Health - 2c-x long term psychological effects

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by JumpinJackFlash, Jul 24, 2006.

1. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    I was just wondering if there was any evidence to suggest that 2c-x have any long term effects. I took 2c-b and felt that if it wern't for SWIM's firm grip on reality he would have gone snooker loopy. I am considering taking 2c-b with one of his dear friends, but is worried as she has had issues with her mental health. Are SWIM's concerns unfounded or are chemicals of the 2c variety potentially damaging to ones nogin.

Positive and negative trip reports appreciated

SWIM loves you guys...as do I :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    psychedelics can definitely catalyze underlying psychopathology, as such, you assume full karmic responsibility for your 'patients'.

that said, some 2C-X class members show no observable signs of toxicity with prolonged daily administration in nootropic doses.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    2C-B is absolutely not suited for recreational use by persons with mental health issues. 2C-B is known to dig up emotions from the strangest places, which can linger after the experience.

4. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2C-B also has an aural quality to it that some people may find to be bothersome. it is a good drug yes. alfa is right though. it will dig up emotional shit that lingers for days. or longer.

:joint:

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ANY psychedelic will eventually force the user to confront any psychological baggage and/or unresolved issues. They can possibly also awaken latent tendencies or enhance existing mental instabilities. These drugs can be recreational, but fundamentally are not and can easily put the someone through one of the most difficult moments of the that person's life. It is critical that anyone using psychedelics to be prepared for and expect some difficult situations. Overall this is a healthy thing and the reason why these drugs are so coveted by some therapists, but it is not a good time.
    That said, mostly psychedelics are quite fulfulling and entertaining. I feel that most psychedelic users work out their issues early on or quit using them. Once issues are worked out, the only other real downside is paranoia which is much easier to deal with with a little practice.
    As far as the 2C-'s are concerned, there is likely no difference between their long term psychological effects and those of other psychedelics, except that the 2C-s are more emotionally positive and entactogenic, and overall they last longer, both of which could effect the impact of an intense experience.

Snapper

6. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    just to throw it out there there are several individuals who indulge in "excessive use" of several of these chemicals... those most commonly being 2C-I 2C-B and 2C-T-21. they dont really seem to have significantly negative long term effects even resulting from binge behavior. they are clearly not nearly as prone to mental trainwrecks as for example LSD. nanobrain can testify to the relative safety of daily administration of 2C-T-21 which is one of the most potent 2C. 2C-I is almost entirely benign mentally. 2C-B definitely has more of an edge towards the uncontrollable and emotional but it is also extremely kind and freakouts are few and far between and usually only associated with assheaded overdoses. it seems that perhaps the positives to these compounds outweigh the negatives. plus the short duration makes it really easy to get out of the woods if you need to. mixing benzos with them also helps to take the edge off while not necessarily terminating the effects. you can however take enough to fully blow the flame out if need be. 2mg lorazepam + 20mg of 2C-B is reported to be a fairly good experience altogether.

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    nootrpopic dosing implies micrograms, as was the case study involving prolonged investigation of 2C-T-21 as a potential antidepressant / cognitive enhancer with other emergent properties of interest, including somatic health improvement. the case studies are singular and are not to be taken as reference standards for safe use by any means whatsoever.

2C-B is an archetypal psychedelic, it is used best as an adjuvant towards the later part of the MDMA experience to enable one to do hard therapeutic work - to delve into deep realms of the psyche which may indeed be painful in a less threatening manner, which the MDMA facilitates. best results when used with an elder therapist.

2C-I side effects profile suggets cumulative toxicity oft resulting in ongoing HPPD. not for casual repeated use.

P.S. 20 mg 2C-B would induce a timewarp of hyperspatial proportions and psychedelic soup the navigation of whcih would require a custom designed holovision downstep transformer diving mask and the 'gemme outa hear quick' brand xtra long fins, should one ever try this dose as a nootrop....

8. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    didnt mean to suggest that 20mg of 2C-B was a nootropic dose. Its clearly quite active at that level. ;) suppose it could be nootropic still just with that whole psychedelic thing going on.

:joint:

9. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Just a quick update...

Well you will all be glad to know that SWIM ignored all of you's advice and went for it anyway. The results were incredibly positive overall, the 2C-B had no effect on SWIM or SWIM's "labrat" as you put it. Instead the experience was overall a positive one much fun was having looking at stars as they formed symetrical patterns, danced to the soundtrack of the night and seem to extend for an infinate amount of miles. Infact the only downside was that SWIM came up rather too quick whilst SWIM's labrat was left thinking "nothing is going on"...ah well, horses for courses and all that.

As for the 5-meo-mipt, well that's another story, don't think it belongs in this thread but, in SWIM's opinion, that stuff is some sketchy shit but the experience only lasted the length of the trip and there is no long term damage of yet. SWIM tends to agree that drugs of the 2C variety don't have any long term effect unless you are a dickhead and take too much

All comments were taken into account, and I think that's a really good thing as information on such chemicals are not freely available, times change but it seems that info on drugs doesn't that much

So thanks for the help, much appreciated

10. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim plans on taking 2c-b at the "Blue man Group" concert in October! His girlfriend and I will find the right doses before that, to get the most out of that evening :-D As for psycholigcal effects, in the long term, I believe that any drug will have some long term effects, even though they may be minimal and hardly noticable. Any psychadelic shouldn't be taken too often, 1 because it looses some magic and quality of the trip, second it's just not healthy to tripp all the time! :p

11. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I know the OP question was a little convoluted, but I figured I should probably weigh in here.

Across all 701 responses to the surveys conducted on various exotic compounds (including both phenethylamines and tryptamines) the rate of report of HPPD was 0.14%. For the compound with the largest number of responses (2C-I) the incidence was 0.81%. Based on some of the other data points and freeform responses, I am inclined to believe that the rate of HPPD might be biased toward the lower end. I would, however, be pretty confident in wagering that the rate of incidence of HPPD for 2C class compounds probably falls somewhere between 0.014% and 8.1%. The low number is based on the overall average report being an over reporting by a factor of 10 and the higher number assumes an underreporting by a factor of 10 of the highest number.

If you were to just assume the range directly suggested by the data is accurate (which I wouldn’t, but anyway), you would get a range of 1.4 to 8.1 abreactions per 1,000 reports.

Bear in mind that Dr. Sidney Cohen had put the rate of psychotic episodes related to LSD at 1.8 per 1,000 administrations of the drug.

Hope this answer was in some way helpful.

I B

1. 3/5,
      IB always has the stats at his fingertips!
      Aug 28, 2006