1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - 7.5mg klonopin (Clonazepam) what to expect

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Rise against, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    sorry my dog is new to benzos and has a little experience with kpins. andways he has taken 7.5 mgs of chlonazepam in the last couple hours and really doesnt feel a whole lot. thought he would be messed up by now but is still functioning fairly well. how long dose subliminal chlonazepam take to peak? should dog redose?

edit: redosed, up to 9mg by far the most i have ever taken... i weigh close to 245 and think i just need more for optimum results

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: 7.5mg klonopin what to expect

Damn that's a fuckTON. I black out after like 3 mg. Sometimes klonopin has the tendency to not be in your face until u realize it at some random point. the next day you'll be like what the fuck happened yesterday?

3. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

dam im up to 10mgs... still feeling a slight drunk feeling.... but not much. how longs it take to kick in... i might have fucked myself

4. Frmrjunkie

Frmrjunkie Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

Although I do not have the answer you seek, the consensus of this thread seems to think if solely colenzepam is ingested, which is by no means a smart thing to do & I would urge you to seek medical treatment or a sitter to make sure you do not stop breathing/do anything too regretful; that it would take ALOT of it to cause death.
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62341

5. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

thanks for the advice. just curious though, how long does kpins take to peak? its been 2-3 hours and im still just buzzin and feel a long waays from being fucked up.

6. Frmrjunkie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

From what I just read, they can take 1-4hours to take effect. Article will be edited in shortly.

DESCRIPTION
    Klonopin, a benzodiazepine, is available as scored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 0.5 mg of clonazepam and unscored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 1 mg or 2 mg of clonazepam. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch, with the following colorants: 0.5 mg—FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake; 1 mg—FD&C Blue No. 1 Lake and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake.
    Klonopin is also available as an orally disintegrating tablet containing 0.125 mg, 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg or 2 mg clonazepam. Each orally disintegrating tablet also contains gelatin, mannitol, methylparaben sodium, propylparaben sodium and xanthan gum.
    Chemically, clonazepam is 5-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-7-nitro-2H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. It is a light yellow crystalline powder. It has a molecular weight of 315.72 and the following structural formula:

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
    Pharmacodynamics
    The precise mechanism by which clonazepam exerts its antiseizure and antipanic effects is unknown, although it is believed to be related to its ability to enhance the activity of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. Convulsions produced in rodents by pentylenetetrazol or, to a lesser extent, electrical stimulation are antagonized, as are convulsions produced by photic stimulation in susceptible baboons. A taming effect in aggressive primates, muscle weakness and hypnosis are also produced. In humans, clonazepam is capable of suppressing the spike and wave discharge in absence seizures (petit mal) and decreasing the frequency, amplitude, duration and spread of discharge in minor motor seizures.
    Pharmacokinetics
    Clonazepam is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration. The absolute bioavailability of clonazepam is about 90%.Maximum plasma concentrations of clonazepam are reached within 1 to 4 hours after oral administration. Clonazepam is approximately 85% bound to plasma proteins. Clonazepam is highly metabolized, with less than 2% unchanged clonazepam being excreted in the urine. Biotransformation occurs mainly by reduction of the 7-nitro group to the 4-amino derivative. This derivative can be acetylated, hydroxylated and glucuronidated. Cytochrome P-450 including CYP3A, may play an important role in clonazepam reduction and oxidation. The elimination half-life of clonazepam is typically 30 to 40 hours. Clonazepam pharmacokinetics are dose-independent throughout the dosing range. There is no evidence that clonazepam induces its own metabolism or that of other drugs in humans.
    Pharmacokinetics in Demographic Subpopulations and in Disease States
    Controlled studies examining the influence of gender and age on clonazepam pharmacokinetics have not been conducted, nor have the effects of renal or liver disease on clonazepam pharmacokinetics been studied. Because clonazepam undergoes hepatic metabolism, it is possible that liver disease will impair clonazepam elimination. Thus, caution should be exercised when administering clonazepam to these patients.

entire article found here. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=21994&dictionary=on

7. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

thanks bro for the info... so far im still coherent and just buzzen a little. ill keep ya guys informed if it goes downhill. but im a pretty big guy and dont think ill get too fucked. maybe just a little tired later on... ive uses in the 4-6mg range a lot but never got fucked up unless alchol was also involved. im just relaxing tonight and hope i hit a euphoric dose with minimal side effects. i have done research about how the drug effects the system before hand and am not just winging it. just trying tofind a pleasurable dose range.

8. Frmrjunkie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

Hey I'm not a bro, but a bro-ette...damn know I'm all tall & kinda tom boy, but damn :D lol

If things turn bad DON'T LET US KNOW TIL MUCH LATER, BUT CALL 9-1-1! An experience report is always valuable information, but if you think shit has hit the fan, please call emergency services straight away & update us when you're all recovered.

9. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

haha my bad, didnt realize you where a chick... but yeah, for sure. ill give an update tomorrow to let you guys know im ok. i made a mistake, i read reports about people taking 20+ mgs of kpins. so i guess i didnt do enough research about a good starting dose. 6mg never reall did much to me so i bumped it up... think ill be ok but will have a phone close incase... thanks bro-ette haha.

Rise against added 342 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

UPDATE: i ended up taking 14.5 mg kpins (NO TOLERANCE) and Chugged a full bottle of wine.... never blacked out or lost any memories.... guess im just a tank. kinda tired though its 6 am and should probably get some sleep. thanks for the concerns!!!

10. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Holy shit thats a medical mystery, you sir ARE a tank lol I feel like you should get an award for that or something

Raol Duke added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Are you sure the pills werent bunk? Are them like right from the pharmacy?

11. Maranatha

Maranatha Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from U.S.A.

If the pills weren't fake, once that 10mg hits him, he'll most likely be blacked out and having conversations with his remote control and running around naked in his front yard (happened to me on K-pins one time lol) and be in no state of mind to do anything rational like call 911. He'll wake up 2 days from now and not remember anything.

Benzodiazepines by themselves are generally pretty safe in overdose because they cause only minimal respiratory depression on their own. It's when people mix high doses of them with things like Opiates that they are in danger.

The following is from Wikipedia:

12. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Re: 7.5mg klonopin what to expect

Did u miss this part? Lol he already went through the whole thing no problem

13. reef88

reef88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Shit. I can't even believe he did that without blacking out or falling asleep. Even people with tolerance cannot do that. It was a bad decision but it's good nothing bad happened.

14. Maranatha

Maranatha Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from U.S.A.

Yeah, I'm glad he's alright. I kind of think maybe his pills were either fake or really expired, because like reef88 said, even people with tolerance would have gotten more effects than he did.

15. Rise against

Rise against Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

hey guys, yeah i did survive 14.5mg plus a bottle of wine.... and yes they where legit from the pharm. im still feeling fucked up though, its been like 36 hours... thank god i just passed the fuck out and didnt end up in jail of something. haha. imho benzos just dont do it for me... its like being really drunk with no pleasure.

16. reef88

reef88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Be very careful with benzos. They are not to be fucked with. Seriously.

17. Frmrjunkie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

glad you're okay & nothing tragic happened...fuck i took 2mg of klonopin a couple nights ago & holy shit i staggered from passed out on sofa to passed out in bed. though i have zero benzo tolerance & weigh 75 pounds or so less than you Rise against

18. sadie2112

sadie2112 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

My dog recently took 28 mgs of klonopin. Not all at once, but within an hour. Although the next few days are fuzzy, she reported no other major side effects to speak of. She is prescribed 3mg a day, but hadnt been taking them for awhile. In fact, she has taken 15 over the past few hours and feels a little loopy, but okay other than that. Dont think she'll catch the end if the dark knight rises, but oh well. She wonders, just for tge sake of deepening her knowledge of such things, just how many it would take to overdose. She doesnt believe it possible. Gnite.

19. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

It seems that the LD-50 of clonazepam (and other benzo's) is pretty high. In fact, that's why they were made to replace barbiturates, because they were not nearly as prone to overdose.

With that being said, taking that much is a terribly stupid idea (no offense). For one, after so many milligrams, you aren't going to even notice any change in effects as you will most likely blackout. So its not worth it to take that much.

Secondly, when you are taking GABAergic drugs, you begin to lose your inhibitions; the more you take, the greater this effect will be. And while benzodiazepines are generally well tolerated, you could end up doing something stupid, or ever more stupid, drinking alcohol. Alcohol and benzo's are a lethal combination, and while the LD-50 is pretty high for most benzo's, adding alcohol can and would surely kill you.

Please consider this information before taking unnecessary amounts of drugs. Be safe :)

20. Gimpy

Gimpy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

That's a lot of clonazepam... Just saying, you should DEFINITELY feel a hard buzz after that, I never go over 2.5mg of K-pins, way too much for me.