Pharmacology - 2ct’s -> MAOI ?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Sick Jack, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi !

I learned recently that the members of the 2ct-family tend to create a smooth MAOI effect.

I used frequently 2ct2, sometimes without any problem and other times with stomach discomfort during the come up.

So my question is : is the MAOI effect and an unappropriated regime (containing tyramine) potentially the origins of this discomforts ?

Thanks for any feedback in advance ! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    potentially, but unlikely. the 2C MAO inhibition invivo appears to be relatively minor. YMMV.

3. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for your feedback !

4. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The IC50 of 2C-T-7 for MAO-A is less than the concentration achieved in vivo by a full effective dose. The inhibition of 2C-T-2 is less than that of 2C-T-7, but I believe that it is enough to be of some concern (will update if I ever get the figures)

5. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    sick jack MIGHT have a point there, this could be an explenation why the 2c-t-7/MDMA for example is potentially dangerous, right?

6. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    having read many reports of 2c-t-7/mdma combo back when that was the "smart" thing to do for a lot of people, it seems that this combo is probably neurotoxic and doing it is like taking a turn in russian roulette. specifially i recall someone taking both and relapsing into a void of pain that was unbearable and infinite... during this time the individual was incoherent and dangerous and had to be taken to the hospital where he almost died... good visuals though... w0w d00d gotta get sum of thoz :rolleyes: (< :hoover: