98% Pure Lagochilin / Lagochiline

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Alfa, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I found something interesting on various websites and is interested to know how effective this is. This alkaloid of Lagochilus inebrians Turkestan mint seems very interesting.
    It is not very clear to me what the correct oral dose is. 200 mg/ 0.2grams seems to be about right. Does anyone have experience with this?

2. whoisi

whoisi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've done research on 98% Pure Lagochilin, and 25X Plant Extract:
    In swim's experience anywhere from 100-300mg is a good dose. However he has a low opinion of this material. It doesn't synergize well with other substances, and is relatively expensive. Swim also found that the high grade plant extract, had a more pleasant effect than the pure Lagochilin. Both of them basically provided a weak though perceptible relaxant effect; he noticed a minor euphoric element with the plant extract, but not enough of a difference to be beyond placebo. Swim thinks this material is best used as a weak natural tranquilizer. It did seem to be effective in short term mood regulation, but a very low dose of kanna would probably be just as effective, though less noticible. Just my opinion though, hope this was helpful!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  3. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Out of curiosity I went looking and have just just found an article with the chemical structure of lagochillin if anyone is interested...

should be attached.

Attached Files:

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Did You just orally ingest the lagochilin, or did he also try consuming it in other ways?

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I did a number of experiments with Lagochilin, though he didn't kill his stash yet. He wanted to finish his research before posting any results, but as he will have to wait a few more months before finishing I'm just going to post some of his notes now.

Insufflation of 100mg Lagochilin

Start - 11:30PM... Swim cut out a line, with some difficulty as the lagochilin was very moist and would clump together, and insufflated it. The powder felt very smooth going up his nostril, with no burning or irritation to speak of.

11:35pm... Swim can't feel his nose much, but it isn't really numb either. Hard to explain the sensation. I am feeling much more mellow, notices less anxiety, and maybe a bit of sedation.

11:40pm... The drip is irritating swim's throat somewhat, possibly because of earlier tobacco consumption. Its an annoying sensation, but not really anything like burning. It just feels like a mild reaction of some sort in his throat that is tickling the nerves.

12:00pm... I am feeling fairly chilled out. Before insufflation I was feeling tired and weary, but after snorting the lagochilin he felt more active and didn't care to go to sleep.

**After the last comments swim stopped taking notes and went out to go party as he now had the energy and cancelled his previous plans of going to bed early. Overall the lagochilin seemed to have more of a stimulating rather than sedative effect, though anxiolytic-like properties were also noticed. Hard to evaluate the substance from this test, so swim moves on.

Oral Consumption of 200mg Lagochilin

Start - 2:30pm... Swim ate 200mg of lagochilin - from a spoon - and washed it down with some milk. Little to no taste was noted, nor any other sensations during ingestion. Before ingestion I was feeling a bit tired and lacking in energy as he had just got done with classes.

3:00pm... I am noticing anxiolytic effects at this point, with his anxiety noticeably lessened. Little sedation is felt at this time though. I am mellowed out and clam, though no inebriation as of yet.

3:30pm... I am still chilled out. He doesn't exactly have complete clarity of mind, but didn't any explicitly noticeable inebriating effects either. Anxiolytic effects are maintained. Slight sedation, but find it easier to try and focus on things. I am very balanced overall, nice.

Unfortunately swim seems to have lost about three experience reports, two regarding insufflation and one regarding oral consumption. They were more in-depth too! He will look for them and add their commentary to this thread when he finds them.

1. 5/5,
      Clear, short & Very explanatory
      Jan 14, 2009