Drug info - 4-ho-dipt (iprocin ) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by pancho, Aug 18, 2004.

1. pancho

pancho Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Please post info about 4-HO-DIPT here.
    Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 4-HO-MIPT should be posted here: 4-ho-dipt trip reports
    These documents about 4-HO-DIPT are in the file archive

Also see this threads:
    4-HO-DiPT Effects and Ratings Survey Results

Our members list varying dosage & duration. Dosage ranging from 10 - 78 mg. Duration ranging from 2 - 5.5 hours.
    Most list good effects around 18-20 mg 4-HO-DIPT. 12 - 15 mg 4-HO-DIPT seems a good beginners dose. 4-HO-DIPT can be inpredictable in the sense that the same dose may work one time, but may not work the next time. It is unclear if this is due to compound quality or due to pharmacology

__________________________________________________ __________________

I read somewhere that this is a synthetic version of shrooms. I was just wondering how it compares and if its worth it to go out and find some. I checked erowid but i never really get what some people on there say about there experiances

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the effects are like shrooms but not quite as intense or long lasting well if you take a small does anyway.it is compared in thikal to lsd beacsue of its very rapid onset of effects which happen roughly 10-15 minitues into it and then thingsgets more visual for the next 2-2.5 hours the just finishes very sharply.so its really cool to just get a really high buzz, and then just be at basline just over 2hrs later,so its definaltey a nice change from the usualhalf day to day-longexcursions trips.

3. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it is NOT a "synthetic version of shrooms" - this is how a particular online vendor advertised it as. It is a different chemical altogether.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    TIHKAL #17. 4-HO-DIPT

TRYPTAMINE, 4-HYDROXY-N,N-DIISOPROPYL; 4-INDOLOL, 3-[2-(DIISOPROPYLAMINO)ETHYL]; 4-HYDROXY-N,N-DIISOPROPYLTRYPTAMINE; 3-[2-(DIISOPROPYLAMINO)ETHYL]-4-INDOLOL

DOSAGE
    : 15 - 20 mg, orally
    DURATION : 2 - 3 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 10 mg, orally) "I feel it in my legs! Within the hour I have leg tremors, a mild physical awareness for another hour. Mentally, probably nothing."

(with 15 mg, orally) "There was an alerting, noisy and nice, in 30 minutes. I swear I am already there. Nice friendly place. Perhaps some light tension, like a chill, maybe my body temperature response is confused. At the two hour point I am substantially out of the experience. Short, intense experience, basically enjoyable. Another hour and I am back to where I started in every way."

(with 20 mg, orally) "It has a bitter taste. Early signs noted at 15-20 minutes which include mild sensation of central stimulation, 'loosening' of muscles in arms, legs, and neck. Mild distortion of objects and slight color effects, typically 'rainbow halos' around objects. Plateau reached in 20 minutes. Mild elation with relatively simple intellectual musings about the nature of the compound and how one could describe the nature of the state of mind and body caused by this material. 2.0 hours, mild effects. 2.5 hours, nearly normal. Mild but entirely pleasant experience with rather abrupt termination of effects. Could be a good candidate for psychotherapy sessions, certainly good for 'novice' introduction to hallucinogens."

(with 20 mg, orally) "Fifteen minutes, it starts and develops fast -- very nice -- some leg tremor. Thirty minutes, I am already well over a plus 2. Speed of onset is incredible -- I could not drive -- I feel robbed of voluntary action. Forty minutes, this could not get any deeper. Fifty minutes, incredible orgasm. Fifty five minutes, I struggle to put a name to it, just +++ smashed -- with eyes closed very little -- I am somewhat chilled -- no visual, no sensory, this seems like an extreme Aleph-7 beth state as it was described in PIHKAL. One hour ten minutes, Rubenesque fancy -- no sex but back-to-mother cuddly imagery -- removed from physical angles. One hour thirty minutes, go for two very significant pieces of wood for the fireplace -- if all my actions are preprogrammed and I am following commands, then I have no free will -- if the command is 'to have free will', then I obey. Whom? Who? Why obey an undefined, unheard commander? Still +++. Nothing is inventive, all is preprogrammed. One hour forty minutes, back to ++, still very much in the grips of 'lack of self determination.' I could function rationally in the lab, but following 'whose' directions? Is this finally God? Is this a religious experience? One hour fifty minutes, down to +, This has to have been a religious awakening. Two hours, still a little zombie-like, but largely down. Two hours twenty minutes, I am still shaken to my roots by these realizations. Three hours, completely together."

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : I truly doubt that there is another psychedelic drug, anywhere, that can match this one for speed, for intensity, for brevity, and sensitive to dose, at least one that is active orally. These reports have been taken from different experimenters, but they share some rather consistent features:

Speed: The effects are noted with a quarter hour following ingestion. LSD is one of the few psychedelic drugs that can show its early effects in the first few minutes. This suggests fundal absorption.

Intensity: The second 20 milligram report sounds as if there was some flirting with the magical plus-four transcendental peak experience. I happened to be the subject, and I was impressed.

Brevity: To be on a trip and then to be back pretty much in two hours and really baseline in another hour? Most unusual. If there will ever be an acceptance of drugs such as these, in a psychotherapeutic context, a short duration is of extreme value to both the patient and the therapist.

Sensitivity to dose: There have been a number of trials at and below the 10 milligram bottom, and most have been substantially without activity. And yet, there have been no trials at higher than 20 milligrams, as far as I know. That is a lot of steepness in the dose-response curve.

And similar comments can be made regarding the consistency of physical side-effects. There seemed to be a muscular tremor, and a vague body malaise, that is part of the trip. At least when the psyche got going, the body going got less noticeable.

An interesting sideline. This is the same nitrogen substitution pattern, N,N-diisopropyl, that is present in the rather dramatic sex-enhancer 5-MeO-DIPT. I wonder what might come out of an exploration of this substitution pattern in the world of the phenethylamines? As a rule, most phenethylamines lose their appeal with substitution on the nitrogen atom. But has anyone tried to make an N,N-diisopropyl homologue of MDMA, for example? Or of mescaline? Or of DOM? It would be interesting to explore these areas.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  5. Lynchx

Lynchx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    4-ho-dipt is a great experience only had the chance to do it 1 time and it was at the 20mg range and I had a awsome experience but not my fav.

6. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    it interesting material and the body load is'nt all that bad either which is nice

7. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    true. one of the easiest for body load that I have come across.

8. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    5meo-mipt is very easy on the body too,safe and natural feeling at small ammounts anyway

9. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    iprocin (4-ho-dipt) is further from mushrooms than miprocin (4-ho-mipt), in my opinion

10. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have some of this compound on the way to me. I was anxious to experiment with it after reading the TihKal entry for it. The come up time is exceedingly quick, and i have read multiple trip reports where people have experienced a peak twice on the same trip. Plus the short duration seems to make it a perfect canidate for an after work trip during the work week where one still needs to maintain a normal sleep cycle.

11. diggitydawg

diggitydawg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20mg was a little to strong for me..........i got lost in the visuals in the clouds and was overwhelmed so i think 15 might be better.......either that or maybe i won't fast for so long before hand........does stomach content have anything to do with how much is absorbed or does it just increase / decrease the onset time??

12. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what liquid did you use?i could not get it to dissolveevenly in bottled water.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  13. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    it is not very soluble to water, but I managed to get it into water/ethanol mixture by letting it stand for a few days and shaking every now and then.

14. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Are you talking about 4-HO-DIPT, 4-AcO-DIPT, or 5-MeO-DMT? No
    idea on solubility of the latter (but why would you want to dissolve
    it?). The first two should dissolve OK as follows: try a
    little dilute acid (like vitamin C powder or lemon juice)
    and warm the mixture in a pan of hot water, swirling/shaking
    occasionally. Should go in at 1
    mg/mL, aqueous. The acid helps solubilize the alkaloid.
    Won't degrade if kept frozen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  15. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks gn2osis,i will try your method if i can get some more.i suppose this would work with other rc's that dont dissolve well?

16. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Generally yes for 4-T's and 2C's, but other things like 5-MeO-T's might
    need to be more dilute, e.g. 1 mg per 5 mL. Otherwise 1 mg/mL is
    a good general thing to shoot for. I can't stress enough how
    important it is to have consistency so as to avoid mistakes (e.g.
    measuring while partially distracted by other ongoing experiments). good luck

17. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It is not an MAOI.

18. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    yes yes, 1mg/ml is no problem, I tried to get 20-40mg/ml solution as I did with 2c-e and that was a bit problem..

19. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Lemon juice / dilute acid helps it dissolve, as does shaking with warming.

20. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yes Alfa. I've tried 3 times 4-HO-DiPT..First time we had + nothing special. Just feeling different..

Then the second time, we took more Iprocin (25 mg) and it came up
    slowely..At one point we started to smoke some good marijuana and hasj
    and this boosted the trip extremely! The sound was so perfect, I was
    amazed and I couldn't believe that his notebookspeakers could produce
    such fine and loud noise..You could hear every sound and Kraftwork was
    perfect for this trip..

The second time we took more Iprocin (about 30mg) the Iprocin kicked in
    after 15 mins (very fast, last 2 times it took much more time)and
    started to develop really fast. At one point I was thinking this was
    too much. But after 1 hour it just stopped at ++ more visuals than
    usual (still not much though) and at 1.50 the trip was over. I did
    smoke 1 joint during the trip but it was too late, because it already