Drug info - 4-HO-MIPT (Miprocin) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Alfa, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Please post info about 4-HO-MIPT here.
    Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 4-HO-MIPT should be posted here: 4-ho-mipt (miprocin) trip reports
    These documents about 4-HO-MIPT are in the file archive

Also see this threads:
    4-HO-MiPT (Miprocin) solubility...
    4-HO-MiPT Effects and Ratings Survey Results

Our members list varying dosage. Most list good effects around 18-20 mg 4-HO-MIPT. 12 - 15 mg 4-HO-MIPT seems a good beginners dose. Doses of 30 mg 4-HO-MIPT or higher are experienced as not pleasurable. The dose response curve of 4-HO-MIPT is steep at that level.

Our members list a duration of 5 - 8 hours.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Here is the TIHKAL entry:

4-HO-MIPT

TRYPTAMINE, 4-HYDROXY-N-ISOPROPYL-N-METHYL; 4-INDOLOL, 3-[2-(ISOPROPYLMETHYLAMINO)ETHYL]; 4-HYDROXY-N-ISOPROPYL-N-METHYLTRYPTAMINE; 3-[2-(ISOPROPYLMETHYLAMINO)ETHYL]-4-INDOLOL

DOSAGE : 12 - 25 mg, orally (as the indolol or the acetate)

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 9 mg, orally) "I am stuck just part way on. There is some retinal activity with my eyes closed. Maybe I am a little light-headed, a little starry. Nothing much."

(with 12 mg, orally) "It was just an hour ago that I swallowed the capsule, and everything is happening. I was completely developed at 45 minutes. The imagery with my eyes closed is vivid. The music is exceptionally sensual. I notice a tendency to twitch but it doesn't bother me. Everything is rolling -- how can they allow an erotic piece like the Saint Saƫns second piano concerto to ever appear in public, let alone over the radio? A very rapid decline between the third and fourth hour. A rich day for love, insights, fantasy and for retreating into one's mind. A rich day for discovery."

(with 12 mg, orally) "I suspended the solids in water, and a drop of HCl put it into solution immediately. The first awareness was unmistakable at twenty minutes, and from there it was a rapid and noisy development ending at about an hour. But this lasted for only another 40 minutes, and then dropped off quite rapidly. The erotic was excellent, but there were few visuals and I had difficulty connecting fantasy to music. Good appetite afterwards, and I had no trouble getting to sleep."

(with 15 mg acetate ester, orally) "An interesting mixture of intoxication and sedation, progressing to a very relaxed state with some motor incoordination. Just a little bit like alcohol or GHB. There was no drifting of thoughts nor any gut disturbance at any time, although I wasn't very hungry. Conversation was easy."

(with 20 mg, orally) "Early signs (muscle sensations) were noticed in 10 minutes. In another 10 minutes a rapid heightening of all senses ensued, reaching a plateau in 40 minutes and beginning to decline in 3 hours with a return to near normal in 5-6 hours. The intensity of the experience is marked. At the plateau, communication (verbal) is difficult with intense alteration in the sense of time and distance. Multiple and overlapping wave forms occur with an extremely intense color alteration. Drifting in and out of the body is common with an increased sense of body processes, i.e., blood flow in vessels. Muscular sense is increased and a feeling of soaring in bodiless flight is experienced. A mild vertigo was felt with attempted walking but is not associated with nausea. Some anxiety was experienced initially, but could be interpreted as a reaction to the extremely powerful onset. A curious, probably idiosyncratic effect, was of possessing the essence of sexual power associated with being a large jungle cat. The idea was prominent for some time. Conservatively, this compound is at least twice as active as psilocin at comparable doses, in terms of plateau or peak effect. External stimuli, especially light, were distracting to the point of annoyance. Sounds can be seen, words explode into showers of bright points with eyes closed. Other eyes-closed imagery is prominent with patterns (in color); at times soaring clouds dominate the eyes-closed scenery. I cannot overemphasize the intensity of the experience. I would not want to go much higher than 20 milligrams (50 milligrams of psilocin is not as intense)."

(with 30 mg acetate ester, orally) "It was as if I had downed a few martinis in a hurry -- except that there were eye-closed visuals in a lot of different colors, especially metallic greens. I had jaw clenching and a body tremor, reminding me of ecstasy except is was not in any way stimulated. I listened to music in front of a fireplace in a darkened room and I saw bright colorful unstructured patterns. Seven hours and I fell into an easy sleep and was fine the next day."

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : This is a two-carbon homologue of psilocin, and as this latter chemical is orally active, it is not surprising that this is, as well. One direct comparison between the two materials, on widely separated days and at very high levels, indicated that 20 milligrams of 4-HO-MIPT was fully equivalent to 50 milligrams of psilocin in one report. And yet another report with 30 milligrams of the acetate ester, things were considerably more modest. At these higher levels, the onset was noted well within the first half hour.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I think they are slightly overestimating the potency of miprocin, but nevertheless it is highly active substance.

3. erinmakowski

erinmakowski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    4-ho-mipt

A friend of mine recently tried 4-ho-mipt. She said the effects came in waves, with heat and cold flashes in between...
    The granular substance appears light grey in color...

Can anyone confirm the color and sensations as they do not fit the description that she read..She is concerned it may infact be something else other than 4-ho-mipt

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007
  4. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    hmm.. colour might vary slightly due moisture (it propably is hygroscopic) and purity. My stash is light grey with a very faint hue of brown, very fine powder.

Miprocin as a psychedelic is in the top class though. I have a full blown trip with just slightly over 20mg of that.

5. voacanga

voacanga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes, i purchased 4-ho-mipt that looked like that, i never ate any of it, but between me and three other friends, we smoked a gram in one night. it is killer, i loved it. one of my friends was getting some wierd tingeling sensations in his extremities

6. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    thanx for the info!

I just wonder about the statements about the other substances e.g. 2c-b
    or mdma. Not that I like these extremely, but most people prefere them
    the most, even Shulgin & his wife (okay she lately commented the
    dragonflys as her Nr. One. but it should be quite similar in to 2c-b).
    Other thing is that the Pea's are just very different in the way of
    their effects.

7. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    well, I am getting into the same direction myself, miprocin being close to the top spot on chemicals with lsd and 2c-e. If I had unlimited supply of lsd, miprocin and 2c-e, I'd be completely satisfied "psychedelic"-wise. Mushrooms and miprocin are interchangable in my eyes, although it seems true that many have even smoother experience on miprocin.

8. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Forgot to mention that me and some friends have tried it up to 45mg and it is truly intense experience when you get past 30mg. I'd suggest to try out 10-15mg as the first miprocin trip and make ones way up from there. For some people even 15mg can be surprisingly strong experience.

9. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Miprocin just seems like clean, synthetic
    mushrooms and I tend to like "traditional psychedelics" and not
    MDMA/stimulants/etc.

LSD is what I take when I want to struggle with insanity

Miprocin is what I take when I want to struggle with aliens

2C-E is what I take when I want to just zone out with confusing trippiness

10. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I love this stuff.

personally, Iwould like to compare it to 4hoMET and 4hoEIPT.

the highest dosage anyone I personally know has taken is 95 milligrams, very few bad effects, aside from the fear.Edited by: allyourbase

11. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    About how long does this 'experience' last? Im guessing this is a very new RC? Seeing it is not even mentioned on erowid. Thanks for the analysis! I was hoping this chemical would be good, he is getting some within a few weeks I will tell you what he thought as well. How does this compare to 4-ho-dipt?

12. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    3-4 hours. there is no comparison in my opinion. 4hodipt doesnt hold a candles flicker to the fires of hell in comparison to 4homipt. Edited by: allyourbase

13. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Interesting, I found the same thing with 5-meo-Dipt and 5-meo-Mipt, the latter being very close to shrooms and the former producing mostly body-load. Maybe the Mipt group is more psychedelic than the Dipt group.

14. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    yes, it seems that mipt compounds give a higher ride. I just heard that there was a guy nearby that took 160mg of miprocin within around 1 hour. He took it quite well, but was apparently well out of his mind. Iprocin seems to near saturation point (or have the dose response curve mellowing significantly) somewhere between 50-100mg, it could be that miprocin has the saturation point also near there (this is simply a guess, not enough evidence to say anything conclusive). But for miprocin 40mg is rather insane trip whereas iprocin at 40mg is much more manageable, so the miprocin saturation point is a magnitude stronger than that of iprocin.

15. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    MIPTS compounds are a lot cooler than DIPT compounds in my opinion. DMT
    compounds are generally pretty amazing as well, although I might prefer
    the MIPTs.

Since the 4-HO chemicals are some of my favorites, this means that 4-ho-mipt is definitely one of my favorites.

Most people seem to think that 4-ho-dipt is rather bland when compared
    to psilocin or miprocin. Happy tripping with the miprocin when you get
    it. There is no possible way this compound could disappoint you.

For the record, I find that the miprocin trip is about five hours for
    me. Shrooms always seem to last exactly five hours for me as well, so
    this compound will probably last about as long as your shroom trips do.
    I know higher doses increase the duration a moderate amount.

16. 42itis

42itis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for your interesting posts, it is unusual that you articulate these experiences so well, although I am sure that your brain has been educated and sufficiently stimulated to a higher degree of intelligence than the average person here and I very much appreciate that. There is tradition indicated here compounded by intelligence! I hope you are near me geographically and that we can meet some day.

17. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmmm it must have something to do with metabolism. I find the sister compound (5meo) lasts upwards of 12 hours for me, but miprocin is short, sweet, and hits like a hammer.

18. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Mmm...So 4-HO-MiPT is more potent than Iprocin? I experienced Iprocin
    as a very clean trip. Hard to describe really. I was so different but
    yet so normal. CEV where amazing. Is it in anyway comperable to
    Iprocin? How euphoric is Miprocin?

I am thinking of ordering Miprocin or 2c-e. They are so different but oh so interesting...[​IMG]

19. waxhorse

waxhorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm thinking that I'm the only one who doesn't think all that much about 4 homipt.

And man...I'll agree that it hits like a hammer. I did very much enjoy the 5 meo mipt tho'.

I gave thecompoundseveral whirls...one of the best things about it is that it is very active at low doses. I think all I could stand was about 24 mgs.Hits fast, very intense,short and disorienting.

Ialways wanted to try Met and 4 ho Met.

20. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    So 4-ho-mipt can be smoked? I guess its rather wastefull if you used a full G. Could of had at least 40 trips orally. Any one else try smoking this?Edited by: RoboCop