A Dosage Range for San Pedro?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Revancheshepherd, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Revancheshepherd

Revancheshepherd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim boiled down some cacti the other night that was measured out to about 1040g or roughly 1kg and and concentrated the green tea into about 200ml worth of liquid, is this safe for swim to ingest without killing themselves?
    Previous tests included not weighed dosage...
    a raw 5inch cutting much thinner gave swim a slight body buzz with minor color enhancement
    but the 1kilo cacti was almost twice as thick and about 13 inches or so in length, this cactus was also lighter in color and much older, but is from the same family(batch)

Thx you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Can someone give swim a range?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What type of cactus was used? No one can answer your question without that piece of information.

Did You UTFSE to look for other threads that could have information helping You with this topic? I'm sure if You briefly looked he could find threads giving approximate doses of mescaline from certain cacti.

3. Revancheshepherd

Reputation Points:

I was referring to the San Pedro Cacti, sorry forgot to mention this
    I was looking for a general range by weigh of the san pedro cacti for doses
    I could not find any sufficient information and/or reliable information as all the information he researched seemed to contradict each other as some sites stated that San pedro can be consumed in doses in upwards of 50 lbs and still have threshold effects while some other forum members think 1 oz of the SP will have 100mg of Mescaline content within it
    PS: Is there a known LD50 for Mescaline???
    PPS: Is there any actual known reports of human deaths due to Mescaline OD?

4. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The LD50 for mescaline has been established in the range of 800-1200mg/kg orally.

Thats quite a bit considering the average human recreational dose is around 200 - 600 mg orally.

Still, as with most any psychoactive substance, side effects tend to increase as the dose is heightened, so this must be taken into account. You may not die from an abnormally large dose of mescaline, but it can be a very unpleasant experience.

I'm unable to find any instances where a human death was attributed to Mescaline. There was one unconfirmed instance where an army soldier was supposedly given 15 grams intravenously and died, though I couldn't really find any information on that.

Heres an abstract on a mescaline related death (full article wasn't available).

Abstract: The death of an individual under the influence of mescalineis presented. Concentrations of the drug were 9.7, 70.8, and 1163 micrograms/mL or micrograms/g in blood, liver, and urine respectively.

That was about it. I don't think there have been any substantiated cases really, though keep in mind that death isn't the only unpleasant side effect from large doses of any substance!

The mescaline content of san pedro varies greatly from cactus to cactus, or even cutting to cutting. No one can know how much mescaline is in a particular cactus, even the growers. As such with this cactus its a good idea to start low and work up as needed rather than take unnecessary risks.

5. Revancheshepherd

Reputation Points:

ok! swim thx you much. I will hold off on consuming the liquid for now.

6. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It won't kill you, but it could be a heavy dose (which can be fun or difficult)... I would suggest taking half of the liquid and waiting until it begins to kick in before deciding whether or not to take the rest, if You is unsure..

7. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  8. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM assumed he boiled the cactus down from live cuttings, which may be erroneous, and this could make a huge difference in the effects, being that cacti contain much water.. SWIM's mistake:(.. If you, boiled 1 kilo of dried pedro, that could be 20 high doses, which wouldn't kill you most likely, but as stated, would give ONE HELL of a trip.. ;)

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    1 kg of dried cactus something completely different than 1 kg fresh cactus. 1 kg fresh is about 60 grams dried green tissue, which is about one very strong dose. 40 grams would be a good dose, depending on the strength.

10. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

There is no LD50 for human consumption. Extrapolations across species are not accurate. There has been one reported death related to mescaline consumption, which was damage to the esophagus with bleeding. Physical trauma.

To answer the question, a fresh cactus is probably 0.03% mescaline content at most. 1Kg should be approximately 300mg mescaline, a dose for one person, if consumption is legal in that area.