1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Other - 4-HO-aMT?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by grandbaby, Sep 14, 2006.

1. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    May 2, 2006
    51 y/o
    Some of AMT's properties seem very attractive to SWIM. However, it seems like a very rough chemical on the body, much too long-lived for SWIM's liking, and with potentially too many negative side effects.

I suggested to SWIM that perhaps he might look into a 4-HO or 4-AcO version of AMT, in the hopes that it might retain some of the positives and attenuate some of the negatives of the Naked Molecule. Then I did some googling for him and found virtually nothing on 4-HO-AMT and nothing at all on 4-AcO-AMT. Considering the apparent popularity of the 4-Hydroxy/Acetoxy esters of MiPT, DiPT, DET, etc., this was rather surprising to me.

Shulgin does have this to say about it, though, under the AMT heading:

The 4-hydroxy analogue of a-MT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea.

I reported back to SWIM that he had best not search out a custom synthesis. But I told him I'd ask you fine folks. Has anyone here heard of anyone who may have researched this chem?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 1, 2005
    Not being scientific here, but rather observational - it would seem that dropping an OH on the 4 - position attenuates the main effects of the tryptamines. With a-MT it would be easy to see this would be greater visual effects. But also the more negative aspects as well. And for a-MT this would be dizziness, tachycardia, and a host of other negatives.

Looks like a-MT is likely as good as this one gets. But I have heard some interesting reports about both a 5 and 6-Fluoro-a-MT having interesting effects. The search continues.