A morning glory near-miss

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by leithwalk, Dec 10, 2006.

1. leithwalk

leithwalk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM passes on the following trip notes, and I reproduce them here. Worth reporting the failures as well as the successes.

Time of ingestion: 9.24pm

Preparation: 5g of morning glory seeds, which have been stored for 12+ months in a cool garage, pulverised in coffee grinder, 30 mins soak in distilled water, double filter through tea strainer, drink.

Previous experience: Plenty with hallucinogens, twice with LSA (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) but with little to no effect. First time with MG.

Set and setting: prepared and ingested at friend's nearby house, immediate return home, alone. Generally well rested and fed -- last meal 4 hours before.

T-0.15: - ball up and smoke the tarry stuff in the bottom of SWIM's cannabis pipe bowl -- not enough to get high, just enough to layer a little anti-nausea, maybe (SWIM hopes).

T+0: Down the hatch. Looks brown and unappealing, tastes very neutral and mild.

T+20: Definitely feeling that "mind being stretched open" effect. Some very mild nausea - fine as long as you keep me off boats and fairground rides.

T+35: A few moments where there's momentary loss of concentration, tend to make typos. Sweaty hands.

T+50: Hmmm, a pleasant background buzz feeling that's probably more THC than LSA. Still, why not enjoy it, I think?

T+1.05: Put on some classical guitar music. Feels fairly normal, although SWIM's definitely a little slowed at typing. Kind of feels like SWIM's underdosed.

T+1.10: Switch to some thumping dance music. Mild euphoria. Pupils not huge when SWIM looks in the mirror, but they do expand and contract a lot.

T+1.35: Take some hits off a small block of strong hash in my pipe. Playing some smoother dance music. Watching visualisers in WinAmp.

T+1.45: MMMmmmmmmm %*)

T+1.50: Flying fast, nothing much visual, but powerful euphoria. Music is awesome. I think he'll finish the block of hash and go lie down and enjoy the ride...

So I went to bed, some nice gentle CEVs, music was exquisite. No nausea, no unpleasantness. SWIM woke up a few times feeling damned good. A body and emotional high than classic psychedelic wibbly wobbly walls. More than a hash trip, definitely -- makes me want to explore better extraction and higher doses.

PS - Doesn't there need to be a sticky MG experiences thread?

1. 4/5,
      Good, detailed account of experience, thanks
      Dec 16, 2006
    2. 3/5,
      good morning glory trip report
      Dec 15, 2006
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yes, though I've been extremely busy lately so I haven't made one yet. Will probably go through and combine some of the better Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and MGS experience threads to make a sticky. Not sure if its better to keep them separate or how an experience thread for both. They are quite similar, though subjective effects tend to differ somewhat.

3. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think that it would probably be a better idea to keep the Morning Glory and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose experiences in seperate threads. Although they both are somewhat similiar, they have their differences.

SWITC could easily differentiate between a Hawaiian Baby Woodrose trip and a MG trip. But, that's SWITC.

4. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [paranoid]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^ Yeah thats a merger of a few threads itself. Its stickied now. PM me a link if you find any exceptionally good MG or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose trip reports hidden in a corner of some thread so I can add it in to the main one. Centralization is always nice :p