1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - 40MG Zolpidem - No Effects

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by LexRuger, Jan 15, 2012.

1. LexRuger

LexRuger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Mr. Z was given script of Ambien from afoaf. Told mr.z that 2 would give a mild trip so he was interested. 2 hours before the ambiem, smoked a few j's and a bump or 2 of mxe.

Mr. Z took 2 10mg to start, waited 30mins for anything. Then took another 10mg, 20 mins later still nothing. Took another 10mgs and smoked another j, waited another 20 mins and decided to just go to sleep. I did not feel the need to go to sleep from the pills but felt under my own power.

Having read numerous experiences with similar dosages and there effects, it leads to me believe either the cannabis/mxe killed the effect from the ambien although i have read the smoking has increased the experieince, it doesnt affect me, or the ambien is bunk?

Thoughts?

2. oppi

oppi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    i don't know about the interaction with cannabis. i'm pretty sure clonazepam (a benzo) is binding to my z receptors and since prescribed zolpidem has stopped working for me. however it's also true that virtually no benzos have any effect on me. i used to get a huge effect on 10mg, now i can take 30+ and feel nothing. so maybe the pot is interfering, and maybe you just don't respond to zolpidem. i've taken lunesta and ALL the other z drugs as well as most benzos and get very little if any effect from any of them even before i started my current regimen which includes daytime clonazepam.

i'm trying my prescribed ambien rectally tonight to see if any better effect. on my best days, before i started benzos, it would still take 90 minutes to kick in (i have wicked insomnia). trying to be patient with this route and hoping it improves efficacy.

hope i'm making sense, i'm a little drunk.

3. hofmann25

hofmann25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from brazil
    Last night I took 30 mg zolpidem hemitartrate and after a while more 10mg and felt no effects. Not used any benzo in recent months and I see no clear reason for the resistance to this substance.
    Anyone know if I can safely increase the dosage? I'm thinking of taking 60mg tonight.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Z-drugs are VERY hit and miss for the "recreational" effects. lots of people report nothing. I would not assume it had to do with the other drugs.

Honestly I think they are dangerous, a quick google search of "ambien court cases" and "ambien zombies" should be more then enough reason to stay away from this stuff.