9-panel test ???

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by spacejack, Mar 5, 2007.

1. spacejack

spacejack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If I get a drug test that he knows is a 9-panel test, and on the first page, the following is printed:

thc
    cocaine metabolite
    pcp
    morphine
    codeine
    6-acetyl morphine
    amphetamine
    methamphetamine
    OTHER

are the eight drugs listed eight of the panels, with the OTHER being one add'l drug, OR are morphine, codeine and 6-acetyl morphine classified under the heading opiates and amph and methamph under the heading amphetamines with the OTHER possibly being 4 other classes of drugs??

Is there any possibility on a 9-panel test that benzos are not tested for?

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a 9-panel test where benzos are not tested for?

I would really like to know...

2. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    A nine panel drug test would probably consist of:

The standard five: THC, Cocaine, Opiates (You has "morphine, codeine and 6-acetyl morphine (HEROIN) grouped together, these all fall under OPIATES), PCP, MDMA/Methamphetamine/Amphetamine...

Other possibles to fill the nine panel: Barbituates, Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Ativan), Methadone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Oxymorphone (Oxycontin, OC's),

If it is a nine panel it almost certainly tests for Benzo's. Benzo's are becoming more widely abused and are so easily obtained that most drug tests now cover them standard.

Share your knowledge when You finds out what exactly is on the test.

Hope this helped. Good luck.

3. Isochrist

Isochrist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Oxycontin is oxycodone as far I'm aware, and would probably show up under a standard opiate EMIT test, so I wouldn't think that it would get it's own panel.

I think hydropmorphone would show up as an opiate on a standard EMIT test as well. Don't quote me on that though.

Although, having just googled multi-panelled EMIT tests, it seems some do have a seperate test for opiates like oxycodone(Percocet, OxyContin) and propoxyphene (Darvocet). Huh... I always thought all the 'codones and 'morphones were metabolized into morphine, or something of a similar enough structure to cause a positive for opiates without needing a seperate panel.

Anyways, some other things that they may test for could include MDMA, tricyclic antidepressants, and qualudes.

4. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Since Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone are semi-synthetic opiates they do not break down into morphine in the body. They are something completely seperate, and therefore, need their own test...

Ahhhhh... that is what I was forgetting... the Tricyclic antidepressants...

5. Isochrist

Isochrist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the clearing up of the hydromorphone and oxymorphone confusion.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they would test for tricyclic antidepressents? I mean, there's no recreational value in them, so I can hardly see someone taking them who's not prescribed them already.

What's up with that?

6. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I thought the tricyclic antidepressants was weird too... Any SWIMMERS here abuse them?

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'd be more inclined to test potential employees for SSRI-class anti-depressants. That's all I need working for me - a potentially suicidal/homicidal high-risk candidate.

No offense to those on such, but I'd love to see the reaction proposing such legislation would cause!