1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

A beginner mushroom user taking it with a group of experienced users...

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by J0hn Smith, Nov 17, 2017.

1. J0hn Smith

J0hn Smith Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Atlanta, GA
    The other day my brother invited me to go with him to a Thanksgiving dinner at his friends apartment and mentioned that everybody there will be doing "magic mushrooms". I've only done it once two years ago (because in the area I live in it was really hard to find a decent dealer or middleman) and this was done in my own home where I felt calm and comfortable which is why I believe it was a really pleasant and euphoric experience for me. But this time, as I do want to try shrooms again, I'll be in an unfamiliar place with a group of experienced strangers I've never met before and am a little nervous about it all going south to a bad trip in front them.

For the experienced users: Am I just overthinking this and it'll all be alright? Or should I not go at all and take mushrooms on my own terms?

I'm only asking this question because I've only experienced psilocybin mushrooms once.

2. Cid Lysergic

Cid Lysergic Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from Calgary, Alberta
    It's all in your head how you react. If you think you'll have a bad time, then you will. For me, I would go to dorm parties in college on Acid. I was known as that crazy kid who went to parties on acid. However, everyone wanted to be drunk retards and talk about the dumbest shit.

By going to that party and getting high, you run the risk of a bad trip. A pretty high risk with your inexperienceness. Take them on your own terms at your setting of choice, not someone elses. If I were you, I would go to the party with a small handful of weed & when someone hands you the mushrooms, you say thanks, pocket them, and hand them the weed. If they ask if you are going to eat them right away, just say no and that you're saving them for a special occassion. They can not get upset or ask for the mushrooms back as they had just accepted your gift of weed to them. It's against the spirit of gift giving. To give someone a gift, then receive a different gift from the same someone, then immediately ask for yours back? It's an asshole move, but that's how you use it to your advantage to have a better high later.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 17, 2017 ---
    Welcome to Drugs Forum by the way, @J0hn Smith ! Message me anytime if you got any questions.