Storing - 4-aco research chemicals storage?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by drugs-bunny, Jan 3, 2006.

1. drugs-bunny

drugs-bunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    so how can you best keep your 4-aco-* chemicals stored? apparently solutions don't work. i read that the best thing is keeping it frozen, but what if i can't keep it in a freezer? how long do you think that it can stay good if it is kept in a cool garage (in the winter it can get pretty cool in this garage,here in holland)
    and in a dark and dry place? it is in powderform and it is a HCL, i don't know it that matters (to be exact, i'm talking about 4-aco-MIPT)?
    if any of you know any other good ways to store these chems, please share it with us.

i know this subject has been covered, but i just wanted to see what all the final thoughts are.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  2. drugs-bunny

drugs-bunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    oh yeah, forgot. could the 4-aco-mipt be stored in a fridge for a "long time" (approx. 3 months or so) without losing (a lot) of it's potency?

3. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    store in original packaging, put in a Ziploc bag, away from light and heat, with a dessicant thrown in for good measure. all this freezing refreezing stuff without proper handling just exposes the substance to moisture adsorption / loss which will inevitably lead to organic breakdown and loss of potency.

4. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How much heat are you saying, nothing above___? <

How about those oxygen absorber packets I hear about. Do they work if there placed into a glass jar holding the "original packaging, put in a Ziploc bag, away from light and heat" as well?
    Swim thanks you.

5. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ambient (room) temp is fine. dessicant i refer to is the O2 remover you mentioned.

6. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've had 4-aco-dipt and 4-aco-mipt stored in non-airtight gel caps for over a year. It did discolor, but there was no noticable loss in potency.

7. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    4 aco DIPT oxidizes. it will degrade over time. 4 aco mipt does so also but at about 1/10000th the rate so its fairly safe at room temperature. 4-aco-det is so hygroscopic it turns into goo when you open the bag or at least thats my exerience.

8. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    About the only way to keep 4-tryptamines from oxidizing is to purge the oxygen by flushing with dry argon or nitrogen or helium first then sealing the bag/ container. Visit your welders supply or party ballon place..........

9. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    so the 4-aco-MIPT will not degrade at roomtemperature?

10. joachimist

joachimist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    4-AcO-MIPT conservation

i've keep some 4-aco-mipt for 2 months now in a classic small plastic bag, opened regulary ;) at room temp (well it's so cold at my place even my fridge seems hot), i've been also carrying it in my pocket, so at "body temp" for few days, i've also forget to close the bag for one night.
    All this was of course done for research purpose
    The result was "no perciptible degradation" from what my speaking-rats told me.

But if you plane serious research on effects and doses you should not use my "conservation protocole" of course.

11. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If your sample is not comtaminated then there is no reason why it should degrade @ RT or less if protected from humidity and oxygen

12. transgalacticambassador

transgalacticambassador Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: what does everybody think about 4-aco storage?

Is the possible contamination from some some exogenous source of the oxygen in the powder. What about any safe to ingest oxygen absorbents added to thi drug powder/airtight capsules?

T.G.A

13. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Re: what does everybody think about 4-aco storage?

SWIM mixed a half gram of 4-aco-dmt in everclear and it stayed VERY potent for the few months he had it. No apparant change in color. Too bad his lab did way too much research on it ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006