Drug info - 5-MeO-DALT Drug Info

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Alfa, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Please post info about 5-meo-dalt here.
    Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 5-meo-dalt should be posted here: 5-meo-DALT experiences

These documents about 5-meo-dalt are in the file archive

I saw it offered @ a site listed in the sources forum. What is it and what are the effects? Did anyone try this?

What is the dose and what is the duration?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  2. nicholson_tyler

nicholson_tyler Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have seen it offered as well when there was not any info on it.. It is now on erowid, but not many reports have been posted.. Sounds like a realy crappy triptamine if you ask me, but then again i just know what i do from hersay, not from actual experience... if you want a nice trypt, do 5meodipt

3. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it is one of the latest of Alexander shulgins creations taken form his newest book which is not yet been published.i read one trip report on erowid which sounded pretty promiseing the person said it had no real negative aspects to it but 1 trip report is'nt really enoughtany get any kind of idea whats it bout tho.i am looking forward to trying that 5meo/mipt the trip report sounds like its really usefull material which will genuinely help some people with problems in their life.

4. discobloodbath

discobloodbath Newbie

Reputation Points:
    5 MEO-DALT

anyone know much or have any stories to tell about 5 MEO-DALT ... erowid has a very small amount of experience reports so i thought i'd check here

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    5-MeO-DALT
    Entry from a forthcoming book by Alexander & Ann Shulgin
    Aug 2004
    #xxx 5-METHOXY-DALT; TRYPTAMINE, n,n-DIALLYL-5-METHOXY; N,N-DIALLYL-5-METHOXYTRYPTAMINE; INDOLE, 3-[2-(DIALLYLAMINO)ETHYL]-5-METHOXY; 3-[2-(DIALLYLAMINO)ETHYL]-5-METHOXYINDOLE

SYNTHESIS : To a solution of 2.08 g. 5-methoxytryptamine (11 mM) in 25 mL tetrahydrofuran, there was added 5.2 mL diisopropylethylamine and 2.7 mL allyl iodide (30 mM). The slightly exothermic reaction became cloudy in about a minute, and was allowed to stir at ambient temperature for 12 h. The lower phase had become quite solid and chunky. The upper phase was decanted from the solids, which were then rinsed with 2x10 mL portions of ether. The combined decantation and ether washes were stripped of solvent on the rotary evaporator to yield a white solid residue with a brown oil contamination. This was dissolved in dilute aq. HCl, washed with 2x50 mL methylene chloride (which removed the color), made basic with dilute aq. NaOH, and extracted with 2x50 mL methylene chloride. The extracts were pooled and taken to dryness on the rotary evaporator to give 0.67 g of a tan oil that crystallized. This was distilled at the KugelRohr to give a colorless fraction with b.p. 165-175 degrees C at 40 microns which weighed 0.53 g. and set up immediately as a white crystalline mass with a m.p. 98-101 degrees C. This was dissolved in 10 mL warm isopropanol and treated with 14 drops of conc. HCl. With scratching and stirring, crystals began to form slowly. With vigorous stirring, 10 mL of anh. ether were added dropwise, producing a heavy crystalline mass. This was removed by filtration, washed with ether, and air dried to constant weight. There was thus obtained 0.51 g 5-MeO-DALT hydrochloride with a m.p. of 163-164 degrees C. The infra-red spectrum of the free base contained the following major peaks (cm-1): 796, 923, 939, 1009, 1033, 1061, 1115. For the hydrochloride salt (cm-1): 809, 829, 837, 946, 1002, 1083, 1180. The GCMS indicated a purity >99% with the following fragments (m/z): 110 (diallylaminomethylene fragmen, 100%) 117 (26%), 145 (35%), 160 (5-methoxyindolemethylene fragment, 60%), 174 (8%), 229 (2%) and 270 (parent, 4%).

The solids that remained after the above decantation and ether washing were thoroughly ground up under 10 mL methylene chloride and removed by filtration to give 2.73 g. of fine white crystals of 5-methoxy-N,N,N-triallyltryptammonium iodide. The infra-red spectrum contained the following major peaks (cm-1): 818, 860, 952, 998, 1085, 1188. To a solution of 1.1 g. phenyl mercaptan (10 mM) in 20 mL acetone there was added 0.4 g. 50% W/W aq. NaOH followed by 2.2 g of this quaternary salt, and the mixture was held at reflux on the steam-bath for 18 hrs. After removal of the volatiles on the rotary evaporator, the residue brown solids were suspended in 75 mL water which was made acidic by the addition of aqueous HCl. This was washed with 3x40 mL methylene chloride (the washings were saved), made basic with 5% aq. NaOH and extracted with 3x40 mL methylene chloride. The combined extracts were stripped of solvent on the rotary evaporator yielding .12 g of crude 5-MeO-DALT as a light brown oil that crystallized. The methylene chloride washings (saved above) was extracted with dilute H2SO4 (leaving the diphenyldisulfide reaction product in the organic phase), made basic, extracted with methylene chloride which, on being stripped of solvents on the rotary evaporator, yielded an additional 0.37 g. additional crude 5-MeO-DALT. These two lots were combined and distilled at the KugelRohr to give 0.32 g. of a fraction boiling at 155-165 degrees C at 20 microns. This was converted to the hydrochloride salt as described above, yielding 0.30 g of 5-MeO-DALT HCl. GCMS analysis showed this the be 95% pure with a 5% contamination with the mono-deallylated base 5-MeO-NALT. The fragmentation pattern of this base (m/z) was: 70 (allylaminomethylene, 50%), 160, 161 (5-methoxyindolemethylene, 40%, 100%), 230 (parent, 10%).

DOSAGE : 12 - 20 mg. orally

DURATION : 2 - 4 h

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS (from various sources) : (with 10 mg. orally) "I am looking at everything through someone's open friendly eyes, not mine. I would like to go through life like this if others saw me as OK. I am 10 feet tall, my pulse is 72 but uneven, and light-headed is a better describer of where I am than psychedelicized."

(with 16 mg. orally) "The music was fabulous, as was the sex and neither of us had a problem with orgasm. But there was a total lack of imagery -- less than I would normally have to the music when unstoned, so there might have been an actual suppression. I was pretty much baseline by the third hour."

(with 20 mg. orally) "It's coming on strongly in 15 minutes, and at the half hour point I am at a +++ with eyes closed -- but nothing with them open! No hang-over."

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : The rapid onset and rapid drop-off of 5-MeO-DALT is remarkable. With oral administration, it is common to be aware of the effects in less than 15 minutes and to be fully there at the half-hour point. This implies absorption into the blood stream directly from the stomach and rapid metabolic destruction. To my total suprise, this compound is not in the scientific literature, at least as searched by Chem. Abstracts. Its synthesis and its pharmacology have never been published.

There are a number of modifications of the two double bonds on there on the nitrogen alkyl groups that would be interesting to explore. If they were changed from double bonds to triple bonds, one would have 5-methoxy-N,N-dipropargyltryptamine, or 5- MeO-DPRT. I have made a little bit of it but it was quite impure and difficult to clean up. The complexity of the GCMS patterns suggested that there might be some chemistry going on between the two propargyl groups.

Another direction possible for modifying the structure would be to relocate the oxygen in indole ring over to the 4- position. 4-Methoxytryptamine is commercially available, and it should be directly substitutable for the 5-methoxytryptamine used in this synthetic process giving rise to 4-MeO-DALT. Yet further out, what about starting the 4-benzyloxytryptamine and walking the same path? The product could be easily stripped of the benzyl ether by the usual catalytic hydrogenation, giving rise to the diallyl analogue of psilocin, 4-HO-DALT. I would wager a ten dollar bet that the acetate ester of this material, 4-AcO-DALT would be in the brain within minutes of swallowing the pill.

There are a lot of interesting extensions, but all of them would call for careful chemistry. And, of course, the essential care of tasting new things in very small increasing doses. Some of these could be extremely potent.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  6. Labrat

Labrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sigh! Another one up for the chopping block [​IMG]

7. djryand

djryand Newbie

Reputation Points:
    God bless you Dr. Shulgin. You are truly a Godsend in this fucked up world. Thank you for all that you do, and keep creating crazy ass chems!!!!

8. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:

*yup definetly sounds quite promising*; I cant wait to pick up his new book i have TihKal and PihKal and im ready to add one more Shulgin book to the collection

9. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    couldnt find it in tihkal.. i believe alfa had mentioned something about shulgin discussing this one in his new book due out soon.

10. Labrat

Labrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nobody knows much about 5-MeO-DALT except Shulgin himself since it is brand new. Pretty much all you can find is on Erowid. The information about it spread like wildfire by loose lips and itchy fingers. Good job fuckers!! [​IMG]

The time it took from that the loose lips flapped until a RC-vendor offerd it online has to be a fucking record - 8 weeks. This means that it is on the DEA kill-list and will soon be placed in its dark grave. Again, great fucking work a-holes.

11. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    chill out man all these drugs are going to be banned in the west very soon, thats whats happening at the moment.if young kids are getting ahold of these substances then that is just plain wrong and thats why its illegal simple, these things kill and it does'nt take very much with some to od on them

12. Labrat

Labrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Of course they are all going to be banned in the west. But why? I'll tell you why. It is because a-holes are selling them as candy over the net. 5-Meo-DMT andalpha-methyltryptamine has been available through chem suppliers since the sixties without being banned. A european company started offering various tryptamines mentioned in TIHKALsometime around -97. So far no problems at all. Then the shit hit the fan during -03 and during this year the shitchanged character from hard lumpsto free flowing faeces when compound after compoundwas scheduled.Truly great work!

I for oneis not at all sad that the operation web tryp went down. It was bound to happen sooner or later and as it now happened some real dirtbag-vendors went down. Thisstopped them from capitalizing on the entire TIHKAL and PIHKAL.

So no, I won't chill when a new5-MeO-DALT is advertized like the other ones and thereby being placed on deathrow. I will yell like a motherfu**er.[​IMG]

13. Triple7

Triple7 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    I agree with dr Ace.

I'd like to blame those who sell RC.. they should have a narrow list on
    what to sell.. as soon as something is sched.. then they pick next one.
    I think it would be better if they had 2 rc than 5-10.. especially in a
    small country like Sweden. But now it is probably too late.. few
    international organizations are cooperating for a world-wide ban.

In a few week boys (especially some of you who live in EU)... I bet you
    can kiss good bye to lot of the good RC. I can fortune tell that 2005
    will be another bad year for RC.. not as violent as 2004 in USA.. but
    still bad.

This is the era of Last Vegas.

Take Care.

14. lociel

lociel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Research Chemicals is becoming a serious situation in my country with it is expressed "legal drugs".

Accidents of the people who don't have correct knowledge happen, and the prohibition is advanced.

The Ministry of Health and Welfare of my country is announcing that they will increase the kind of the prohibited material.

The situation is different from former.
    "Legal drugs" Movement has already happened in my country.
    It's very serious.

15. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is there any more information about this new book anywhere? I tried searching, and really didn't find much.

Peace,

D.

16. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    theres one avilable to buy at online book stores called 'The Simple Plant Isoquinolines'

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  17. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh, ok then. I've seen that offered, but I thought there was yet another one.

5-MeO-DALT
    Entry from a forthcoming book
    by Alexander & Ann Shulgin
    Aug 2004

Are you sure there's not a new book in the works? Simple Plant was pub. in 2002 I think, but I haven't seen it yet.

Peace,
    D.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  18. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    there is another in the process, with many new compounds, some will
    have more general antidepressent qualitys I have heard. Methlyone might
    be in there too :)

19. erinmakowski

erinmakowski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Legal drugs don't make them safe everyone, so the next person thinking of taking an "unknown" quantity of any of these things need to wake up to the fact that SOME of these materials can cause an OD. Some easier when insufflated, so PLEASE pay attention to the history behing these substances and BEWARE of careless activities...

It's always one STUPID shit that ruins it for thousands to come...

Let's stop being stupid, and start being responsible for everyones sake...

20. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    l

lociel,please let us know what is to be made illegal/legal in your country.i am sorry to hear of the man dying from 5-meo-amt overdose,most unfortunate.