Opinions - 5-MEO-DIPT (Foxy methoxy) vs. 4-HO-DIPT (iprocin)

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Lacognac69, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Lacognac69

Lacognac69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was wondering what people thought about these two RC's. They seem like they should have fairly similar effects based on the similarity in structure and based on reading experience reports they sound fairly similar. What are the differences between these two as far as hallucinagenic properties and overall fun? Also is it safe to order foxy to the U.S. now that it is illegal or would that probably be a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  2. diggitydawg

diggitydawg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i'd say foxy for overall fun.......lasts longer and i've heard itz easier to be social......heard visuals are similiar but i believe all hallucinagenic properties can vary with dosage.......just some thoughts

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    6 of One; half a Dozen of the Other.

The way I have lived it, 4-HO and 4-Acytoxy are pretty darn close to each other ... in effect, in time of effect.

To my system, both Research Chemicals last about 12 hours. While it may sound good that you can squeeze 12 hours out, it is a long time to be tripping.

LSD (and its 5-hour trip) is quite long enough. The reason they call it a trip, is because those 5 hours feel like a month. These Research Chemicals are the same ... AND different.

As far as the timing of theireffects, 4-Acytoxy kicks-in a little bit faster for me (in, say 17 minutes, when taken in a gelatin capsule), versus 4-HO, which takes 3 or4 minutes later.

On the end-of-trip timing, the last hour of 4-Acytoxy is quieter. It quietly fades away, with justgentle reminders that I am still on the Research Chemical journey.

My experience has been formed by quite a few trips on each of them. BUT, these effects are but tiny indications of what another person will feel. The differences between other psychedelics is much more pronounced than these chemical twins. As I have read on THE website, 4-Acytoxy breaks down into 4-HO, as it digests in my body. I have happy that these 2 guys are in my life.

4. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    For me Foxy (5-MeO-DIPT) and 4-HO/ACO-DIPT areCOMPLETELY different.

4-HO/ACO-DIPT is a wonderful visual, euphoric, music enhancing, aphrodisiac drug. One of my absolute favourites.

Foxy on the other hand makes me feel listless, bored, depressed and overall thoroughly miserable. The visuals and music enhancement are there but I'msimply not interested in them. It's not a bad trip just a pointless experience. I'm aware how some people love Foxy, but it just shows how differently we can all react to these chems.

5. Tarkovsky

Tarkovsky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It seems clear to me after a pretty extensive history with LSD, foxy, and 4ho-aco/dipts that Foxy is close to LSD, whereas the 4ho compounds are similar to psilosybin mushrooms. I've noticed that most of the foxy over the years is very dirty and has given the chemical itself a bad name. However a good batch of fresh 5meo-dipt was the closest experience to a fresh batch of LSD-25.

To further elaborate, it seems to me the 4hos have a more "organic" feel, and tend to bring up subconcious currents in a similar way to mushrooms. I actually prefer good foxy but haven't tasted any for over a year.

Cheers,
    Tark

6. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think some of these tryptamines are dirty cause they oxidize fairly readily and take on a brownish color. None the less they do hold their potency for some time even when discolored.

4-HO-DiPT is a very fun drug and In my opnion better that psilocin. It last shorter but is more intense, and just a overall hoot[​IMG]! It seems to be very imporatnt to take Iprocin (4-HO-DiPT) on an empty stomach to experience it's full effects. Otherwise it seems to pass through the stomach too slowly and never builds up to much.