle of 94 year old brandy...

:joint:

14. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    2C-I is a very versatile chemical. One has heard that threshold doses can provide an emotionally opening experience that can be very valuable.

15. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm beginning to think so. She enjoyed the trip, but there were times when it seemed she was fighting it - she became manic and responded flippantly to everything.

One can't fight 2C-E that way. It will kick one's ass. :) Maybe that's why it was better for her than 2C-I was.

ECL

16. kb

kb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The only aftereffects I have found have been positive (i.e. a mild, enjoyable after-glow) that seems to last from 24-72 hours after SWIM comes back down to earth.

It seems to SWIM that the amount researched is directly proportional to the duration of the after-glow.