5-meo-dmt keeps running away. ..

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Dr_H, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I have some 5-meo-dmt and has measured 5mg. This was then split in half and he has been eyeballing against this.A glass pipet is being used, a tube with a buble on the end.The interesting part is that after the 3rd attempt he noticed that it melted and then ran away from the flame. Then got 3 more tokes just chasing the melted liquid around the pipet. Is there a way to prevent this. I am trying to determing the effect of the specific dosage having a hard time getting the specific dosage. coments. . . .

2. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's what it does. To fix that problem, SWIM made a pipe out of a nightlight type bulb, that comes to a point. Works rather well, and allows you to control your hits rather well cause of its smaller size. PM me if you need more details.

Peace,

D.

3. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Can you make the vaporizer out of a stripped out car cigarette lighter heating element hooked up to a 12 volt battery with a funnel over the top of the element to catch the smoke?

I used to do this with mj when I did that, worked quite well too

4. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dunno about that, it'd probably melt into the coils and cause problems. Might work if desperate, but a light bulb is so easy to make and works so well I'd say just go with that.

Peace,

D.

5. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    No , you don't use straight coils/ heating element for RC's, only for MJ. For Rc's I would instead use a small stainless steel or pyrex dish on top of the coil. heating can be regulated with either a variable transformer or else a fast on/ off switch

6. moeBius

moeBius Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.K.
    i had quite good experiences with a vaporizer built like this:

hope this helps

7. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Same basic idea, just a smaller bulb. Will post a pic of a friends as soon as I get off school today...

Peace,

D.

8. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Good design but the pipet is much smaller and all one piece, just a glass tube leading to a glass sphere but the sphere is marble size.

I have trouble with the material running away in a sphere the size of a marble, this bulb would give it a much bigger space to run around in.

I think that HippieD9's bulb must have a point to it or something to prevent it from traveling. I am patiently waiting for the picture. . .

9. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    He said a night light type bulb, pretty self explanatory. get the smallest clear bulb you can find at the hardware store. maybe even a large flashlight bulb will work with the right microengineering........ I do like the idea of using all glass tubing leading out.

10. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sorry for taking so long, it got knocked over at a buddies house this weekend. [​IMG]I'll get a pic as soon as I make another one. Dr H is right, it does come to a point. Works much better than a round bulb. I promise, I'll get a pic soon [​IMG]

11. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just hold the lighter in the same place,under the liquid until it flashes and combusts.i use pre flamed foil for this as it is easier than playing around with light bubs.

12. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    [​IMG]

13. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    If someone can tell me how to post a pic I will show you the pipet. It still seems like the easiest way and the glass is much smaller than the nightlite, about he size of a marble. Serpent, the problem is that if you hold the flame in a spot, the material melts and then flows away from the heat source. I believe this would still happen in the nightlite.In fact it looks like there are quite a few hits left in the nightlite pic.After many more experiments i am comming to the conclusion that it is my flame and not the pipet that is the problem. My lighter was running low, I got a new one and just about knocked myself on my ass.

Please tell me how to post a pic .

14. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just click on the little icon in the top right of the response box with the little up arrow on it. The nightlight works great, no real running problems. Now I'm using a large test tube with a 2 hole stopper, and I like that even better. I'll post when I get a pic.

Peace,

D.

15. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    [​IMG]

Thank you HippieD9, this is the pipet. They are about $5 at any head shop in Ca. It works great now that I have a decent flame. But now I also have a very clear idea of what you were talking about. It is the build up that worries me. I want to know how much I am using, the build up really throws the accuracy out the window unless you flame it clean between every use.

16. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't worry about the build-up too much, it never really affected things for me, and that bulb was used to death before it was retired. You're lucky to be able to find a pipe like that, there are NONE to be had in IL.

Peace,

D.

17. Dr_H

Dr_H Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Wow, I had not considered that they are not sold at head shops in every state or that there might not be head shops in every state. I do not know much about glass blowing but I think they are pretty easy to make if you get a torch and a glass tube that they sell for glass blowing. I have never tried so can not really say. Do thay have head shops in IL? If so do they sell glass supplies too? If so you could ask what it would take or if it is difficult to make something similar. Once i figured out that the flame was the issue it was nothing but success!

18. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh yeah, there are head shops, but none carry anything like that. They're even kinda hard to find online, I found one in the UK and one in california, and neither place wanted to ship on to me. Oh well, I say the test tube is NICE.

Peace,

D

19. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    See the sources forum.

20. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    a glass slider peace and tin foil make a nice crack pipe.......