Combinations - A near MDMA experience: 2C-I & DXM

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Beeker, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I decided to go on a spirit quest one weekend. 20mg 2c-I and 150mg of DXM were taken orally in the morning. No food had been consumed sense the day before.

The two worked wonderfully together. the Speedy/ light trip of 2c-I with the empathic nature of the DXM. Swim danced in a trace for 8 hours and let go of his dead father and fell in love with himself again.

The spirit quest brought SWIM out of the hole of self-pity he fell into after his father past tragically.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Would you mind explaining a little more in depth how it was similar to mdma? That's great You can get so much out of his drug use.

3. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    First off, SWIM only taken "MDMA" 5 times, the last was not MDMA but Meth so I am no expert and never bothered with unknown pills again.

I know that drug 1 is "like" drug 2 is silly sometimes. I have never had another drug that 1) dance created exctacy 2) empathic feelings toward others and SWIM were possible in this state.

the two created what was nearer to MDMA then that meth pill sold as MDMA. I had filed away 2c-I into a drawer for a long time as a mundane substance in place of organic sources for real entheogenic work.

I am 195 pounds and has not done any on the recearch on this combo but will at to this post in the coming weeks.

4. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I had the day off and it was very stormy out. Very dark, so much so that the street lights stayed on.

SWIM decided the day before to do a little more in debth study on this combo as it seemed like a worthy tool for SWIM's perverbial shaman bag. SWIM put away the organics sealed in a vacuum container lacking air. The Cannabis, the Cubs, the roots and seeds. Teachers for another time as I had aheavy 5 gram mushroom trip that would take some time.. Time to understand the amount of content granted to him in an egoless state.

SWIM set out a schedule for the next two months. So rewarding was the last spirit quest that it needed to be looked at as the experience was both enthralling and a real pillow on the ego.

SWIM injested 20mg 2C-I and 200mg DXM (50mg more then the last) and found that the extra DXM took on a more drunken 'delic sensation this time. It seems SWIM dropped into the 2nd plat. of DXM and he became uncoordinated making talking or dancing a real chore. Visions came to SWIM in the open - swirling in wood grain, paintings on the wall took on a 3D nature. SWIM's mind was clouded and confused in split moments of confusion only to be flung to the wayside by the speedy nature of the 2C-I.

Though I had abig ol' smile on his face he was more like the drunk then the enlightened being. I think that this might be a case where less is more and maybe, just maybe, more time is needed in between. I will try 12mg 2C-I and 150mg DXM next time.

-

No one climbs mt. Everest and comes back the same.

5. Sublime

Sublime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Would You say 2C-I is the most euphoric RC?

6. napoleon in rags

napoleon in rags Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think this is something that he's gotta try in the coming months :)

7. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I noticed a thread in the main Research Chemical area talking about RC+DXM so for my sake you are warned! link for your reading plesha.. https://drugs-forum.com/threads/7859

I have only taken in coffee and asprin for headaches sense the last post.

SWIM injested 150mg DXM in softgels and 15mg 2c-i in an 00 gel. The onset of the 2c-I came first and the DXM washed to shore about 20 minutes later. Effects were perfect for trance dancing SWIM tells me, "it was just as euphoric to dance as the first time." He went on to tell me that his heart rate and blood pressure were all normal for 5 hours of dancing.

SWIM told me he might try it again sometime before 2006 ends but he has to move on I guess.

"back to working with organics," SWIM told me.

8. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A word of caution. Mixing DXM (robo) with psychedellics can induce very umpleasent trips. I have mixed Robo with LSD a few times and found the trips to be mentaly and emotionaly difficult and the effcts very over powering.

If you are going to add DXM to psychedellics keep the dose low.

9. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I posted in the other rc and dxm post...I had always found dxm + 2c-i to be absolutely mindblowing, but not in the sense that you don't know what's going on. Swim says that it's mindblowing as far as the spirituality of the trip goes. While on this combo, I said that she could just sit and listen to monks chant on the headphones or something similar and feel as if she had been projected into some sort of psychic realm that those who are deemed 'enlightened' inhabit. She has also had other such things where she felt inhabited by certain spirits. Swim says that she has always had blissed-out experiences on this combo and hasn't really found much else that compares in the same way. Swim really, really wants to repeat the experience since she hasn't done this since around the beginning of this year and has the necessary chems at her fingertips. She also says that although the combo is supposedly a bit dangerous, she has also read that 5HT2 agonists (most psychedelics, 2c-i) prevent some of the neurotoxicity of dissociatives...there's a thread with that article somewhere on the forums. So, even though I has read through the claims of the rc and dxm thread, it's difficult to let such a wonderful experience (during which she experienced absolutely no negative physical or mental effects) go. Oh, and swim's dosage was something along the lines of 300mg dxm (a dose usually ineffective for her) and about 14-16mg of 2c-i...maybe less.

10. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh, and also I'd like to add in reference to the therapeutic nature of the combination: I said that she experienced this as well. In fact, I found a journal entry that swim wrote (shhh...don't tell her) documenting one such therapeutic trip with this combo:

11. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    bewilderment and Raedon, you must really have a thing for the Alps, cause your brain will look like Swiss cheese in a rather short while.

i'm placing bets, any takers?

as to long term emotional fragility and HPPD induction, i can think of no better combination.

12. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good move nano.

And to think, I was starting buy into this idea. After all, it sure does sound enticing, no?

How about this idea--and I *know* that this is supposed to be MY area of expertise... but seriously, what do you think about just trying this once or twice?? I mean, come one. Anyone who has to take regular drug tests will tell you that anything involving 2ci and DXM is like a dream come true! right?

OK, so maybe this question is unanswerable... After all, I've met guys who drank gasoline... under the condition that they "take it with white bread to prevent the gasoline from eating your stomach." haha no shit. One of the dumbest ideas I've ever EVER heard of. So kids, don't go trying this one, please!

Maybe just some input from those who've tried this combo and DIDN'T get cottage cheese heads? Or, maybe you should just lockdown this thread, nano...?

13. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nano, is there any scientific data which suggests that similar combinations are more likely to cause these things moreso than other substances? I don't know very much about HPPD, but from what I've read it seems that no one knows the cause of it. I understand the emotional fragility since there is neurotransmitter depletion, but I has found that with this combination causes no more fragility in the days after than any other drug which affects mood-regulating neurotransmitters. One seems to recover relatively quickly. Is there a specific reason why this may cause such long-term effects?

As far as the swiss cheese, I assume you're referring to the lesions? I know it may be a bit of a long shot, but like I said, I have read articles claiming that 5HT2A agonists prevent NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity in the rat brain. Also, when one uses such a combination they use a much lower dosage of dxm than usual (or one would hope) so I would assume that there's only a small amount of risk as far as holes in the brain or at the most the risk is as large as taking a higher plateau dose. But, that's just referring to the dex causing the holes. At least, I've never heard of phenethylamines causing lesions.

I have used this combination a number of times and hasn't noticed any sort of long-term effects. The biggest risk I see with this combination is that of hyperserotonemia. Swim says that she gets a very distinct feeling whenever she has too much serotonin in her system whether it be from antidepressants or what have you and she says that she has never had this feeling with this particular combination...but, maybe other people would find themselves experiencing serotonin syndrome which is why I don't feel safe recommending it to others, but I did want to contribute swim's experience simply because they have been absolutely amazing and thus worth sharing.

It would be expected that any kind of excessive use of drugs could cause brain damage, but I say that she feels pretty safe with using this combination to explore every few months since she's never experienced very negative effects either during or after.

I know there are people here who know much more about this kind of thing than I do which is why I'm asking for information. I've been researching this a fair amount because I really do wonder if the effects are so much more harmful than any other kind of drug. I've also been very curious simply because my experience doesn't line up with the negative things I've heard on the forums (but everyone reacts differently so maybe I am just lucky to have not had any bad reactions unless they're going to show up way into the future). I haven't found anything online as to why this would be particularly hard on the brain. Obviously, combinations are harder on the brain than when one ingests a single substance but I can't figure why this combination would be so singularly harmful. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places...

14. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    What is real and what isn't doesn't change the fact that the combo changed my life once at a low dose of both compounds.

I did MDMA three times also. I am far from a chemical dump ground here.

I hope no one here reading this has a problem with gleaming off honey from the razor.

15. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim experimented with the 2c-i + dxm combination again last weekend for the first time since the previous report and once again it was absolutely amazing. I still wouldn't advise anyone to try such a combo because I am not a neuroscientist and can't prove that this combination is not toxic. I hope that it is not, for swim's sake. Experientially, it doesn't feel as if I am frying her brains out which she has felt before on othe substances. This is what I read in swim's diary:

"This past weekend was a good one. More eventful than I've become accustomed to and that's pretty good. Friday night I decided to take some 2c-i and wasn't really planning for that much of a trip. But, a few hours into it I didn't see the visuals I'd become accustomed to and figured this was because I hadn't smoked any marijuana. Our neighbors were on the front porch and Mari walked over to see if we could get a dime bag (one of those over there is also a dealer, not the one who lives there) but the guy said he had some, but he had promised it to someone else. Our neighbor said that he was going to get some on Saturday and would drop by before he left which is good but still wasn't helping me for the night. So, I decided I would mix some dxm. I know that this usually results in a more intense trip and I didn't necessarily want that on that particular night, but I was disappointed with my experience so far. Mari, being the wonderful and beautiful being that she is, ran to the store to pick up some Zicam and I took some of that and a little more 2c-i. These were probably the largest doses I had ever taken with this combination so while I hadn't planned it, I was excited about finding out what would happen. Never the entire night did I even feel the least bit queasy which I was surprised by. My body and mind felt fantastic the entire time and there were no negative effects aside from a headache afterwards which is to be expected. Mari and I decided to watch a movie and we put in WorldVisions which is an Alex Grey DVD. Before, we'd only watched the performance version, but Mari suggested we watch the art-only version. I was thinking it would be something like a slideshow and it may be boring, but it turned out to be terrific and as my visuals began to kick in, all of the artwork looked fantastic in a way that I cannot even describe. I put it on pause to go to the bathroom. When I came back down, Mari was taking the dogs out back and I went to look outside to see what things looked like. Everything was just beautiful, lots of mosaic patterning and colors along with trees swaying, melting and so forth. Mari suggested we go out front because there was a full moon out and in good view so I went with her. I looked up and I saw some of the most amazing things I have ever seen. There was this giant lattice stretched all around the sky while some of the material stretched down in cylinders so I felt like I was looking up through them. The branches of the trees would stretch and melt together to form other patterns. Mari pointed to a star and at first I saw the one star, but then it looked like a circle of stars and then they started swirling around like a dancing galaxy. Around this point, Mari got cold and asked if I wanted to go inside, but I didn't want to leave yet so I stayed out and just stared, mostly watching the stars spinning around each other. Then I saw this form that was made out of a transparent matrix, and it the stars began spiraling about as if they were flowing through the veins of this form/being. I was holding on to the railing and I felt like my hand then body just sort of melted away so I kind of forgot I was a physical thing and I became lost in the images. I saw one of these matrix forms float right near my head. The trees looked fluffy almost like they had cotton instead of leaves. Anyway, eventually I went back inside to turn the movie back on, even though the things going on outside were more interesting, but I wanted to spend time with Mari. We had some Marash time and she became pretty sleepy and I stumbled back outside. The visuals were not that amazing after progression of time, but they still kept me entertained for a good while. It was a wonderful night all-around."

Disclaimer: Once again, I do not advise this combo because I can understand how it can be very damaging. I am simply sharing for the sake of information.