Snorting - 4 substituted tryptamine insufflation

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by snapper, Feb 16, 2006.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Though insufflation is frowned upon in general, with DPT and other tryptamines being more bioavailable via this route, are there any observations in regards to the 4substituted DIPT, MIPT, and DET relative potency?
    I feel that there is no difference in onset or dose with oral versus insufflation, with the exception that onset is more consistent since it is independent of stomach contents.

Snapper

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Snapper says: "I feel that there is no difference in onset or dose with oral versus insufflation".

I wonder why you suggest this to be true? Most Research Chemicals which are snorted are stronger, so the dosage is smaller (sometimes a lot smaller). And Most snorted drugs work much quicker than when eaten (they slip right into the blood stream).

3. rocky

rocky Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    my dog was thinking about trying to insufflate some of the tryptamines you are mentioning but because of the extremely bitter and foul taste of these chemicals he didn't try this route. was the dripping as bad as my dog thought it would be?

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just because you insufflate something does no mean it will work any faster or be any more bioavailable. If it is not significantly metabolized by first pass metabolism in the liver, serum levels should be the same after oral administration, and if it absorbs no faster from the sinuses, onset time will be the same. Another chem with equal potency when snorted is AMT, though it does kick in a little faster.
    my experience with 4hoDET, 4ACOMIPT and 4ACODIPT all take the same time to come on and have the same potency with insufflation or oral dosing. All are salts, BTW.

Snapper

5. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    ^same here, but i would prefer oral because the drip is terrible

6. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I like insufflation and for that reason did quite a bit of on-line searching to see the effects/safety of snorting the 4-substituted tryptamines. However all the info I could gather indicated exactly what you said above: that snorting this particular group of chemicals makes no difference to either potency or duration (can't remember about time of onset though, as that's less important to me.) Consequently I've never tried insufflating any of this particular bunch.

7. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found insufflation to be satisfactory for 4homipt 4hodipt and 4acodet. also 5meoxxxt's work very well this way although it is probably unadvisable (except for 5meodmt of course...) for regular use or any use actually.

8. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^and you soon may find a hole in your septum since most of these are very caustic. but that may be the least of your concerns.

please avoid acute self-incrimination.

9. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i dont believe I made any comments in my post to relate to personal behavior. simply because I made statements regarding the bioavailability of certain far flung psychedelic tryptamine derivatives through insufflation this does not imply that I have any experience necessarily with any of what I am speaking about. I also truly doubt that problems with the septum are very common with Research Chemical use... I dont really know but i just dont recall having met that many people who were bummed because they blew a big hole through their nose with RCs... their brain perhaps yes but not their nose. I also believe that I did state that it was "unadvisable" anyways. Anyways... the point still remains that although there are flaws and risks insufflation remains a solid method for administration, especially for tryptamines. dont be so negative.

;)

10. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

^looks like a memory problem. j/k ;-)

the extra brainial membranial holes is what i meant, Swiss cheese style.

11. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM may have extra and intrabrainial membranial holes, but has never had so much as a sore or bloody nose from any tryptamines. Phens YES, but not tryptamines (if you told me 2ct7 will melt one's septum, I would have to agree..). FYI, meth and cocaine tend to be caustic as well, but as long as intranasal use of these is infrequent, mucus membranes have a good ability to heal.
    Thanks for the input - sounds like my observations have been confirmed.

Snapper