1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - 5F-PB-22 Drug Info

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by Basoodler, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Basoodler

Basoodler Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Please post info about 5F-PB-22 here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with 5F-PB-22 can be found in the following thread: 5F-PB-22 Experiences

Trivial Name: 5F-PB-22
    Synonyms: 5-fluoro-PB-22, 5F-PB22, PB-22F
    IUPAC Name: quinolin-8-yl 1-(5-fluoropentyl)-1H-indole-3-carboxylate
    Molecular Formula: C[SUB]23[/SUB]H[SUB]21[/SUB]FN[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB]
    Molecular Mass: 376.4 g/mol

[​IMG]

Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
    Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
    Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
    The Research Chemical Index

_________
    (end mod edit)

Its weird I found a trip report but no IUPAC.

Trip report from another forum

Post all information on 5F-PB22 in this thread

when asked about the difference pb22 and 5Fpb22 he says this

Could they be starting to leave the IUPAC out to slow down legislation?... I find it odd they list a CAS and have a 2D model, but no IUPAC.. on a couple of these new ones

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:
    Re: 5f-pb22

The spare literature available on this says it's a step below 5F-UR-144 in terms of sheer potency, but above UR-144, AKB48, et al. Some people experience too many unwanted side effects and PB-22 has been indicated in animal studies with causing/making diabetes worse; I'm not sure what would make 5F-PB-22 any safer in that regard.

That being said, the usual 'noid crowd will probably like it. Seems up their alley. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. DrBD

DrBD Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Unlikely. The American Chemical Society (ACS) runs the Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) to assign unique identifiers (CAS-RNs) to new compounds as they emerge. A 2D structure of any feasible molecule can be drawn by an undergraduate chemistry student. Assigning an IUPAC name to this structure is a little trickier if you are unfamiliar with the rules of systematic nomeclature, but simple enough for any professional chemist. Do you REALLY think big government anywhere lacks a department with a single professional chemist who can provide an IUPAC for any structure? I think the IUPAC is left out simply because it's harder for a non-expert to generate (ie, laziness).

How do these compounds get a CAS-RN so quickly when there are no reports of their structure in the scientific literature? I can only believe that some professional body, government agency or otherwise, continually tracks the web for new RC releases and submits CAS-RN requests in each case.

Anyone have any other explanation?

4. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:

The purported CAS numbers for these allegedly novel substances are often fabricated. The actual chemical composition of such products is often just as bogus. If the manufacturers of these substances were actually applying for a CAS number then the DEA would be watching those new registrations like a hawk.

5. DrBD

DrBD Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I don't think the manufacturers would be the ones applying, there is no reason for them to do so. In fact, it is to their disadvantage. I think some other professional body (maybe CAS itself) is responsible for tracking new chemical entities and requesting a CAS-RN for them. I don't think you apply for CAS-RN like a driver licence. Every molecule published in a scientific paper is eventually assigned as CAS-RN. This happens in an automated way without the authors initiating any sort of CAS-RN request.

My question is how does this happen for the cases where no scientific publication has reported the structure? That is, many recently identified RCs.

6. Basoodler

Reputation Points:

Where about is the study? It would be good to document it in the thread.. just for hard headed people who need mega proof to be dissuaded from use :)

7. DrBD

DrBD Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Nevermind, the 5F-PB-22 CAS-RN is wrong. Interestingly, the structure assigned to 1364933-60-7 is shown below, and is of the case I discuss above (ie, no reports in the scientific literature).

untitled.gif

8. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:

One can apply for a compound to be registered in the CAS database and assigned a number. Since novel compounds rarely have an existing CAS number and are not documented in patent or scientific literature this is the only way that a CAS number could be associated with a grey market product so quickly. You are correct that CAS also curate the scientific literature for compounds.

It's common to see a totally novel research chemical advertised with a CAS number that does not exist to give the product an air of legitimacy and professional competence to the naive reader. I'm sure that this practice comes from the top of the chain, with the manufacturers giving their wholesalers these bogus CAS numbers. It's not that vendors initially advertise their products without a CAS number then update the information when the compound is registered. It's often a lie from the outset.

9. fourtysevenpercent

fourtysevenpercent Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Quick update. Here are some notes.

Product is a cream vanilla light brown, very powdery. More potent than AKB48(current noid used). Strong resemblance of 5F-UR-144's dissociative qualities. More head high than UR-144, but there appears to be a lot of cb2/indica type effects, except... It's pretty god damn head high like the crazy ass 5F-UR-144 and I got a little panicky, then again this was the first test on it and I'm sure I will like it more eventually haha. It's short acting, stoning with the crazy "spice high". Me and my friends all say "Let's get spicy! or You wanna get spicy?" and "Do you want to get uncomfortable? or I'm trying to get uncomfortable right now". This does the job. So in that am2201 head high realm compared to akb48 and ur-144 lacking that. And PB22 has not been tested yet either....

There is a lot of cb2 effects noted, after having a 14 hour day working, my ankle swollen, wrist fucked up, I was in so much pain it was hard to walk. This loosened me right up, but I did get very high there for a minute, not too long really =/.... the delirium on 5F-UR-144 lasts longer.

This comes from a cannabinoid tolerant user, rarely gets anxiety from cannabis, experienced with the latest 'noids, etc. I would pick this one if I knew what I knew now and was a beginner, we'll say that I guess... Unless you like to get spicy ;)

I'm sure that if I was happy about the fact I vape noids, I might have gotten a smile on my face from being so high, but it tasted so weird!

I'd do a more detailed experience report but you have to admit, there is information here!

10. DXMpsyco

DXMpsyco Newbie

Reputation Points:

Damn, the OP quoted someone as saying they used 12 mgs. Is that with a fat tolerance, is it really that weak, or is it a typo?

11. fourtysevenpercent

Reputation Points:

Batches vary obviously, but it sure didn't take me 12 mg's.

Also here's an update...

I woke up in the middle of the night, and vomited almost immediately, all over the sink and wall and floor.... I had this terrible head-heart pounding migraine for 12 hours. The only thing I can think of is the 5F-PB22, it was like being hungover on alcohol, to the extreme. I only tried this chemical once though. Debating on it now haha.

12. Basoodler

Reputation Points:

Its a direct quote from another forum. It could be a typo I guess..

fourtysevenpercent

Can you clarify the following?

- dose
    - come up
    - peak duration
    - come down

Effects

- good
    - neutral
    - bad

Keep them in bullets for the sake of clarity

13. fourtysevenpercent

Reputation Points:

• Dose +-3mg
    • Come up <1m
    • Peak duration <20m
    • Come down <45-85m

Effects

• Good - That positive, uplifting type high akin to 5F-UR-144, but stoning at the same time unlike 5F-UR-144
    • Neutral - Red eyes, cotton mouth, slight paranoia but manageable
    • Bad - Pretty sure I developed a head ache after about 45 minutes into it. Higher doses will obviously cause anxiety, unlike AKB48 which is way more forgiving.

I am going to post a real update later with more information and clarity, and the lack of other noids present. The plan is to create an herbal mixture of about 50mg per 1g plant material, whatever dose that comes out to per hit. I may alter that. I feel that vaping can be to inaccurate as I don't know how to vape properly through glass. Please give me advice on how to post a proper report so I can have a guide line. I'll be joining friends as well.

14. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:

12 mg of that stuff would've given the user a hellish experience akin to taking too much 5F-UR-144, IMO. Somebody 'eyeballed' their dose (and guessed an incorrect number), I speculate. 3mg is considered too much by that measure, according to the literature about it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  15. NoahLDiamond

NoahLDiamond Newbie

Reputation Points:

This new chemical, no matter how they try to work it, is straight up poison. I can't put into words how hard it is to quit such a substance. I advise ANYONE and EVERYONE to stay away from it.

16. Phenoxide

Reputation Points:

Please do try and put it into words. Discussion fora don't work at all well without words. What are your experiences with this particular substance?

17. fourtysevenpercent

Reputation Points:

Todays research, on top of some AKB48, provided a high very reminiscent of 5F-UR-144. Possibly more stoning. Very potent.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  18. fourtysevenpercent

Reputation Points:

Dislike, causes head pounding headaches eventually, sometimes initially. Overdoses(minor) can be frightening and affect vision. Friends comments= "feels like real weed, how weird".

19. fourtysevenpercent

Reputation Points:

Made a blend with 1g 5f-pb22 to FOURTY grams of herb. Gave it to a friend. That's like 25mg per gram and it's still very potent.

So be very cautious with the POTENCY of this compound. I cannot believe how potent it is! SUBMILLIGRAM doses for non-tolerant!

20. davidude

davidude Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Can anyone please help my pet monkey, by telling him an average does of regular pb-22? He can find no dosage information. Hes wondering if he makes some incense, if 1g pb-22 to 1oz of leaf would have any effects?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013