5-meo-dmt insufflation

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by RoboCop, May 5, 2005.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I wanted to start a topic directed specifically on 5-meo-dmt insufflation, what others here thought about it which they liked more and how it compared to swims. I have read reports on erowid but I find members of this community to be a far more reliable source. I found snorting 5-meo-dmt more pleasant and overall more of a trip, there was less of the overwhelming heart racing energy rush and more of a trip sensation, visuals where also more noticable to swim. Swim insufflated 5-meo-dmt multiple times in the 15-30mg range, always with similiar effects the trip usually lasts an hour for him, unlike with smoking I was able to lie back and notice visuals each time. Laying back on swims sofa he stared at his ceiling during the peak of his trip. His ceiling has squares throughout it and in each square are patterns. The longer swim stared at a square the squares around it would constantly dissappear and reappear, the patterns with the square he was watching would sway. The feeling of euphoria and laughing for no reason also came to swim with this way of intake. The room I was in would take on a slight change of visual aspect like when he is on shrooms/lsd. At one point swim suspected maybe what he got was not 5-meo-dmt because his effects where not anything like all of the experience reports he has read. Swim also never took what he thought to be to much with this route. The only negative would be the nasal drip/burn which lasts about 10 minutes for swim, sometimes so bad it hurts to swallow but he found this a small price to pay for the trip. With smoking I don't really feel like he is tripping, just a huge energy rush and racing of the heart, very rarely gets beyond that point.

What did you guys think of this method? How far away was your views on it from swims?

2. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah Id say thats spot on. although a 20 milligram dose wouldnt really give anyone I know visuals, a 30 would. Id say its qualatatively similar to mushrooms, but in a weird rushy sort of way.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Insufflation ... how is it, going UP?

I actually have a (small) supply of 5-MeO-DMT. I have not tried it (so far) because of its less-than-normal route of ingestion.

Maybe you can share a little more about it. You mentioned that it gives a "nasal drip/burn which lasts about 10 minutes."

Can you talk about this some more, e.g., how much burn? I ask, because my nose is a little sensitive.

And, what about later? Any longer-lasting nose issues, like having to blow several times?

The trip lasted an hour for Swim. Is that start-to-finish, or just until the major effects subside?

And, last but not least, which Research Chemical does this goodie compare to?

4. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is there any way to avoid the nasal burn sensation ??

5. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I think you cannot avoid it. It's a freebase, so it is alkaline, and
    it's solutability in water is almost zero...so...it will allways burn.
    maybe you can try something experimental with dissolving it in ethanol
    and spraying it into your nose. With keta it is quite easily to do (but Keta dissolves perfectly in water).
    Therefore you should calculate the dose carefully (how much ml one
    press on the spray button and so on...)

Afterwards rinse your nose with the nose care sets from drugstores. Some have camilla or ocean salt inside, that helps a bit.

Edited by: Dimitri

6. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok ! Thanks Dimitri, I was almost sure that it was unavoidable, but who knows !

Another question : is 5-meo-dmt everytime available in its freebase form ?

7. moeBius

moeBius Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    although 5meo-dmt is mostly sold as freebase there are some sources that sell the hcl. ask if you're not sure.
    i like to smoke my 5meo, the pain in the nose is so hard to me that it ruins most of the trip.

8. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    How does one smoke it?

I have only (so far) used Research Chemicals that I can pop into a gelatin capsule. I am readying myself for an experience with 5-MeO-DMT.

Just minutes ago I just ordered a 2 mg-accuracy My Weigh scale (this takes care of the dosing issue). I already have a 20 mg My Weigh, but now I'm moving UP in precision.

Now, I want to find out more about how to smoke it (as I think I have ruled-out the insufflation method, at least for the time being, because of possible nasal problems).

Does one roll it up into a cigarette? Heat it on a piece of foil? A magnifying glass on a sunny day?

The next thought that comes to mind: How much extra should I add, to make sure I get a "Full" dose?

Any help will be heartily appreciated.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I would suggest as follows regarding how to smoke 5-Meo-DMT: Take a weighed quantity and dissolve it in USP-grade acetone(many drugstores)for a ratio of 5mg/cc. Then take a measured amount of dried mint leaves, such as 100mg being one inhalation's worth as smoke. Using a pipette, drop 1cc of the acetone solution on 100mg of mint in a shallow, bowl-shaped glasscontainer. Place this near a warm lightbulb and allow the acetone to fully evaporate. Be careful - acetone is very flammable!

Once the mint/5-Meo-DMT is dried, place the mint into a one-hit bowl and light same and inhale slowly the full amount. 5mg is plenty - though you can adjust this to your liking. Let the smoke out your nose slowly and GOODBYE!

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you nagognog2.

A big weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I have been worrying about this new Research Chemical (and how to actually use it).

Now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will allow your advice to sink in for a few days. Then I take my new 2 mg scale (and some acetone, and some mint leaves), and prepare myself for a new experience.

Life is so much better when I don't have to feel that I must do something absolutely new (and therefore, somewhat dangerous), especially when this Research Chemical is pretty strong at pretty small doses. Now, I will follow in the footsteps of someone who has been there already (certainly a better way to go). Peace.

My Memorial Day is going to be better than ever.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh yes - do this on an empty stomach. Though not nauseating on an empty belly, if you have eaten recently - you WILL need a mop! Effects last 17-20 minutes. If you use marijuana as the carrier in place of mint, the effects are prolonged. I'd suggest trying it straight before mixing it to learn what it's about. Do it sitting down with something soft behind you. You will likely go backwards while stating the immortal words: "OH MY GOD!!!"

Bon Voyage.

12. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    vaporizing is better IMO. ignition never helps. why adulterate it with inactives?

13. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    nagognog2

your mint leaf method sounds like the way to go if you don't have
    scales accurate enough, I have one question. Will this work with
    freebase or just HCl?

My friend wants to try some but his source is freebase and he has scales 0.02 accurate so he doesn't want to use them

</span>

14. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    "Is there any way to avoid the nasal burn sensation ??"
    "I think you cannot avoid it. It's a freebase, so it is alkaline,"

Please pardon my ignorance I've never seen freebase is it possible to snort it?

I've seen pictures of freebase coke and it didn't look snortable

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have never seen 5-Meo-DMT offered as anything other then the free base. And the HCl would not be soluble in acetone. Also, as the molecule is diffused into the mint, it IS volatized. And most effectively I might add. I've tried it both ways. Try the mint route. We were playing with this molecule since 1978. We tried everything. Even walking.

16. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I read recently that you can smoke your 5-meo-dmt with a "smoke bubble", this kind of cheap vaporizer that you can find on some web-shops.

Can anyone confirme this ????

17. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes of course...

Smoke bubbles are my prefered smoking tool for all rcs.
    They
    work great...but CHEAP? You get quality ones for about 20 Euro and
    indian-break-after-third-toke bubbles for half the price or less. You
    can even make your own by having fun with your toolbox and a real
    lightbubble.

My looks quite exactly like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

or bigger see here: http://www.plantarium.biz/site/presskit/Smoke_Bubble_01.jpg

18. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ah I forgot to say the advantages / disadvantages:

1. very big advantage is: because the 5-Meo-DMT runs away (getting
    liquid) before it is becoming smoke when you heat it, it is nice it can
    not fall somewhere. It just keeps on the bottom of the bubble. Nothing
    is lost in this bubble, everything stays inside the bubble -
    liquid or as crystals.

2. you can smoke slowly, the air comes in correct dosed and you see the smoke and can therefore dose your breath perfectly.

3. Cleaning is very comfortable. Also recrystallizing products on the
    glass are easy to get out by scratching or heating. So if you have
    something left, you can just keep it there and use it later again. or
    clean it if you want)

4. ..., it is light, handy, stable (exept the mouth piece), ...and so on.

Disadvantages:

- It is getting hot of course, and you need something not burnable to
    lay it down or someone taking it out of your hand. I already burnt my
    skin by "not knowing what to do with it" during the rush.

- the "Spaceglass" version is quite expensive (around 20 Euro) but I guess it's worth.

All in all the best smoking tool for "basable" Substances. If I didn't had
    the money I would have built one myself. I think somewhere is an
    description how to do it here in the drugs-forum.

19. Drugnoise

Drugnoise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Someone tried a little, snuffed, but was already high from smoking it on ashes and just did it for a taste, nothing negative. Could see it burning at a real dose but that's half the price and part of the experience, i'd figure. That's how things seem to be with those RC's but they freak me out.

Like one source was little crystals and tasted like candy another was powder and tasted not like chemical candy but just chemical. Similar effects while smoked but no punch like the first tiny-crystal stuff and that was the shiftier source, but it was properly potent.

The powder stuff had less kick but those users could have just had their cherries popped and were expecting a big bang again. always if not often impossible to tell for sure without a test kit.

okay i'm babbling like an idiot now, sorry if you're reading my long winded useless entry here.

In conclusion, subjects found smoking it in a joint to be intense but more enjoyable, and/or controlled.

Not MY self, found it great to just sprinkle a little in a weak homestone joint to spice it up nicely. Sprinkling any other substance in a weed joint has never been so affective or beneficial. This is the method i'd recommend to people who want to test the waters or have some crazy yet fun party experiences.

If you're just jumping in head first, smoke in glass vaporizer pipe with torch lighter. and sit back and relax / ride it out.

Snort it if you need to step it up after that, but I'd want to test it with a testkit first if i was caring about my health.