Experiences - 4-ho-dipt trip reports

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Ledus, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Ledus

Ledus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Please add your experiences with 4-ho-dipt here. Please add dosage, route and duration to the top of your post like this:

Dosage: 20 mg
    Route: Orally
    Duration: 3 hours

Info about this drug (other than experiences) should be discussed here: 4-ho-dipt (iprocin )
    These documents about 4-HO-DIPT are in the file archive

When posting a experience, please describe:
    • body weight & gender
    • dose taken
    • route of administration
    • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
    • duration of main effects
    • main effects
    • side effects
    • after effects
    • rating of the experience
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential
    _________________________________________________________________________________

I heard of a new lsd substitute in town (in Thailand) called 4H-O dipped. Has anyone ever heard of this? It supposedly is just as strong a trip as LSD, but I would like to find some more info before venturing into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    and here is the entry for it in Tihkal

DOSAGE : 15 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 2 - 3 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 10 mg, orally) "I feel it in my legs! Within the hour I have leg tremors, a mild physical awareness for another hour. Mentally, probably nothing."

(with 15 mg, orally) "There was an alerting, noisy and nice, in 30 minutes. I swear I am already there. Nice friendly place. Perhaps some light tension, like a chill, maybe my body temperature response is confused. At the two hour point I am substantially out of the experience. Short, intense experience, basically enjoyable. Another hour and I am back to where I started in every way."

(with 20 mg, orally) "It has a bitter taste. Early signs noted at 15-20 minutes which include mild sensation of central stimulation, 'loosening' of muscles in arms, legs, and neck. Mild distortion of objects and slight color effects, typically 'rainbow halos' around objects. Plateau reached in 20 minutes. Mild elation with relatively simple intellectual musings about the nature of the compound and how one could describe the nature of the state of mind and body caused by this material. 2.0 hours, mild effects. 2.5 hours, nearly normal. Mild but entirely pleasant experience with rather abrupt termination of effects. Could be a good candidate for psychotherapy sessions, certainly good for 'novice' introduction to hallucinogens."

(with 20 mg, orally) "Fifteen minutes, it starts and develops fast -- very nice -- some leg tremor. Thirty minutes, I am already well over a plus 2. Speed of onset is incredible -- I could not drive -- I feel robbed of voluntary action. Forty minutes, this could not get any deeper. Fifty minutes, incredible orgasm. Fifty five minutes, I struggle to put a name to it, just +++ smashed -- with eyes closed very little -- I am somewhat chilled -- no visual, no sensory, this seems like an extreme Aleph-7 beth state as it was described in PIHKAL. One hour ten minutes, Rubenesque fancy -- no sex but back-to-mother cuddly imagery -- removed from physical angles. One hour thirty minutes, go for two very significant pieces of wood for the fireplace -- if all my actions are preprogrammed and I am following commands, then I have no free will -- if the command is 'to have free will', then I obey. Whom? Who? Why obey an undefined, unheard commander? Still +++. Nothing is inventive, all is preprogrammed. One hour forty minutes, back to ++, still very much in the grips of 'lack of self determination.' I could function rationally in the lab, but following 'whose' directions? Is this finally God? Is this a religious experience? One hour fifty minutes, down to +, This has to have been a religious awakening. Two hours, still a little zombie-like, but largely down. Two hours twenty minutes, I am still shaken to my roots by these realizations. Three hours, completely together."

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : I truly doubt that there is another psychedelic drug, anywhere, that can match this one for speed, for intensity, for brevity, and sensitive to dose, at least one that is active orally. These reports have been taken from different experimenters, but they share some rather consistent features:

Speed: The effects are noted with a quarter hour following ingestion. LSD is one of the few psychedelic drugs that can show its early effects in the first few minutes. This suggests fundal absorption.

Intensity: The second 20 milligram report sounds as if there was some flirting with the magical plus-four transcendental peak experience. I happened to be the subject, and I was impressed.

Brevity: To be on a trip and then to be back pretty much in two hours and really baseline in another hour? Most unusual. If there will ever be an acceptance of drugs such as these, in a psychotherapeutic context, a short duration is of extreme value to both the patient and the therapist.

Sensitivity to dose: There have been a number of trials at and below the 10 milligram bottom, and most have been substantially without activity. And yet, there have been no trials at higher than 20 milligrams, as far as I know. That is a lot of steepness in the dose-response curve.

And similar comments can be made regarding the consistency of physical side-effects. There seemed to be a muscular tremor, and a vague body malaise, that is part of the trip. At least when the psyche got going, the body going got less noticeable.

An interesting sideline. This is the same nitrogen substitution pattern, N,N-diisopropyl, that is present in the rather dramatic sex-enhancer 5-MeO-DIPT. I wonder what might come out of an exploration of this substitution pattern in the world of the phenethylamines? As a rule, most phenethylamines lose their appeal with substitution on the nitrogen atom. But has anyone tried to make an N,N-diisopropyl homologue of MDMA, for example? Or of mescaline? Or of DOM? It would be interesting to explore these areas.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    12-hour 4-HO-DiPT (iprocin)... for me. U2?

One shot, and I'm good for the whole day.

I am one of those folks who zooms along for 12 fullhours on 4-HO-DiPT (and 5-MeO-DiPT), though just 4-to-6 on LSD-25.

I would like some help from anyone else who has this same effect (12 hours, rain or shine). I want to know: Are there ANY Research Chemicals which begin to wear-off in the 4-to-6-hour range for you?

Because of my time-expanding experience so far, I am (certainly) reluctant to test the AMT I got a while back (it claims a 17-hour trip ... mine will be? 24 ... 30?).

I am (pretty soon now) going to be able to hunt-down a Source for RCs. Before that magic day, it would be fun to think about possible candidates for experimentation.

4. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    well, iprocin, miprocin (and mushrooms) are short for me. I am surprised it takes 12 hours of iprocin trip for you.. but sure possible, I had another friend with almost as long iprocin trip as that. If mushrooms are short for you, perhaps miprocin works then. My best bet. I personally like both iprocin and miprocin, since I rarely have a whole full day to spend for the experience, family, work yadayada.. for iprocin and miprocin it takes 5-7 hours since eating the capsule into sleep.

5. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIMthinks they can be pretty variable.He too had a 12-hour 4-HO-DIPT trip once, and was pretty shocked. Since then though they've all been 4-6 experiences - very strange.

SWIM also said that on taking AMT he was bracing himself for an 18-hour grueller, and it only lasted 7-8 hours. It's all very odd how variable these durations can be, so I would give a low dose of AMT a go andsee what happens.

6. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    high-dose 4-ho-DIPT (iprocin) experience

Dosage: 78 mg
    Duration: 5.5 hours

45mg of iprocin in water/ethanol solution taken at 8.45. Tastes horrible. 9.10 33mg of iprocin powder taken in a gelcap. I go to a nearby woods to walk around, listening to music all the time. It is quite chilly spring day, so I think it would be better to go to a warm
    place.
    I call a friend, she's home, so I am going to her place. Iprocin is beginning to get a strong grip on me while I am walking to my friend.

9.30 I sit beside a kitchen table and talk with my friend, I am diving deep. She is on a talkative mood, I propably say a few words during his monologue. Finally, after a while that seemed like hours to me but which was propably just 10 minutes, I tell her that I will go lie
    down on the mattress and listen to music. She leaves for work and I am left alone in her apartment. I had an mp3-player with me that had 2GB of ambient and slow tribal music on it. So I hid myself under a blanket, put the music on and closed my eyes. Music took me over. Harmonic oscillations carried me away from this world, to that place where sounds gather around in circles and everything looks like it was shot with a fish-eye lense. Space around me feels quite hollow and very clean. It felt like coming home, coming to a place that always feels somewhat familiar, as if I had lived there for years in some point of time-space. I had seen glimpses of those places on some other trips. There was no me anymore, mostly just emotions and abstract associations linking sounds, visions and other sensations into one big lump that I call "trip".

At some point I wake up from "trip" and get confused about where I am. I don't really care where I am actually, all I remember is I am somewhere safe where nobody will disturb me for a while. Blanket over me seems like a complex spider web, I cannot figure out at all the geometry of it. Somehow I get myself into better position and fall back into the "trip".

I saw a vision of visiting a dumping place where one rummie lived. He was a typical rummie type in the looks, dirty clothes and a small almost burn out cig in his mouth. He had a gasoline can in his other hand that he carried around. I felt like I had known him for ages, I knew his ways and personality. There was something quite twisted and sinister in him that was not apparent to the outside. He had complicated twisted plans to do some things that I cannot remember anymore. There was a fireplace and some thin plastics was burning in there. The fireplace had sounds of lively burning fire with an occasional risping sound coming from the burning plastic.

12.45 Music has a low-tide, I wake up and ego starts landing back to my body. I go through some important bits of my life. I remember have a good job, two kids, loving wife, loan for a new house, friends.. for a brief while everything is crystal clear in my life. The most important things in my life seem so evident, things that I have to do are laid before my inner eyes as clearly as if I was in a restaurant watching my next meal on a plate sitting on a table in front of me. It is not literal sight, but merely a clearly organized sequence of thoughts in my head. I also realize that this clarity will not last forever, it will quickly fade and even the memory of this is just a shadow after a few days.

15.00 I am mostly down. I go home.

Life is simple for a few days. Raising children is hard work, but occasional insights like I had that day help to keep a steady course in life. Now that I write this report it has been a year since that trip and it is mostly blended with other experiences along the years. I still remember the clarity and simplicity of life that I had for a brief time after coming back from the trip.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007
  7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    nice report. Sounds like a really high dose of iprocin. What was your highest dose before this point, and when was your last trip? Even with tolerance that is quite a high dose. Did you feel any nausea during the trip. Very interesting report it sounds like you had a powerful experience from the high dose. Was this "vision" with the eyes open or closed? Were you still under the blanket?

You seem to remember the trip so perfectly, it must have had a prdound influence on you! A year is a long time to be able to remember such vivid deatils. Definitely a good vacation from the everyday hassles of life for a few hours!

8. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I have never really tripped more often than once a week, usually closer to once a month. At that time the last trip had been more than a month earlier. I was eyes closed most of the time and under the blanket the whole time I was "gone". No nausea at all. I don't remember everything anymore, trips like that have so many things that I could write a book about one trip if I could remember every detail. The previous high-dose iprocin had been with 42mg, there is a report about it on erowid

Dosage: 42 mg
    Duration: 5 hours

9. rocky

rocky Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    good to hear that iprocin is still relatively safe at this dose, but as i read in the report there is some memory loss on this dosage level and my dog hates when he experiences something beautiful and can't remember it later. my dog wanted to try iprocin on higher level (more than 35 mg) but he put it aside until he does a little more research. i guess he will be trying it out when another chance comes along. great report and great substance.

btw. do you think people prefer phenetylamines? from reading and talking to people they rather consume 2ci or 2ct2 than iprocin or related substances, my dog doesn't seem it's right since the tryptamines experience is little "richer" (except 2ce, which gives really good quality time compared even to LSD)

did you smoke some pot while tripping? i know it gives a special high on iprocin

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Seems to be survivable at the upper echelon. But the memory loss seems like Bongo would prefer to avoid - unless there was good reason to take a Shamanic venture.

Bongo finds that dreams usually solve the issues without need for other additives. Especially mega-doses. Be carefull. The name for these molecules is Research Chemicals. Not Drink Me from Alice In Wonderland.

Glad you made it home, anjOvis. Make love not war.

11. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    with really high-doses, swim almost never smoke weed. To them it makes the trip less clear, less insightful and more difficult to remember. Very high-dose experiences have always memory loss with them (also with mushrooms, lsd, 2c-e, etc..). Personal opinion/theory is that those experiences are so out-of-normal-consciousness that they are difficult to access when you are not high. Read that Erowid report, Swim contemplates about that thing with a couple of sentences in the end. It happens often that when swim dose low to medium trip they begin to remember older heavy trips. Perhaps this is the reason it feels like coming home, those few infinite moments come back and they remember I've spent here some eternities before.

12. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Anyways, back on topic. I have experienced memory loss once on high doses of psychedelics (high dose LSD), but in subsequent experiments, I have not experienced any memory loss even at high doses of LSD and mushrooms. He even managed to regain some of the experience that he forgot from that one intense LSD trip.

13. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    about implicating.. country where I live has an expiration time of 2 years for simple possession so telling about taking drugs more than 2 years ago (as this is) is not incriminating. Another thing is that these chemicals are still legal here, so eating them is also legal. This particular country doesn't have laws to deny general intoxication by legal substances (luckily) so in that sense it doesn't matter either. I am not a fan of swim/lab-monkey/whoever type of "cover" since I don't think it would hold up in court any better or any worse than "I just wrote a story I made up".

About the memory loss.. it is not similar to alcohol induced memory loss, i.e. it is not black-out that I have, it is just a very difficult-to-remember thing. I have a good recollection of exterior events, very sharp memories of some simple things that I happened to see, but the actual "trip", period of the ego-loss state, is extremely difficult to remember. I remember it better if I took some psychedelics again, but sober mind has difficulties in those experiences.

14. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: 4-HO-DiPT experience?

I have not tried 4HO but has used 4ACO several times. It is not like psilocybin and is weaker. I feel it is a wimpy psychedelic until >30mg, after which it is more deep but still unlike psilocybin. Psilocybin is much less tactile and more mental (the latter referring to less introspection and less potential for egoloss).

15. tr41n

tr41n Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: 4-HO-DiPT experience?

That's quite well said. Takes half the time but it's not really going for the big opticals...you'd have to focus very strong to "see" stuff. Also it can give quite strong stomach ake...

16. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: high-dose iprocin experience

Higher dosses are said to be better with Iporcin. Most people claim to find it pleasent enough and the effect wear off rather fast. Someone told me that a higher dosses the drug tends to trail off mush more slowly. Leaving and nice long last buzz for several hours.

17. sweetsweetmary

sweetsweetmary Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Iprocin

Dosage: 24 mg
    Duration: 4-4.5 hours

:rolleyes:SWIM: I am researching this chemical tonight, haven't eaten since lunch, 1 pill. Will let yall know

you: Im excited to hear this report. Don't make me wait =)

SWIM: damn this is the shit, EVeryhting has ... Iowe everyone a stroe

sWIM Returns and says: ok I have just spent that time living behind myself in a realm where me and my girlfriend spoke and had fun, in the mind, but didn't need our bodies and left those to waist side. I felt like I was just a head floating around the room, trying to pull myself back into my body which by the way I was about 5 bodies behind. So the body high really is intense. Keep in mind, i am very sensitive to mushrooms, and this is pretty fucking similar, but much deeper, much, much, much fucking deeper man. Man I have learned alot, this could work in a psychy chair, but damn you better trust and know the motherfucker you do this with, and I don't know what you would do if you did it by yourself. At times I was scared, not able to hear anything, living behind myself, floating around as a head without gravity, but me and my girlfriend danced and made chile, really enjoyed ourselves while listening to LUke Fair's Balance discs. I have been really really far today, and was not expecting that at all. Feels like I went to far, again I reached in and grabbed the biggest sucker I could find, so hopefully if there is a next time... by the way I don't feel totally normal right now, I am still comign to grips with gravity, and that I actually can't live in that dimension, god everyone wishes they could. I had no body load at all, but my girlfriend said she got tremmors, and said they shivered from her inside out and the body high was so intense, it was like you were num to really being there. weird yes, cool fuck yes.

also I don't know if any of the words or things that happened actually happened, but if feels like they did, and nor do I know if my girlfriend witnessed the same, but we were up there together, and thank god for that

you: Nice man, this seems like something i just might have to try out. I've always been uneasy about synthetics/analogs, but im coming to appreciate them more every day. Hhmmm

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  18. sweetsweetmary

sweetsweetmary Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Dosage: 20 mg
    Oral
    Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours

[​IMG]

SWIM: Took this about a half hour ago starting to feel the warm buzz, everything is fuzzy and warm, music is beginning to sound good. Riding solo on this effort. Let's get to the bottom of this.

[​IMG]

You with a grin replies: good luck SWIM let us knooooooow....whats my avatar look like now?? ...hahaha

[​IMG]

SWIM: wow up up up and away, this is so smooth, no body load, music is beginning to sound like it is coming from down stairs and I am upstairs. I am probably about to step out of SWIM body and figure some things out. This is truly a religious experience. I am zooming in and out right now as far as if I am here or not. I wouldn't call iprocin the trails type of visuals, more like the type of visuals you would see if you were in the inner cavities of your mind. Just buzzing right now, but your avatar always looks cool. I am in a very calm sedative meditation type mood, Ahhh, this feels very nice, like mushrooms without the anxiety. Wait SWIM keep forgetting I am only 40 minutes in, SWIM probably won't check out until an hour and a half, It's nice knowing the ropes, but the come up of this is the best, NO thoughts, body feels great like E, Smooth sailing fellers, very smooth, music is coming in and out, SWIM feel very nice

[​IMG]

You is intrigued: really? that sounds like something You would like....always like the mental/spiritual side of things....truly mind expanding.....You feel sorry for those that allow others interpretation of reality to be their own....they truly havent lived.....stay high!!

SWIM: If You like Mushy's and the ritualistic side, these far exceed. There is no anxiety or fear to get in the way here. You can reach another state of conciousness with no fear. If You have a partner You can connect up their without speaking, but through telepathy. SWIM am interested to see who SWIM can connect with when I am solo. It might just be easier and SWIM can just relax and have tea

Also during this experience, it is a small dose than last time. It is treating sWIM the same though anyway. So we shall see how dose this is. But I am so sensitive to mushy's and things of their nature, so SWIM think that Trypts. will always be sensitive to SWIM.

you: you know exactly of what you speak.....dat-cid does that for you....usually whoever You tripping with (used to anyway) used to freak them out...You knew what they thought....You knew what they were going to say....it never bothered you....but they had some issues with understanding it.....it doesn't take much to understand something you are born with...and with an open mind and soul....the 3rd eye opens....remote viewing...is mindblowing

SWIM: I am taking long sighs, really feeling the music. I am listening to Above and Beyond's Anjunabeats disc 2. Whenever the music stops, SWIM's thoughts go right with it. I am sweating pretty bad right now and You it isn't that hot is it? Haha. Ok Thoughts are reaching the stage where what I am seeing can easily just be spun, like a wheel, this is SWIM's way of knowing I am on another level. Moving any part of SWIM's body feels good right now. I will be checking out soon. SWIM won't be able to probably type. SWIM remember this from last time. yes high levels of cid did it for SWIM too. But this you both know somehow. Truly amazing.

[​IMG]

you: haha...little rainy........its like low 70's out....but keep buzzin.....feel it in the inner ears, back of the eyes....sweet...jealous....let us know how it turns out....and in....

MM: Hey he just said what I was thinking, so yeah SWIM not sure If I am going to take off like last time because I did take less. Still feeling pretty much the same way as before which SWIM absolutely love right now. This is better then rolling.

[​IMG]

SWIM's face is really warm right now, SWIM have been just chugging coffee, and SWIM have lots of energy now. Dancing feels great. Music is awesome. ok so SWIM can safely say that this drug in lower dosages doesn't do what it does in higher. Plain and simple. SWIM have not left SWIM's body. Body high and buzzing and music still feels cool, but If You want to take off make sure you are at that 24 mg or higher. SWIM's mind is really clear right now, I am listening to one wish by Evbointh, and this is SWIM's favorite song on the album. I am very clear right now. Alot negative has been going on in SWIM's life these past couple of weeks, and sWIM is coping badly, SWIM need to change that. WEll SWIM think everyone gets the point here, this drug can be used to dive into sWIY or to dive deep into a relationship. Now SWIM can't quite say, but it seems a million times easier by yourself. Adding another is asking for it. But sometimes it helps. It made SWIM and my girlfriend realize what little mediocre things we took for granted, and how precious our time together really is and how wasting time is really stupid, You really just have to live, and no matter how bad it gets, You really have no say. Some things You do, but some You don't, and life can only be so good, the rest is on you. LIve and learn not live and die. SWIM mean it. Byu the way low doses of this stuff could be used at concerts for safety. When the concert is over You would be off your dose. And dancing is so much fun. So You would call this drug the afternoon wonder, The weeday warrior, or the concert buzzer. But I am almost completely done right now, so if You want the full 4 hours, get yourself a high dose baby, but these are fun, You still get the sweats and body buzz.

[​IMG]

19. [éS]Infinite

[éS]Infinite Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Dosage: 15 mg
    Route: Oral
    Duration: 5 hours
    Male, 175 lbs

T:00:00 - SWIM swallows 1 capsule containing 15 mg 4-ho-dipt, with four of his friends, and plan to spend the day outside in the forests.

T:00:10 - I am feeling excited that he is about to embark on a journey on such a beautiful day.

T:00:30 - Not much more is felt other than the excitement, which seems to be dying down slightly. I don't feel the capsule has quite broken yet.

T:00:50 - I am coming up for sure, sitting in some trees with his friends, listening to music he feels waves. One friend, a sitter, would not stop talking and made about 25 minutes of the experience an uncomfortable one. Visuals weren't really noted yet, however the typical mushroom energy was building up inside of him. Music was amazing and made him want to walk around and explore.

T:01:00 - My friends and I go off to venture through the woods. Few words are spoken, I have his headphones on and is taking in the beauty around him and thinking rapidly in his head. On occasion he'd look up after a thought process had ended and noticed the snow breathing and flowing slowly like water. Every thing was funny, and I was sharing some delightful thoughts with his tripping companions.

T:01:30 - My friends and I all leave one forest and make their way to another, which is across the street of a busy intersection. So far the trip is not really intense, just fun. Standing on the road, the thought comes to mind that My friends and I can't stand wherever they'd like, and how strange of a notion that is. That if one were to stop in the middle of a street, they would get hit by a car, but can stand almost anywhere in nature in complete peace. This thought made everyone laugh at how ridiculous everything was, and they continued off to the forest.

T:02:00 - They arrive at the new forest, and find a familiar old cozy spot. Everyone throws on their music. I would cycle between looking out over the entire forest and enjoying opened eye visuals (almost unnoticeable changing of colours and pattern formations. As well, very many faces within the barks of trees.). He would occasionally see squirrels running about, and as always he enjoyed thinking of what the squirrel was thinking, moving about in such strange patterns.
    Closed eye visuals were nothing extraordinary. Mostly large black dots which would alter their form and contents into patterns and interesting fractals.

T:03:00 - My friends and I explore about the forest for a bit, and begin to smoke some cannabis. I believe the cannabis brought about the increased duration, for the trip settled in for another two hours, even after SWIM walked home.

Notes: I would definitely increase the dose of this compound, he plans on trying 20 mg to explore the waters some more. He also remarked that this trip was more "shroomy" than 4-ho-dmt, which seems quite strange in his mind. Psilocin provides him great euphoria and amazing visuals, yet this compound provided a trip similar to his older mushroom trips. The thought process was more directed at his life and had that returning edge of difficulty in resolving the trip.
    Visuals and euphoria weren't the main components of this trip, and SWIM quite enjoyed that as it left him with some things to think about until he is again ready to enter the psychedelic states.