4-methoxy-PCP ??? LEGAL?

Discussion in 'Dissociative RCs' started by DJ, Aug 9, 2006.

1. DJ

DJ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from U.S.A.
    I was doing some reading. The Synth method for this is available online and the author says it's legal. Also claims 70% as strong as PCP (which is stronger than ketamine)

Anyone know more about this one? I am curious to learn more

2. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    never heard of it but i belive alot of the stuff needed to synth pcp is whatched by govenment agencys so while this guy thinks its legal you could get into shit for ordering chems that are used in the making of this substance.

3. DJ

DJ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from U.S.A.
    4-methoxy-pcp

If one were to search this site for the "PCP and friends" thread [in which member Aurelius imported synths over to here from the now defunct hive] you will find the actual syth for 4-methoxy PCP (and other PCP analogues) as well as his intro which state as you can see from the cut and paste excerpt I have enclosed that though the intermediate(s) PCC is/are illegal, the final product, 4-methoxy PCP is NOT scheduled...
    excerpt:

Warning: while the final compound is not scheduled, and therefore is legal, one of the intermediates (PCC) is a schedule II controlled substance in the USA. Thus proper licensing would be required to undertake this procedure. Note that replacement of pyrrolidine with piperidine in step 1 of this synthesis would provide a final compound that would almost certainly be as potent as 4-methoxy PCP, and would avoid the use of controlled PCC.

4-methoxy PCP has been previously tested in animals and found to be somewhat less potent than PCP itself. Results in this human volunteer confirm this. A rough estimate would be 70% as potent. This is still significant, considering how potent PCP is.

A possible advantage of this analog is decreased duration of effect. This is because the 4-methoxy group provides a site for metabolism and elimination of the drug. This is a significant point, because the extended action of PCP is a real disadvantage in cases of acute overdosage.

For those that are unfamiliar with the effects of these compounds, the experience is very hard to describe. The most commonly known compound that is directly comparable is ketamine. Ketamine's effects are quite similar to PCP and 4-methoxy PCP, but K. is much less potent.

The author also provides a most unique trip report for as well as The synthesis of PCDE
    (1-phenyl-cyclohexyl-N,N-diethylamine).

for which I'm providing the cut and paste of [minus the synth b/c it can be found on the other thread]:

The bioassay.

What i am about to tell you, my friends, has a very close relation to my recent thread on psychotechnologies. Initially i even wanted to post this report in there, but then a new topic on cyclidines appeared, and i posted this synth, and Antoncho asked for a report - all in all, the Fate itself demands me to share with you what i once have seen THERE.

I've made many cyclidines but this compound turned out to bee the most potent of them all, after PCP - and at the same time, the easiest to make. And by the fortunate accident, it happens to bee the only one of them all (xcept for ketaminic analogues) that i still use to this day. And - it is THE compound on which i have experienced two of the four most shocking/frightening/mysterious/grandieu<WBR>se/encha<WBR>nting/un<WBR>explaina<WBR>ble trips in my life. Almost half a year has passed since the last time, but up to this moment the very thoughts in my head stall frozen as i begin to think of it.

I can't recall when it happened for the 1st time, but i remember very vividly how it all began. It started as a barely noticable ringing inside my ears that resembled of a sound of a chainsaw - in which a rhythm soon appeared. As if the noise was periodically fading and strengthening again. The frequency of the pulsations was pretty high. Then another sound added to the cacophony - a drumbeat. The noise beecame louder and louder.

I beegan to grasp for air and suddenly realized that the drumbeat was actually the sound of my loudly pounding heart! About 120 bpm (here i can't resist noting that a healthy person's heart can safely stand the heartrate that is calculated as follows: 220 bpm minus one's age; that is, ~190 bpm in this case. Of course, the main reason of concern in such cases is blood pressure, not heartrate). And then i was literally flooded by the wave of FEAR - not even fear, but an unexplainable HORROR. I was lying on my bed unable to move even my eyes. The wallpaper's pattern beecame very sharp and beegan flowing from the left to the right. Actually, the whole room was covered with blurred horizontal stripes. The colors began to fade as if someone was slowly turning down a TVset's color control. The darkness thickened. The chainsaw's howling beecame unbearable.

And then the room started to assume a different shape. Ordinary it is a prolonged rectangle, with two doors on the opposite sides - one to the balcony, the other leading to the corridor. But now the corridor door disappeared and there suddenly appeared another one, where there used to bee a wall. The door itself was black but its corners were lit as if with a luminiscent light. I was close to fainting. That bluish-white light was pulsing in unison with the rhythm of my insanely racing heart. I would have screamed but my body ceased to obey me. The only thought circulating through my head was: "What if i don't return now, never return". Don't know - maybee beecause of the overwhelming fear, or something else, but i suddenly beegan to feel my body again. And i crawled along my bed - that was a purely instinctive action. I didn't even think what i was doing and why - it was only later that i realized that i'd turned myself on the stomach and crawled - but that was the salvation. The light's pulsations disappeared, darkness went away, the wallpaper stopped flowing. Colors came back. Consciousness began to reinstall itself.

And some time after that i came upon a psychiatric site dedicated to the borderline states of consciousness and - you can imagine my feelings - discovered a description of a temporal epileptic seizure syndrome that was almost identical to what i'd experienced on PCDE! The only xception was that i didn't feel any weird smells like burnt rubber, sulfur etc. - and of course, no mention of any doors and such. But the whole picture - flickering lights, sharp unpleasant sounds, paralizing fear - all fit in very well.

Half a year ago i decided to undertake one more trip into that dimension. Only this time i was prepared for everything and could manage my fear. And came almost all the way till the very end. Why 'almost'? I'll tell you.

When the room was immersed completely in the darkness and its corners and the doors beecame lit with that unearthly light, the chainsaw's screaming started to gradually soften. I couldn't move again, but strangely could see almost 270 degrees around myself. Possibly, it'd been like that the previous time, only then i could see just some limited space and all the rest was enveloped in grey striped fog.

Light's pulsations gradually ceased. And the silence came. There was nothing else - just the darkness and the horrible shining around the doors and the room's corners. And then i realized that the silence was absolute, even my heart wasn't beating! I lay on the bed, enchanted by this silence. It wasn't a 'ringing' silence - it was the ABSOLUTE silence.

And then thoughts started coming inside my head out of the air, of nowhere. I understood that where i was it was the 'space in between'. I stared at these doors and was frightened to approach any of them. I didn't know what was beehind them. But i realized very clearly my insignificance and smallness. Alone in this horrendous room. Alone - face to face with who-knows-what. I suddenly understood that the universe doesn't give a shit for any of us. That there exist worlds in it which are totally alien to the human world. Frightening in their incomprehensibility and their unintelligible laws. And what if i step into one of these worlds. And meet there something that will destroy me faster then i beecome conscious of myself. Something DIFFERENT. Not beecause it is evil, but simply beecause it won't even suspect any consciousness in me and smash me on the floor just like we smash cockroaches in our kitchens. We don't ever think cockroaches are capable of loving or writing poetry, do we? Funny, isn't it? We here in this world of ours are so fond of 'Love', cherish it, make a cult of it, sing the beaty and power of human mind - but someone else will not even suspect a sparkle of consciousness in us. Will run us over and won't notice it.

And so i was there, lost in contemplating the meaninglessness of our lives, all the goals that seemed important and noble bee4 turned out to bee a fiction, imposed on us by social stereotypes and something else - i don't know what and whom. And in THERE i understood Ecclesiast's words: "...human life and animal life is one, and the breath for the both is one, and there is no advantage for a man to a cattle, for all is meaningless". It was horrible to realize this ABSOLUTE MEANINGLESSNESS OF LIFE. Horrible to realize the absolute freedom and unshelteredness. i never thought that freedom can bee so frightening and unwanted.

I didn't enter any of the doors.

And upon passage of some time i bought a CD w/an underground techo music - usually i never buy techno, always 'dance' or 'techno-dance', but this time decided to take a look. And in one of the tracks i recognized that unmistakable howling of the chainsaw. The composition's name is 'Die Offenbarung.mp3' by Johannes Heil.(this composition, found in the web by Hellowin of HyperLab, can bee downloaded at http://mp3.sakha.net/?file=5460 (10,6 Mb)). If someone happens to find this record, he'll know approximately what i heard then. Since that time i call such music 'the music of temporal epileptics'. I often wonder what made Johanness Heil create this rhythm and instrumentals.

1. 5/5,
      Very interesting post and involving trip report
      Dec 1, 2009
    2. 5/5,
      excellent use of on site resources and getting the info to where it is needed!
      May 13, 2009
  4. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    According to the latest DEA interpretation of the Analog Act, 4-methoxy-PCP would not be a positional isomer and therefore not an illegal analog of PCP because of the addition of a methoxy group.

5. Milk man

Milk man Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    Wouldn't the legality be struck down rather quick if ever brought to court since it would have to go through an illegal analogue?(Remember ALD-52 defense that it wasn't LSD)

EDIT: I didn't mean to revive an old topic, but too late now :p

6. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. limak_mc

limak_mc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm very intrigued by this but have found very little evidence of it actually existing other than on paper.

8. no1boxhead

no1boxhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    "I'm very intrigued by this but have found very little evidence of it actually existing other than on paper."

Which is generally the way we are storing evidence in the developed world.

Do you expect it to come and bite you on the nose?

9. limak_mc

limak_mc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No of course not

10. lucian

lucian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This substance has been around SWIM reckons. Check other forums, a few people have sampled it. Actually there is a report in this forum - 4-meo-pcp.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  11. frankblank

frankblank Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    IMHO, the laws have alot of room for interpretation. The police can charge you with anything they want and if a jury sides with them, you're guilty. It is not specifically scheduled in the US but could potentially be prosecuted under the analog act. A compound that is even further away from a controlled substance would be the isopropylamine or butylamine analogs of this. It could be made by:
    1. Brominating anisole (a somewhat easy to get perfume type compound)
    2. forming grignard reagent with magnesium metal
    3. reacting acetone with formamide and formic acid (leukart) to isopropylamine
    4. reacting isopropylamine with p-toluenesulfonic acid and cyclohexanone
    5. mix grignard with imine from step 4
    6. basify, extract with toluene, gas with HCl
    7. try some. I think it would be active at 5-20mg

12. Boca Bitch

Boca Bitch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Phencyclidine is schedule II, thus covered under the analog act (created to prevent further development and distribution of the MDxx, DOx, and 2-Cx families of recreational psychoactives).

I think by default, 4-MEO-PCP would be considered schedule II.

13. twoiko

twoiko Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Unlikely, the USA has started trying to ban 5-MeO-DMT on its own because it's not covered by the analogue act, implying that the methoxy group is different enough.

14. Valseedian

Valseedian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

wrong. It is 100% legal in the USA.

I have had and taken both 3 and 4-meo-pcp on a number of occasions and promisses that it is very real. there are a number of respectable vendors who carry these products

15. xiaobendan

xiaobendan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWDIM met a guy at a party who really thought that(and tried to argue the point)...it took nearly half an hour to explain to him that if SWIM(the person!) really existed he'd/she'd be one seriously dead [email protected]

16. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    This does not make these compounds legal de facto. As PCP is in Schedule II there is certainly scope to prosecute under the Federal Analog Act given that intent for consumption is demonstrable. Therefore sale, purchase or possession with intent for human consumption is not necessarily legal.

The fact that it hasn't resulted in any prosecution to date is probably because it's flying under the radar at the current time. The cannabinoids and beta-ketones are currently turning heads in the US and attracting all the attention. That will eventually result in a spotlight turning on the wider Research Chemical market. Another Web Tryp will happen sooner or later, and something like 4-MeO-PCP is an easy target because there's no ambiguity about its structural analogy.

It's not so much that 5-MeO-DMT wasn't prosecutable under the Analog Act, as that explicit scheduling removes the requirement to prove intent for human consumption. Explicit scheduling just makes the legal status much clearer and makes prosecution easier.