1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - 3-methylmethcathinone (3-MMC) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by YIPMAN, May 14, 2012.

1. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Please add information about 3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride)

• names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • legal status
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • stability of the molecule / compound

Already obtained information:

[​IMG]

Synonym(s): 3-MMC*
    Formal Name: 2-​(methylamino)-​1-​(3-​methylphenyl)-​1-​propanone,​ monohydrochloride
    CAS Number: 1246816-62-5
    Molecular Formula: C11H15NO • HCl
    Formula Weight: 213.7

3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride) is a potential major impurity in preparations of 4-MMC. As an isomer of 4-MMC, it is likely to have psychoactive properties and may itself be marketed as a designer drug. The physiological and toxicological properties of this compound have not been determined.

Source: not linked, nor nominated, as the information was obtained from a well known company of biochemicals and research products.

Experience Reports with 3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride) aka 3-MMC should be discussed here:
    3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride) Experience Reports

Important note: Further researches led to information, which state, that the synonym "3-MMC" is also used in relation to 3-Methoxymethcathinone (hydrochloride), which is a positional isomer of methedrone, having the methoxy group at the 3 rather than the 4 position. It is also the β-keto derivative of 3-methoxymethamphetamine, a psychostimulating drug.

However, most sources display 3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride) when using the synonym "3-MMC". Both substances are fairly new and very little information is available about them.

Until this issues is cleared, I have edited out the synonym of the thread title.

PS: this request was elaborated due to this post of fellow member tommy50.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. timkanu

timkanu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: 3-Methylmethcathinone (hydrochloride)

Wouldn't 3-MMC be illegal everywhere 4-mmc is illegal ? Even in places where only specifically Mephdrone was banned, would 3-mmc just be classed as an isomer, therefore illegal.

As it can be just called an isomer of Methylmethcathinone then it is classed as no different from 4-mmc ?

So im wondering what the point is for this substance to be pursued by manufacturers.

3. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

Indeed. Everywhere the analogue act has been applied, it would be considered illegal immediately, as mather of fact, one information source already displayed it as a controlled substance.
    Also, due to their structural resemblance, authorities would most likely class it as an isomer.

Although there is information available back from 2011, I really have no clue why this has emerged quite recently.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Seaquake

Seaquake Gold Member

Reputation Points:

I actually got an email off somewhere that basically said they'd made an error on their structural image drawing and had put up the structure of 3-Methoxymethcathinone when it ought to have been the 3-Methylmethcathinone. However if they are making such basic errors as that it is concerning. they surely should know what image is what prior to uploading them to their server.

5. Big B

Big B Newbie

Reputation Points:

Just to make sure, 3- Methylmethcathinone is Methcathinone aka street name 'Cat'?
    Sorry, just getting a little confused.

6. timkanu

timkanu Newbie

Reputation Points:

No. 3-methylmethcathinone is NOT "methcathinone" or "cat". Its 3-methylmethcathinone....

I dont belive there a common name for 3-MMC. The one for 4-MMC is mephedrone.

Methcathinoine is different to 4-methylmethcathinone which is different to 3-methylmethcathinone, which is different to 3-fluromethcathinone which is.... etc etc.

Differnt drugs, same backbone/family.

7. Royaltramp

Royaltramp Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

A friend of a friend (no really, a friend of a friend - so take this with a slight pinch of salt, though the guy in question is usually reliable and has no reason to lie in this case) said that the dosage is similar to Methylone, and that a gram should last 3 users a full session.

I believe he initially doses around 200-250mg and then tops up with another 100-135mg. I also believe ROA is oral but I may have to double check with him. Note that he has a lot of experience with ketones and other stimulants, and his doses are likely larger than normal, don't start this high.

He also said that he found it better than Methylone and various other ketones he's tried. Alongside this he didn't find it had such a high compulsion to redose as its isomer 4-MMC.

I've not seen many other glowing reports like this about 3-MMC so I'm unsure whether this was a one off reaction of the product he received was not 3-MMC, but he said it's the best thing he's tried as of late and he has a wide array of experience, so I'm intrigued.

If I can find a reliable source I'll get my hands on it and write an experience report in the appropriate thread here :)

Update:

Have since tried it, wouldn't say it's the best thing I've tried but I'd rank it equally with stuff like 4-MMC, Methylone and the like. :) Have posted a brief report in the experiences thread.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. uncle_bud

uncle_bud Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: 3-methylmethcathinone Drug Info

AFOAF has lot's of experience with 3-mmc ( also had a problem with use when 4-mmc was around )

dosages varied from 70mg-300mg insufflated ( hurts like hell )

first line comes on strong ( sometimes there is a short numbing of the lips )
    effect it's almost identical to the 4-mmc in some aspects even better.
    the rush is there, the euphoria is huge, also he noticed that the urge to redose is small ... but you will probably finish your bag.

there are of course lot's of negative side effects if you go well over the 1g mark ...
    ( unusualy body pain, depresion lasting several days, nasal pathways are demolished, ... )

all in all .... i would say the difference is only in that WOOOOOOOAAAAH that 4-mmc had... but the wooaah is still here but it's only wooooaaaaaaah :) i hope it makes sense.
    for my friend it's the most similar thing to 4-mmc; 4-mec and 4-emc are not even close

enjoy .)

9. Easter

Easter Newbie

Reputation Points:

Tryed this one time. Very nice substance, feels like amph and a bit of mdma feeling. Its closer to 4mmc than 4mec.

Dosages:
    Iv - 100mg
    Nasal - 0,2-0,3 gram
    Oral - pretty much the same as nasal. Very nice high

10. Großschmackhaft

Großschmackhaft Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

We should call this triphedrone. All in favor?

11. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

First reports of a casualty possibly related to 3-MMC use coming out of Sweden. A friend of the victim writes on the Swedish board Flashback that his friend had taken 250 mg 3-MMC orally, followed by 150 mg nasal. His friend reported that he saw "white dots" and felt dizzy and was very anxious, enough for his friend to finally call an ambulance. 20 minutes later he was dead, and the medics were unable to resuscitate.

This is all the information thus far. Maybe this was a bad reaction, maybe it was a tainted batch, maybe the person was on some kind of medication. Nevertheless, this is currently a very popular RC among some people here, with users consuming grams a day. The Swedish authorities had already given notification that 3-MMC is to become classified as a narcotic substance sometime in the coming months before this tragic event happened.

Tread lightly.

12. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:

i had some cardiac issues on this substance ( took 40 mg starter )... i never had those issues on other substances i tried. 3-MMC is cardiotoxic, just check out the other 3-MMC experiences thread.

13. Boltzmann

Boltzmann Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Lodewijkp: There is a difference between being cardiotoxic and being hard on the heart. You've posted that this is cardiotoxic (without evidence for that statement) a number of places around the forum.

You mean that it is very hard on the heart and cardiovascular system, which I do not doubt it to be.

14. Großschmackhaft

Großschmackhaft Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

It is very likely cardiotoxic, as 5-HT-2B agonism has been shown to cause heart valve fibrosis and at least 4-mmc is a 5-HT-2B agonist. But of course the cardiotoxicity has not been proven and likely never will be.

15. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Newbie

Reputation Points:

Cite a source, please.

16. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
  17. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i have to revise my previous opinion...someone i knew who is very good with chemistry ( he makes and sells all kinds of RCs ) made 3-mmc that is 95,7% pure.

in low dosages of 25 to 50 mg i had very good results WITHOUT tolerance , still the come up isn't that good there is still some tachycardia and anxiety ( just feeling of pending doom ) that hangs around for some time until it goes towards the peak.

i have found that dosages of 50 mg produce nice light effects without many side effects and comedown. i've also done 100 mg of this high quality 3-MMC which did not produce many side effects aside from some tachycardia which was peculair. Anything above 100 mg only gave horrid comedowns ( still relatively low compared to 4-mec etc ) and some hangovers and dysphoria the following day.

i have done so many chemicals and i know when something is cardiotoxic, i don't have evidence aside from some nasty tachycardia.

if you just want to enhance your experience just 50 mg is enough when gaming, on the dancefloor or meditating. Anything above 100 mg gives unpleasant side effects and comedown.

i think people are better off if they take 4-FA and maybe 50 mg of 4-MMCa few hours later ( no redose or other bullshit) and don't use 3-mmc more than once every 2 weeks, one or more months. if you do higher dosages it's just better to avoid taking this more than once a month ( or 3 months,). i believe 3-MMC is cardiotoxic in large dosages so maybe it's better if low dosages like 50 mg are combined with other less toxic drugs.

if this stuff make you urinate alot just take 300 mg of thiamine

i use 100 mg of aspirin because it prevents the chance of heartproblems by 50 % ( i don't trust 3-MMC ), if you do experience tachycardia on 3-MMC do not lie down, just move around doing stuff and keep moving ( like walking ) stimulate your circulation )

18. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    there is cross tolerance between LSA and 3-MMC

19. uncle_bud

uncle_bud Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Are there any known active metabolites? Would 3-MMC break down to 3-methylephedrine like 4-MMC brakes down to 4-methylephedrine?

20. Boltzmann

Boltzmann Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, one can safely assume that 3-MMC is metabolized similarly and that 3-methylephedrine is its primary metabolite. That must play a role in its cardiovascular risks.