Combinations - A few questions on combining DXM with other drugs

Discussion in 'DXM' started by psychedelaholic, Dec 25, 2005.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Firstly is it better to smoke weed before or during the trip or does it not matter?

Is it ok to combine it with psychedelics such as acid, shrooms and mescaline?

Is it ok to combine with K?

Last time I did DXM I took 900mg all at once and got a lot of negative affects. How spread out should doses be? I was thinking maybe something like 200mg every 30mins would help or will this have no affect? (SWIM meant to only take 500mg as it was only his 3rd time but his friend's digis screwed up somehow)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    First off, it doesnt matter when you smoke weed, I like to do it before and during and after though.

Sure its ok to combine with acid shrooms and whatnot, people do it and as long as you dont take a high dose of both then you should be fine.

Why would you want to combine it with K? Dunno if its dangerous but doesnt sound likea good idea to me.

Also, redosing is not recomended unless you have read up on it, a redosed trip ends up alot strong than it would be if you took it all at once. 800 mg is alot for someone just getting into, thats probably why you got bad side effects. I have tripped probably 60 or so times and doesnt do doses that high for the same reasons. Try a single dose of 400-500 mgs, i wouldnt go any higher.

3. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Cheers for the reply, 500mg sounds like a good amount for the next trip. The only reason SWIM asked about K was that as they are both dissociates I thought that taking a low dose of DXM with a low dose of K might be quite an interesting combo.

4. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah 500mg is a good trip, out of the 20 or so times I tried it I started out 450mg and worked up to the last couple times around the 1000mg <----which was plenty lemme tell ya. My best times was around the 750 to 900mg range but thats after I learned the effects of it at lower doses. The weed tends to make a better buzz in my opinion with no ill side effects. Never tried with anything else combined with it though, a little alcohol maybe....

I don't do it anymore as it doesn't really appeal to me....but it was fun while it lasted....

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  5. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    You never know, its possible. I just figured mixing 2 dissociatives might not be too good for your head, meaning it could be hard on the brain. Its not likely to cause any real danger but although i know they are both somewhat a different high they are similar enough that it would probably be just as fun doing 1 or the other. I could be wrong, i havent tried it or anything.

6. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    Same here, Its definatly fun and all, definatly a cool experience you cant get from any other drug. I hate to put it down n all because its not really any worse tahn any other drug, but when i first started and realized i was chugging down syrup to get messed up, it really made me feel skiddish and dirty. But ya, after higher doses of that and a scare with accidental SSRI ingestion followed by a dxm trip that lasted a couple days, mine are also over and im glad, im also glad i experienced it too though.

Who knows, i might give it a go just for good old times in the distant future.

Oh, and sorry for off topic.

7. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    First time I tried it was by chugging cough syrup down about 3 years ago, don't think he will ever be able to take a single spoonful of the stuff again or even smell it for that matter. SWIM bought 10g of pure DXM HBr a couple of weeks back though so has that to experiment with. DXM is definetely not his drug of choice but he fancied doing something a bit different for a bit and remembered trying it a few years back as well as the fact a few of his mates were interested in trying it.

Maybe a low dose of 200mg with a few lines of K would be good, wouldn't want to risk any higher doses of either in combo. I have read somewhere that combining it with alcohol isn't such a great idea though.

8. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    I have combined it with alcohol before, but ya thats not to say thats its safe by anymeans and it was only like 3-4 shots when i have done it (a few times). I really have no idea why its so bad to mix it but i trust there is a good enough reason for it. Mabey not one of the more dangerous combos though as long as your not high dosing dxm and drinking alot. Alcohol is said to increase absorption of dxm, so if you take like 1 shot of alcohol when you dose it might speed it up a bit. Also if you havent heard already you can drink some grapefruit juice a few hours beforehand and your trip will be more intense and last longer. It works by inhibiting some enzyme in the liver thats responsible for breaking down complex drugs, i can never remember what the enzymes called though.

9. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Grapefruit juice!?!? haha crazy well I'll tell SWIM to stock up on some for his next trips.

10. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    Ya try to get some of the stuff thats not from concentrate if possible, though it will all work, if its not from concentrate it will be more pure so there would be more actual grapefruit juice in it making it work better.

11. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah I never really said it was a GOOD idea to drink but I just said I have before....a little bit that is...a few beers or a couple of shots with no ill effects but its not recommended as alot of people don't know when to stop. I don't think I'd like to be drunk and on dxm at the same time.

12. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    nearing last few hours of trip alcohol can revive ur peak

Firstly is it better to smoke weed before or during the trip or does it not matter?
    ***It matters but its ok***

Is it ok to combine it with psychedelics such as acid, shrooms and mescaline?
    ***I wouldnt combine it unless you go low/low***

Is it ok to combine with K?
    ***Same as above***

Last time I did DXM I took 800mg all at once and got a lot of negative affects. How spread out should doses be? I was thinking maybe something like 200mg every 30mins would help or will this have no affect? (I meant to only take 500mg as it was only my 3rd time but my friend's digis screwed up somehow)

***Dont redose, read one of my threads on it, yea 450-500 should be REALLy good, 800 is way too much for 3rd timer***

13. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    1) Weed is always better to smoke during a DXM trip. It is most freaky in the end, but is always good.
    2) I wouldn't combine it with phenethylamines and amphetamines because they both cause blood pressure and heart rate elevation. However, all psychedelics in cmobination with DXM cause great responses. I've read somewhere on the net that DXM+Shroomz is an Experienced-Users-Only combination. I've combined it only with Nutmeg and got unpleasant bosy load, inability to speak because of the dry mouth. However, the visuals were really powerful and full of details. And they were in some way realistic. Don't recommend this, though. Although it was cool.
    3) There is no trouble to combine it with K. You'll get greater dissociation and less psychedelia (then a corresponding dose of DXM for such dissociation)

14. Nullius Filius

Nullius Filius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have combo'd dxm and jwh-18 before. Not nearly as good as dxm and weed but it still gives swim a pretty good numbing experience. Knocks him out cold though after about three or four hours. Also combined it with yohimbine hcl and phenibut. Made sex weird to say the least.