Other - 4-HO-aMT?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by grandbaby, Sep 14, 2006.

1. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    Some of AMT's properties seem very attractive to SWIM. However, it seems like a very rough chemical on the body, much too long-lived for SWIM's liking, and with potentially too many negative side effects.

I suggested to SWIM that perhaps he might look into a 4-HO or 4-AcO version of AMT, in the hopes that it might retain some of the positives and attenuate some of the negatives of the Naked Molecule. Then I did some googling for him and found virtually nothing on 4-HO-AMT and nothing at all on 4-AcO-AMT. Considering the apparent popularity of the 4-Hydroxy/Acetoxy esters of MiPT, DiPT, DET, etc., this was rather surprising to me.

Shulgin does have this to say about it, though, under the AMT heading:

The 4-hydroxy analogue of a-MT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea.

I reported back to SWIM that he had best not search out a custom synthesis. But I told him I'd ask you fine folks. Has anyone here heard of anyone who may have researched this chem?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not being scientific here, but rather observational - it would seem that dropping an OH on the 4 - position attenuates the main effects of the tryptamines. With a-MT it would be easy to see this would be greater visual effects. But also the more negative aspects as well. And for a-MT this would be dizziness, tachycardia, and a host of other negatives.

Looks like a-MT is likely as good as this one gets. But I have heard some interesting reports about both a 5 and 6-Fluoro-a-MT having interesting effects. The search continues.

Tags: