6 Second hit

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Munchies420, May 31, 2005.

1. Munchies420

Munchies420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i heard a rumor that only the first 6 seconds of a hit matter, after that its just a waste? any1 else heard about this?

2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Thats just some wierd theory, I don't know how people come up with this stuff. I never really spent the time to research exactly how THC absorption works through the lungs. Whats some more peoples theory on this? I know holding in helps, but unlike salvia you will get high no matter what.

3. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    7 seconds for nicotine to hit your brain, but the longer you hold the more is absorbed. Ive read this thread before don't double post use search

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's actually true in the sense that if you hold a toke for six seconds, it won't get you more stoned. It just seems like that because of the lack of oxygen.

But if the toke is continual (like a bong) you will certainly get more high the more you toke.

5. Munchies420

Munchies420 Newbie

Reputation Points:

6. Munchies420

Munchies420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry (I am stoned), but what i was gonna say is so u can inhale for
    longer then 6 seconds and that is whhat will get u more stoned but
    holding it for more then 6 seconds won't afffect how high u get?

7. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Anyone have links to actually documented facts on this? Instead of useless 'hear say'? Would be great.

So you guys are saying all the THC from a hit is absorbed within the first six seconds. Holding it in more does not absorb more THC into the lungs. Please post some proof.

8. Munchies420

Munchies420 Newbie

Reputation Points:

i have non, thus why i created this post. but i too would like anb info on this tppnic

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    There is no proof for a small detail like this. I read something once long long ago about it but that doesn't matter because I can't find it. Sorry if I'm not a reference book.

10. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    basically what i read was, you get between 85 and 95 percent of the possible THC in the first ten seconds, however after that you will continue to absorb all the other carcinogens and perhaps cannibinoids in the smoke.

Sounds like you could get higher after 10 seconds to me, but not much, wouldnt stop me if i felt like it tho.Edited by: BA

11. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i read that about 90% of the THC is absorbed in the first 3 or 4
    seconds. after that, you are jst increaseing the amount of tar and
    whatnot. Then again, this came from one of those pamphlets published by
    the government from a drug-rehab center, so it might be total bullshit

12. boomer0

boomer0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i read online that someone who had talked to a real doctor told him holding it in makes little difference. he said that the lungs only absorb moving particles so if you breath your hits in and out a few times you'll mix around the smoke and you'll be absorbing more chemicals (probly more tar/carcinogens too, but it's all relative).

13. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sometimes I hold IT for 45 seconds ... it's good for me.

When I read about some Magic cut-off time for 90% of the THC to absorb into my lungs, I am un-impressed. Different bodies (and their set of lungs) operate differently. This may explain the wide range of times reported (3 seconds, or 3 times that long). One person thinks 90% is absorbed in 3 or 4 seconds. The thread starts with a 6-second time limit. Another person suggests 90% is absorbed in 10 seconds.

My thinking is: How can I get that other 10% of the THC? Obvious answer: Hold it in longer. When I take a Bomber hit, and hold it for 45 seconds or more, I am doing my part for the Ecology (recycle 10% more pot into my body). Use it, or lose it.

14. amd6568

amd6568 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's the safe method and am not sure if it is true. I hold it in longer either way, but it's not safe obviously to hold it in longer than 6-12 seconds, so just count... 1 mississippi... 2 mississippi... all the way to 6 and your strait.

15. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    who says its not safe?

not one documented case of lung cancer from marijuana, and i'm willin to bet more than one person has held there hits every time they smoked for years.

i agree with solidly, i want that extra ten percent so i do the "ghost hit" thing if thats what you wanna call it.

but for whats its worth in swims oppinion he can clearly note the difference in highness when he holds hits in and when hedoesnt.

16. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    i see no reason to hold hits after u swallow, i used to think that it would get me more stoned but i soon learned that it doesn't make much difference after u swallow once

i would rather take a gravity bong hit and get 10 times more smoke shot up into my lungs than hold a small ass hit for 6 seconds that won't do much anyway