Dose - 4-ho-DIPT (Iprocin) dose

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by anj0vis, Dec 30, 2005.

1. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I wanted to start a small thread about people's opinions of Iprocin dosage. Erowid lists doses at the moment as follows:
    -----
    Oral 4-Hydroxy-DiPT Dosages
    Threshold 3 - 5 mg
    Light 5 - 10 mg
    Common 10 - 20 mg
    Strong 15 - 30 mg
    -----

Now, I state beforehand that I have high respect for Erowid and their decision to state as accurate as possible, but rather on the low-side than on the high-side. Still, I wanted to know what other people would judge iprocin's dose-chart to be. From my ~10 experiences so far I'd rate it like this:

Threshold 3 - 8 mg
    Light 8 - 16 mg
    Common 15 - 30 mg
    Strong 30 - 50 mg
    Heavy 50mg+

These are quite different from Erowid's, but they are from my own experiences only. Now, shoot me down with your opinions or praise my judgement. I wish to see how many have similar responses to mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i would agree with your dosage scale more than erowids.

Iprocin was not very strong for me up to 26mg, and i am somewhat sensitive to 4 hydroxy tryptamines.

3. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'd agree with your scale except I'd drop the lower threshold of 'strong' down to 25mg.

4. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I can get a good strong trip from Iprocin on 25 to 30 mg as long as my stomach is empty. I have found that food in the stomach can greatly reduce the effectiveness of Iprocin.

5. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Iprocin seems to be quick to metabolize, since it is so fast acting. I've had iprocin pills of 15mg and they were nearly non-functional until I crashed them and ate in powder form. Some enzyme in the stomache (also) propably breaks it down, since it is affected so much by the form of digestion. In hard-pressed pills they might have been dissolved so slowly that the enzyme breaking it down in the stomache could almost process iprocin as fast as it was dissolved from the pill. This is only speculation, better informed people can correct me.

6. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I certainly agree with your chrat over rowid's. For SWIM, 25mgs is petty ho-hum but Erowid claims it to be 'strong'. Maybe I am just tolerant of it

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The word 'sensitive' also comes to mind. Many people have a profound reaction to smaller amounts of x,y,z than do others. Best to tread lightly until one establishes their own terrain.

8. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    This reminds me about Miprocin dose. In this case Erowid suggestions are much closer to my own findings. Erowid gives strong dose with 18-30mg, I'd say this is very good. Heavy is around the corner somewhere at 40mg. I'd like to hear that are those who are sensitive to iprocin also sensitive to miprocin or is miprocin dose more "stable" across the population?