Drug info - 4-AcO-MET Drug Info

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by QGdoxl, Mar 2, 2006.

1. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    F friend of mine has aquired 100mg of this new compound I have never heard of I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this one or know anything about it. I was told that it is supposed to be quite like mushies but arn't a lot of the mipt dipt and det ones along those lines too? I have never had any experience with any of the tryptamines just some of the phens. Sounds like some research comming up ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  2. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    (A long way to say your guess is probably as good as mine)

This is very much a little researched compound. Even the TiHKAL entry on 4-HO-MET is kind of sparse. It may be slightly more gradual than it’s 4-HO counterpart or it could have considerably more of a tendency to cause akathisia (nervous ‘got to move’ feeling, rocking back & forth, marching in place, etc.) and/or muscle twitches/tremors. None of this is based on empirical research just a ‘best guess’ extrapolation from the reports people post on the similarities and differences of other 4th position tryptamines.

Best to start real low just to be on the safe side. It could be fully active at 10 milligrams if it is similar in potency to its 4-HO counterpart or it could be notably weaker if it follows the 4-AcO-MiPT / 4-HO-MiPT relationship. The source for the material may or may not have more information about its effect in vivo when compared to the dearth of data in general circulation in open-source places.

I bet this was about as helpful as mud huh?

I B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  3. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Well not as much as I had hopped for but better than mud. The TiHKAL link helped as I browsed it earlier and missed the entry so thanks. ftr I was told between 10-20mg

4. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    my dog's uncle's labrats always start with 1/10 active dose, just in case.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I look forward to a report on this molecule - should your pet cane-toad decide to explore.

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like some interesting material. I had not previously researched this compound but it will probably be similar to psilocin so it seems like something worth looking into. 10mg seems like a good starting dose and it is best to be on the safe side but 20mg would probably be a strong trip. Some dude said he took miprocon (4-ho-mipt) and loved it. Felt like a chemically altered more synthetic version of psilocin. From the readings I think that this compound is probably very similar to 4-ho-mipt. Interesting find to say the least, a more detailed trip report would be

TIHKAL Recommendations:
    OSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

Good luck and write a trip report somewhere there isnt much information out there on this chemical. It could be a really nice compound it seems that alot of Shulgins drugs full potential are just starting to be discovered. DOC for instance has been around for a while but within the last year it's popularity has EXPLODED. THis isnt necessarily a good thing, it just goes to show that there are chemicals out there that are unresearched that might be prefered over more well known chemicals. Sounds like something some dude would want to try one day. Higher doses might have more to offer because the difference between 20mgand 25mg is a lot. Shulgin even says that these are generalized doses and durations so start with a low dose just to be safe. peace peace

7. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If 4-HO/ACO-MIPT is very very similar to psilocin/psilocybin (which most people, myself included, seem to think it is) then one could conjecture that 4-HO/ACO-MET (and for that matter 4-HO/ACO-MPT) would also be very very similar to psilocin/psilocybin. It will be interesting to hear if that turns out to be the case.

8. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sound was felt! This sounds very interesting indeed.

9. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I remember that someone was going to synth this a long time ago and never got around to it. very interesting compound from what I gather. glad to hear that its finally available at least for someone. if youre looking for something experientially new however... id say this is not your best bet seeing as all the XXXocins are basically interchangable as far as effects go... at least thats what I think and swim seems to have a good amount of experience 4 of the variations.

10. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree with fatal's opinion on the 4-AcO,HO substances. Although, 4-AcO/HO-MET did sound the most interesting out of them all.

11. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    swim actually don't have tryptamines only phens but due to such a small amount availible I don't want to waste too much. My friends testing will start at 5 then 10 then 12-15 and see what happes from there will keep you informed some time over the next week or so

edit:too bad it was all a wast of time turns out the substance was bunk :(

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  12. illuminati boy

Reputation Points:
    Since these two appear to be floating around and there is VERY little data on them; I am adding a 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MET survey to the big survey list. They should be up and running at this time. So if anyone has any experiential data points from their guinea pigs, rhesus monkeys, etc. the can enter data there. The two new surveys can be found here:
    {Edit no responses to the surveys on 4-HO-MET / 4-AcO-MET}

I B

13. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I must respectfully disagree with that statement. I find them at least as different from one another as the 2C-x's are, for example. Some of them I don't like at all, yet others are among his favorites. I will agree, however, that the 4-substituent doesn't seem to make as much of a difference as the n-substituents do (e.g. 4-HO-MIPT and 4-AcO-MIPT are not as different from one another as are 4-AcO-MIPT and 4-AcO-DIPT). There's no way that I could possibly mistake 4-HO-MIPT for 4-AcO-DIPT in a blind test IMO.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  14. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I can agree with the fact that clearly all the different chemicals of this variety have subtle differences. consider the fact though that a conoisseur of psychedelic compounds clearly would notice more of the subtle qualities in a drug and be able to discern between some similar compounds. swim told me that he feels that the ho-mipt/aco-dipt example is a good one because they are clearly two very different chemicals while retaining major similarities. the bottom line though is that it is highly unlikely that your averagedrug user is notgoing to be able to discern between 4-ho-dmt/dipt/mipt/met/etc. Another good example though of the differences in this pattern is 4-ho-amt which i recall has a radically different effect than do the others as it has a different character and a longer duration. this however is a very rare compound even in labratory research.

15. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    i do apologise for what will follow but farkin forgive me its day fuckin 15 and im almost punching holes in walls atm,lol so..

akathisia? its that how we call it now? so from now on ill tell people i havent been TWEAKIN for the last 5yrs but only been slightly akathistic?

oh my...i am an akathist

(i actually had a very much a smarter reply involving an analysis of sturcture/effects of reducing potency in the N,N-di-supstitution going from dimethyl being on the top and isopropyl on the bottom, along with the comparison w 4 xx supstitution, but fukkit dat will have to wait)

16. illuminati boy

Reputation Points:
    From the Scottish Medical Journal (SMJ 2001;46: 133-134):

“Akathisia is a relatively common side effect of antipsychotic medication, although other drugs including antidepressants, metoclopramide, some calcium channel blockers, dopamine agonists, amphetamine and buspirone have all been shown to cause it. The symptoms consist of objective and subjective components. Subjectively there are symptoms of dysphoria including tension, panic, irritability and impatience2 and objectively there are movements usually taking the form of shuffling of feet while sitting and pacing or rocking while standing. Fidgety leg movements may occur while lying down.3 The differential diagnosis includes agitation secondary to psychotic symptoms, the restless legs syndrome, anxiety, drug withdrawal states and a number of neurological disorders.”

So yea if it is amphetamine induced it is textbook Akathisia.

I B

(Done with tangent… back to the very interesting sounding 4-AcO-MET / 4-HO-MET)

17. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    well we akathists have these long periods of time just to think, see w insomnia an all so here it is inna nutshell:

observe 2 separate things the N,N-di supstitution of the amino group and the 4 supstitution.

DMT,MET,DET,DPT on one hand and MiPT and DiPT on other. the longer the N-susps. chain the longer the experience but the overall intensity is lower. actually i think that the only thing that the supstitution does is it delays the metabolic rate, ie DPT last longer than DMT, etc

this reasoning would make DiPT the shittiest in the bunch, with DMT being the prime thing. however i dare you to make any difference between DET&MET as it is kinda hard with the DiPT&MiPT, apart in the dosage.

now for the weird part-ill introduce something id like to call the mushroom rating.
    you know who certain mushrooms are more stonding and more mind focued while others more stimulative but light on the mind?
    well lets consider that one of the compounds of the mushroom duo is responcible for the more body-relaxed&mind focused while other is responcible for the stimulation and just fun.

so after some copious abuse we made a comparison between 4OH-DMT and 4AcO-DMT and the 4xx MiPT/DiPTs, assuming that 4AcO-DMT and psylocybin have the simmilar if not the same effect.

so what all agreed on was that the stony-mind one, the more serious "mushroom rating" would w/out doubts go to the 4OH- supstitution.

so after all of this semi-educated bullshit id assume that 4OH-MET be more simmilar to 4OH-MiPT or "the serious mushies". so for a nice 30grm mexicana cubensis like trip I would take ~15-18mgs. hows that for a educated guess?!?

so for 4AcO following that reasoning would be the equivalent dose of 22-25mg. swim sent out the hounds so hes expecting to be seeing some 4aco-met before souclipse.yippey!
    akathist btw is a sorta of a religious hymn

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  18. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    ...the 4AcO-MET was supplyed as ~20mg in caps. Naturally being the paranoid fuck as I am, the five doses that were acquired were opened and measured revealing an off white powder, slightly yellow or maybe brownish, all measured to be 18 to 21mg. The person assured swim that the substance was made less than 7 days ago.

the overall exp was as predicted by the akathist, there was no profound "mind trip", the trip was very visual, altho rather short, some 4hrs in total.

since I am not of a trip report sort, and elaborate stories about getting lost in the middle of rain and unknown turkish idea of soulclipse, here are the list of effects:
    -nausea at come up at 3 of 5 swims and swimettes
    -pronounced stimulation, which lasted throughout the trip
    -increased muscus production, accompanyed by one uncontrolable crying...well leaking of eye sockets is more appropriate term, since there was a lot of laughter involved
    -OEVs and CEVs
    -pronounced lucidity in all of the subjects, which kinda killed the trip, if the substance lasted longer than just 3-4 hours, it would have been branded boring by the swims and swimettes, since they all enjoy a good mind fuck.

overall compared to other tryptamines I has tryed, the closest would be probably 4aco-mipt or higher dose of 4aco-dipt, the only difference being that the 4aco-met was slighly more intense, on the physical level (the overall stimulation).

again swim, since hes a paranoid bastard, has his doubts about this exp, and since there is no way to actually confirm that the substance ingested was actually 4aco-met, altho the supplyer can be trusted, I would like to leave a grain of doubt in the whole report.

19. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Btw, are the names for these methocin (for 4-ho-met) and methacetyl (for 4-ace-met)? They would seem logical compared to miprocin (4-ho-mipt) or ethocin (4-ho-det) etc..

20. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    How long do you suppose the shelf life is on this one in a plastic baggie and then a brown envlope to keep light out.

thanks
    ps is it bad if the powder is brown?