Experiences - A negative lsd experience

Discussion in 'LSD' started by mfrieze, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just recently, I decided to eatt 5 hits of lsd right after his girlfriend he loved broke up with him. At the time Swim thought lsd would help him think more clearly but I was very wrong. IT was the most negative trip of my life. Also at the time My computer had a virus so his computer did not work (so no music, i do not own a cd) and all his friends were at school or work. So I was pretty much all by himself this entire trip

I decided to ingest 5 hits of this lsd at around 11 30 am, the day after she broke up with him. I have no family here at the time or anything. Not even a tv! So, swim layed down in his bed thinking with nothing better to do the entire time. All he could think about is what he did wrong in the relationship and how much he loved her. Lsd made the pain of loosing her so much worse. Lsd always usually helps swim think more clearly so he decided maybe it would help him if he was depressed. Swim just layed there in misery for 8 hours with no one and just cried. Swim realizes now that it was a huge mistake taking lsd at this time. I was also having more than just relatinoship problems that he cant discuss here, but what I am trying to say is.... Always make sure your prepared for an lsd trip. Never trip when your are depressed. Always have something to do if you get bored. Lsd can really get to you after a while. be careful! lsd can be a very good thing... but it can also be a very negative experience

2. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No offense intended but given the inputs to SWIM's trip it is very surprising that he couldn't predict the possibility of a bad trip. LSD does help one think clearer, but the whole good trip/bad trip issue is usually related to one's emoional status and atmosphere of surroundings when entering the trip. You had just broken up with his girlfriend, quite a negative emotional experience when you consider he loved her and she broke up with him. In addition, You had no friends, no TV, no music, nothing to improve his surroundings, clearly an atmosphere that will at least not help provide a good trip, let alone foster a bad one. Finally considering the fact that You took 5 hits given these inputs, the whole situation just spelled bad news.

Again, don't mean to be bashing you, but I feel like this situation could have been completely avoided if he considered the factors that provide for a good trip.

3. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

yeah i get what your saying. it was a bad decision on swims part. I have over 50 lsd experiences under his belt and thought he could handle it. So I just wanted to post this to just remind people. Swim usually never makes decisions like these. I am farely safe when it comes to his drug use and regrets this vary much. So its ok for you to bash swim :D

4. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Don't worry about it. We've all made bad choices when we were unhappy. At the very least its a learning experience. And even if the trip was really bad, it undoubtebly had to answer some questions or give you something to think about.

5. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well honestly now that i think about it.. I amn't that upset anymore. i think swim let it all out on the trip :D

6. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2 words.... Set & Setting

These seem to be even more important with LSD than many of the rc's.

You're not alone though. I have seen MANY people get several trips under their belt and think they can handle about any trip. Each one was taught a lesson by either LSD or shrooms or whatever their weapon of choice was.

I have a set of "chores" he accomplishes the days before a trip and as long as there isn't any odd circumstances or strange/uncomfortable emotions going on, he can almost guarantee an enjoyable/exceptional trip. Maybe I'll get him to write these up as a guide sometime.

7. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah I am usually a pretty happy guy and doesn't have to many emotional problems and swim always made sure he had a good setting and was in a good mood. but swim tried to use lsd for a differen't purpose this time and it surely didn't work out to well