Experiences - 4th Plateau Experiences

Discussion in 'DXM' started by iFeaRNLoathiNg, Apr 4, 2007.

1. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to hear about 4th plateau experiences. Here is His:

4th Plateau - A Terrible Experience

1050-1060mg - extracted - dextromethorphan Hbr
    175 lb

Well I got a hold of some good quality syrup (only DXM Hbr 15per 5ml) and did an extraction on 48 oz (6 - 8oz bottles) for his self and 2 of his friends. The extraction went perfect and after about an hour of blow drying I had a nice amount of Powder. I have experimented with DXM many times 500mg-800mg and I have been able to handle and most importantly, enjoy it. Any way swim weight out aprox 1050-1060mg threw it in alil juice. About 45 minutes to an hour later I was beginning to feel the effects. Everything normal feeling good, laughing. Maybe another hour went by (time was a little loopy by now) and I started to black out. Not really black out just like his control would come and go. And then it went, swim blacked out and when he came to he found himself pissing out of a window, Saying things in a Totally weird high pitched voice. And when I wasn’t blacked out he was like sitting in his own body, thinking about the strangest things (the thoughts reminded swim of taking a lot of lsd) when swim awoke the next morning still tripping and there was blood on the Mattress and swims boxers. Like he pissed the bed in the middle of the night only blood and not piss. I couldn’t see anything unless he looked out of the corner of his eyes. He went back to sleep and felt normal when he woke up 5 hours later. I haven’t told anyone about except the forum. Swim figured maybe he could save someone the trouble of experiencing this first hand. Make a long story short, Dextromethorphan is a BAD BITCH at the 4TH plateau stay at the 2nd or 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My Swim's experiences haven't been quite as bad as your Swim's. He has always made it a point to drink *lots* of water, even to the point where he feared water intoxication. A tripsitter is a must on the 4th plateau; one will forget whether one has had anything to drink or gone to the bathroom in the past five minutes.

He thinks the negative side effects and body load are largely due to unrecognized nausea, thirst, and - in the case of high doses - not enough oxygen. The latter is especially true for smokers; he strongly recommends against mixing DXM and tobacco, which is a low-grade MAO inhibitor.

Cannabis is fine in moderate doses. Nitrous is great. He recommends normal doses of DMAE and piracetam to help one remember the experience.

I was more foolish than usual for his first trip to the 4th; he drank grapefruit juice to potentiate it (as if that much dex needs potentiation) and smoked throughout. It was a 24-hour trip followed by a 12-hour hangover. He missed the entire weekend. He was wise enough to have a friend sit with him, at least, which was good - he would leave Consensus Reality completely behind for hours at a time. There were even points where time seemed to flow backwards. He visited Hell and other, unnamed realms. He met many strange entities which looked upon him with curiousity... and sometimes hostility.

He doesn't regret it, but he learned his lesson. Subsequent trips to the 4th (and one to Sigma) have taught him that he prefers the 3rd. The trip is almost as good, and the cost is far less.

ECL

1. 3/5,
      great, JUST GREAT INFO!!!
      Apr 8, 2007
  3. PolyFractus

PolyFractus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been on the 3rd plateau a little less than 10 times and experienced the intense three-dimensional visuals (flying through infinite robot worlds) but has never gone higher. From reading the Erowid DXM FAQ it's pretty difficult to get a good idea of what to expect from 4th plateau experience. Would some My please try to describe the differences between 3rd and 4th plateau with regard to CEVs, headspace, mindfuck etc.

4. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hm. I asked Swim about it, but he found it hard to answer.

The 3rd plateau is full dissociation. One will feel no pain or fatigue at this level - which can be dangerous if one goes dancing for three hours and doesn't drink any gatorade. Closing one's eyes will take one to alien worlds where one may meet strange beings, but opening one's eyes generally brings one back to Consensus Reality unless one is in a dark room.

The 4th is also full dissociation, but it begins to affect the mind as much as the body. Swim tells me he's had full-on hallucinations with his eyes open. These were not indistinguishable from reality the way diphenhydramine hallucinations are...it was more like he knew they weren't (entirely) real, but felt at the time that it didn't matter. What is real? Derealization is another big part of high-dose DXM trips. It's common to forget who or where or why one is.

The 4th also has much harsher side-effects, in his experience. He's done enough dex to be able to move and speak almost normally when at the 3rd plateau; this is impossible at the 4th. The first time he went there, it took him ten minutes to shuffle down a short hallway. His jaw was shaking and clenching; he could barely speak. Over the next 12 hours, he felt many times that this was it - he had either died or driven himself permanently insane. And he doesn't scare easily.

He had a nasty hangover the next day. Trips to the 3rd usually leave a pleasant afterglow.

Subsequent visits weren't quite as dramatic, but he still prefers the 3rd. He doubts that he'll go to the 4th more than once per year.

The only chemical he's experienced that seemed more powerful and/or terrifying than a 4th-plateau DXM trip was 5-MeO-DMT. Nothing can prepare one for it's power...even having done 5-MeO-DMT itself several times before isn't enough to prepare one for the sheer awe of the 5-MeO-DMT experience. :)

ECL

5. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    everything You just typed matched perfectly to everything I couldn't explain. wow, thank's for taking the time to share that knowladge. it is appreciated

6. ThomasRM

ThomasRM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Does not seem like many people enjoy the 4th plateau eh? I have been to the 3rd plateau many times, but I am unsure if he has been to the 4th plateau, for his trips sometimes get very confusing and he sometimes loses touch with reality. Is there some universal effect or something that happens to people while having a 4th plateau trip?

7. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Your mileage may vary. Every individual will almost always have very individual experiences with DXM (and, indeed, all substances).

You should read William White's DXM FAQ. Even if You just skips to the experiences section, at least You will have some idea of what to expect.

8. captainkirk

captainkirk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    This is posted on behalf of swim's cow.

Wow, I didn't know what hit him, I feel totatlly stupid for not being fully mentally prepared, and taking such a high fricking dose of dextromethorphan. I have been feeling light headed all day, here's what happened to me's cow.

Swim's cow has been going through some hard times dealing with his mom's death, and wasn't unsure about his future, more so confused. Swim's cow started reading on dextromethorphan hbr because he found out it was in nyquil. He found this out by accident, and that's why he started taking it in the first place. Anyways, swim's cow started experimenting with each of the plateaus, and the different effects. Swim's cow isn't messing with dxm for a while, and here's why! Swim's cow started having

really insane closed eye visuals last night, he started having thoughts about merging with the universe, he thought "when i die, I'm going to merge with my mom, all here memories are going to become mine, and we will merge and live on in eternity forever," that night was complete dissociated bliss, swim new he wasn't dead but its like everytime he opened his eyes and returned to reality, the thoughts went away,

he threw up a few times, but that's about it, he put his head down inot the bed, and closed his eyes while the stereo played, the trip only lasted 6hrs, but he was thinking some really wierd things. I was in totally different worlds, his thoughts about death were, "I'll beable to see anything, and anyone one, I am pure thought, heaven is my imagination, heaven is what I want it to be, I live on through my imagination and conciousness, but I will merge with my family members and the ones that I truly love the most." can anyone help swim elaborate, has anyone ever felt like this?

1. 3/5,
      This thread is 3 years old. While your post is relevant, there is a DXM experiences thread that is more than sufficient.
      May 2, 2010