Storing - 4-aco-mipt shelf life

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Niteflights, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Does anyone know what the average shelf life of carefully kept 4-aco-mipt? Isn't this one of the delicate ones?
    Cheers,
    Niteflights

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
  2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Is it the fumurate? That should last longer but there is really no telling. Hopefully you got the fumurate salt!

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Airtight. Frozen. Allow to reach ambient (room temperature) before transfer. Reseal & Freeze. This will allow it to last longer than any other method at most people's disposal. Period. No guarantees it will outlive the monkey.

4. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    (I'd be inclined to take a half-year's supply out'n the freezer at any one time, to minimize the cycle of thaw-unseal-weigh-seal-freeze [and to keep that bit of it in the dark, dry and slightly below room temperature, sealed alongside a dessicant]—but that's just me, maybe. A local lab has had the somewhat more stable 4-HO-MiPT under such conditions for over 6 months with no obvious signs of degradation.)

But if you want a number? The average? No such monster existo. Belly Solly. Tell your labmonkeys to have fun!

xo

gb

5. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    keep it cold and dark. and pray. its not terribly stable. if youre looking for an Research Chemical that will remain stable for long periods of time i would suggest staying away from any tryptamine based compounds and their unusual sensitive nature. however in my experience he tells me that acomipt and homipt are both fairly stable just being left out in room temp on the measure of months. years? who knows.
    :joint:

6. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SWIBL's 4-aco-mipt was kept in his closet at room temp. for about 6 months, no noticable loss of potency, SWIBL has also hear that 4-aco-mipt is the most stable one of the 4-aco compounds.

he had also read something about a guy that kept his 4-aco-mipt in his pocket for quite a while, and there wasn't any loss of potency either.

7. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The chemistry of the 4HO compounds is very similar to the mushrooms. In fact, psilocin is 4HO-DMT. They seem to be similarly unstable, avoid exposure to air and moisture.

Just like shroms, I keep 4HO-DiPT, 4HO-MiPT, or the equivalent 4-AcO's ( essentially same thing ) vacuum packed, in the freezer. So far no degradation noticed in any.

BTW, the fumarate salt DOES NOT mean it is more stable. The 4HO part of the molecule is still the same. Fumarate means only it is the addition salt of the fumaric acid, each molecule of the fumaric acid attaches by weak hydrogen bonds to two 4HO's molecules. It is essentially the same as the hydrochloride or sulfate salt. Then the acids used to make the addition salt are respectively HCl or H2SO4. In the case of the HCl salt, each molecule of HCl attaches only to one molecule of the 4HO-MiPT ( or 4-AcO-MiPT ).

The H-bonds are in between the N ( nitrogen atoms ) in the tryptamine and H ( hydrogen atoms ) in the acid.

8. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    i thought it still wasn't totally clear if 4-aco was practically the same as 4-ho. there was a lot of discussion about this, one person says 4-ho-dipt produced same effects etc. as 4-aco-dipt, the other says they produces notable different effects. and some said 4-ho is broken down into 4-aco in the body, but this was also questionable. am I just not up to date or are is there new info available that I missed?

9. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think 4-AcO-MiPT after ingested reacts with water ( maybe need some enzime to do it ) and becomes 4HO-MiPT and acetic acid.

Same for 4-AcO-DiPT, it becomes 4HO-DiPT and acetic acid.

Similarly, psilocibin, after ingested, becomes psilocin and phosphoric acid.

I was unable to tell 4-AcO-DiPT from 4HO-DiPT, but also Iprocin and Miprocin are kind of moody, alone or in combination. When everything goes OK it is fine, but each time different.

The overrall effect the same, but sometimes it is good roll, then not so nice, then when you expect a bad one, it is nice, etc. Miprocin usually harsher, worse comedown, it was surprinsingly nice and smooth once.

Have seen other posts saying the same about Iprocin and Miprocin.

10. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    i have noticed a strange thing, there is a noticable reaction of the 4OH/4AcO compounds with paper, the paper with powder turns dark blue/black.everytime.weird.

11. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Daeron :

This is just a guess, not sure, but ...

I think the 4HO / 4-AcO is reacting with moisture in the paper. Or maybe the HCl attached to the tryptamine is. Try adding some dessicant and keeping in an air tight container.

Best of all, vacuum pack it, avoid both air and moisture, as said before.

12. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Oxidation due to the agents used to bleach the paper. If you dilute down the colour formed (very heavily dilute as the colours are very intense), you'll find that it varies according to the N,N-dialkyl groups. The oxidation products of 4-hydroxytryptamines are related to the dye isatin, which is an intebse dye that give indigo it's colour. N,N-dimethyl (psilocin) turns a blue colour, N-methyl-N-isopropyl a brownish/tan colour, N,N-di-isopropyl a shit brown colour (someone else's colourful description!) and I believe N,N-diethyl produces a green colour.

If anybody has any other N,N-substitution pattern 4-hydroxytryptamines, would they like to oxidize a tiny amount and report back on the colour obtained? The obvious candidates are N-methgyl-N-ethyl & N,N-diallyl, but any other would also be interesting

13. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I've had miprocin (4-ho-mipt hcl) in gelcaps on my (dark) shelf for almost 3 years now and I have not noticed any loss of potency so far. If mipracetyl is more stable, it should be fine for a few years in dark and dry.

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Just remember the basic "Enemies of the State" (the State being the original molecular form) - heat, light, oxygen. So unless your monkey has access to a vacuum flask and a tank of liquid helium...you know what you gotta do, cowboy.