7-hydroxy-mitragynine

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by dogen, Aug 19, 2005.

1. dogen

dogen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    anyone heard of or know of anyone who has tried this?

swim may have access to it soon, and he has asked me to do some research for him as he doesn't have access to a computer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    you have the spelling wrong, its mitragynine.

is this some sort of kratom isolate?

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    7-hydroxy-mitragynine is a strong drug found in kratom. It is stronger than morphine, but it is found in very small amounts in kratom. Mitagynine is found in much higher amounts in the plant.

4. dogen

dogen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmmm...i spelled it exactly as you did [​IMG]

he would like to know the recommended dose ranges, effects, etc...

he's assuming that it's quite like kratom, which he's never tried, only heard about.

any info would be much obliged.

5. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    According to some recent research it now appears that 7-hydroxy-mitragynine may be the main active component in kratom. Its there in much lower quantity than mitragynine but it is much more potent.

6. mushroom-man

mushroom-man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Has anyone tasted this yet? Apparently it is reported as
    being very difficult to synth from Mitragynine, and difficult to isolate from
    it in the natural product. It may be coming a near a rat soon.
    But she was wondering just how hard it should be to synth? Also, has anyone
    worked on an acid/base extraction procedure for these Kratom alkaloids?

She heard a rumor that it is very worthy of indepth research. Unfortunatly, initial $$ is a bit on the high side...

Peace,

Mush

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    There must have been more people tasting this material in the meantime. Please post experiences here.
    What was the dose, duration, after effects?

8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Here are some collected experiences and posts:

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Involvement of μ-opioid receptors in antinociception and inhibition of gastrointestinal transit induced by 7-hydroxymitragynine, isolated from Thai herbal medicine Mitragyna speciosa

Auteur(s) / Author(s)
    MATSUMOTO Kenjiro (1) ; HATORI Yoshio (2) ; MURAYAMA Toshihiko (2) ; TASHIMA Kimihito (1) ; WONGSERIPIPATANA Sumphan (3) ; MISAWA Kaori (4) ; KITAJIMA Mariko (4) ; TAKAYAMA Hiromitsu (4) ; HORIE Syunji (1) ;

Résumé / Abstract
    7-Hydroxymitragynine, a constituent of the Thai herbal medicine Mitragyna speciosa, has been found to have a potent opioid antinociceptive effect. In the present study, we investigated the mechanism of antinociception and the inhibitory effect on gastrointestinal transit of 7-hydroxymitragynine, and compared its effects with those of morphine.

When administered subcutaneously to mice, 7-hydroxymitragynine produced antinociceptive effects about 5.7 and 4.4 times more potent than those of morphine in the tail-flick (ED[50]=0.80 mg/kg) and hot-plate (ED[50]=0.93 mg/kg) tests, respectively. The antinociceptive effect of 7-hydroxymitragynine was significantly blocked by the μ[1]/μ[2]-opioid receptor antagonist β-funaltrexamine hydrochloride (β-FNA) and the μ[1]-opioid receptor-selective antagonist naloxonazine in both tests. Thus, 7hydroxymitragynine acts predominantly on μ-opioid receptors, especially on μ[1]-opioid receptors. Isolated tissue studies further supported its specificity for the μ-opioid receptors. Further, 7-hydroxymintragynine dose-dependently (ED[50]=1.19 mg/kg, s.c.) and significantly inhibited gastrointestinal transit in mice, as morphine does. The inhibitory effect was significantly antagonized by p-FNA pretreatment, but slightly antagonized by naloxonazine. The ED[50] value of 7-hydroxymitragynine on gastrointestinal transit was larger than its antinociceptive ED[50] value. On the other hand, morphine significantly inhibits gastrointestinal transit at a much smaller dose than its antinociceptive dose. These results suggest that μ-opioid receptor mechanisms mediate the antinociceptive effect and inhibition of gastrointestinal transit. This compound induced more potent antinociceptive effects and was less constipating than morphine.

Revue / Journal Title
    European journal of pharmacology (Eur. j. pharmacol.) ISSN 0014-2999 CODEN EJPHAZ
    Source / Source
    2006, vol. 549, no1-3, pp. 63-70 [8 page(s) (article)] (36 ref.)

Editeur / Publisher
    Elsevier, Amsterdam, PAYS-BAS (1967) (Revue)

Also see: 7-Acetoxy mitragynine

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I like the 7HO / mitragynine mix. SWIM usually does about 1mg worth of the former with about 5mg of the latter the way the tincture is made. This is dried on glass, scraped and insufflated. I feel it works well this way. 7HO can also be vaporized, though mitragynine cannot be. Since most isolates contain both, this might be wasteful. SWIM also usually likes to take these isolates on top of an oral dose of leaf, but has tried without and the effect is a little different.
    I do not get the hallucinations or stimulation from 7HO, but more of a narcotic / tranced-out state which in many ways is similar to standard opiates, but has its own edge.. I like this product the best of those available.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  11. bigfish1980

bigfish1980 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a bottle and would like to try it. can You tell me if their 7OHM was yellow in color? this would lead swim to believe that the product is tainted but maybe not. please respond if You 7OHM was also yellow in color. Thanks

12. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes, it's yellow.

13. bigfish1980

bigfish1980 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks, swim appreciates the info!

14. bigfish1980

bigfish1980 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried this yesterday and I have to say that there is definately in opiate receptor binding, but the feeling was not euphoric at all. SWIM just felt very hot and numb with a stoned kinda feeling associated with really poor quality weed:confused:. Can You give someone any advice???

15. Handle

Handle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    I feel this is an appropriate place to ask this question. Who's heard the suggestion that crystalline forms of mitragynine are not possible, does this simply come from the old 'kratom acetate' scam that french guy pulled a few years ago, or is it true? Someone in this forum just said that 7-OH mitragynine can be smoked, but plain mitragynine can't.
    Is this related to the claim that fairly pure mitragynine can only be obtained is in liquid form, and crystals purporting to be it are probably false. Also, I have never ever seen photos of any crystals in this whole area [kratom] and all the extracts/lyophilised/purified, they are all BLACK or BROWN and seem impure. SWIM only asks because he's curious, has anyone ever injected kratom alkaloids?
    SWIM admits total ignorance.

16. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Was 7-AcO-mitragynine a scam? This is the first I've heard about that! My buddy Special Eddie once bought, from a very reputable source doing their own lab work, a tincture containing a certain number of mg mitragynine and 7-HO-mitragynine. If I remember correctly, the source had a picture of the crystals in their catalog, and they were tan/brown. It seemed to give basically kratom-like results orally, and the remainder was dried to a brown powder which has never been sampled but sits in a little glass vial for some rainy day. I wonder about the stability of these compounds?

17. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The pure freebase is simply brown/red in color and not crystalline.
    Mitragynine burns before it vaporizes, but 7HO does not. Subjective trials confirm only the latter seems to have an effect.
    I feel very little research has been done on these products, so definitive answers to these questions are not out there yet. Brave researchers out there need to have test monkeys explore this, of course with the usual disclaimer that vaporizing anything is dangerous, particularly some isolate bought from some random source online.
    I have insufflated both and they seem to work best via that route. However, they are not full spectrum like the whole plant and that is why effects may be different and less recreational. I find a little of the alkaloid on top of an oral dose of leaf really kicks the former in.
    I think due to the insolubility of these products that injection would be risky.
    The 7ACO works, but I do not like the effects.
    These compounds seem very stable. I have some dry mitragynine from when it was first offered by a vendor fitting the above profile that is still good. Maybe 1.5 years old now and recently sampled.

18. j2lo0se

j2lo0se Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I read an article of a scientific experiment with kratom and all that and they claimed that 7-hydroxy-mitragynine was in the range of 60 times more powerful than morphine. They also stated that it was not able to successfuly be isolated with no impurities so I'm unsure of how they got that number. Unless anyone here has a Phd in chemistry I highly doubt your extracting anything from this plant, and if you do have a Phd your not on this forum. After everything I've read, 7-hydroxy-mitragynine extraction seems to be just as complex as trying to produce LSD. Not even worth the time If you figured out how to do it, cause it's obviously extremely difficult so just grow some poppies and if you get addicted just grow some more.

19. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find that comment rather presumptuous, especially as you have only been here less than four days. I happen to have a masters degree from Yale myself, and I doubt that I am the most highly educated member of this forum. While we're discussing erudition, the word is "you're," not "your." Normally one wouldn't quibble over such a thing, but your post rubs one the wrong way.

Lots of people like to follow quixotic quests out of sheer curiosity, something to be encouraged rather than derided.

20. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    SWIj2o0se can grow poppies and get addicted! As SWIR says, some people have a sense of curiosity about drugs. Kratom's alkaloids are utterly different from those of opium poppies. I have no interest at all in opium but enjoys kratom.